Tool (band) Fans Post Here!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seriously? I never bothered to research who actually did it, I just assumed. Quay brothers were my unhealthy obsession as a young lad. :lol

yeah Adam Jones was in special effects when he started with Tool.
Working on Nightmare/Elm St movies, Jurassic Park, T2 are a few I remember ....

Liked them since Aenima, saw them in concert for 10,000 days. With the exception of Pink Floyd's Division Bell tour, best concert I've seen. And Maynard didn't like our audience. Some ass threw a bottle of water and hit him, so he kept the show short, but it was still awesome.

Tool is definitely one of my all time fav's. I saw them in Hershey back in 02 I believe. It was really a great concert. I'd see them again in a heartbeat. Im sure their new stuff sounds awesome live.

*raises hands*

My bro even went to his little winery to promote his new wine. Awesome dude, :rock

first time I ever saw them was when they just had released Aenima and they were playing in a High School gym.
They kept a really low profile and only put their music at the forefront. So the first show I went to see them I had absolutely no idea what they lookd like.
I thought it was so cool my favorite band was a group of guys I had never even seen before.

I have been a fan of TOOL for a while, I originally bought Undertow because Henry Rollins was on the record, but eventually found that TOOL were a great group in their own right. I just wish that they would re-release Salival so I could have all of the videos.

wow. didnt realize Salival had gone up in price that much.
Seems prices are all over the place tho. I need to hunt mine down.

I saw them here last year at the new Nokia Theater in downtown LA. It's a really sweet theater and the show was awesome! Love all the art and multimedia. Like the band's lyrics a lot, and Lateralus is my favorite.

Travis (my husband - multimedia manager at Sideshow) is a HUGE fan, much more than I am. He's got tons of Alex Grey artwork all around, a tattoo of the flaming eye thingy, he's a member of the Tool Army, we have a few bottles of Maynard's wine (yeah, it's pretty good - but kinda expensive), he's a HUGE fanboy for Adam Jones, and he entered a video-making contest for A Perfect Circle and came in 2nd (or one of the runners-up or something)... it was a cool video and it's what got him the job at Sideshow... funny how it all works out - we owe our union to Tool and LOTR fandom... lesson: live your passions!

We even have a HUGE 10,000 Days poster in our living room - you can see it in some of the attached photos from our wedding:

Last edited:
nice. love the poster.

my daughter being named Alexandrea Greylynn isnt a coincidence .. :D

the first time i saw Tool was in '92 for a concert called The Medicine Show. It was a show that Perry Ferrell put on to raise money for anit-vivisection groups. Never heard of Tool at that point and they came out (btw it was an acoustic only show) and had two pyres of acoustic guitars on each end of the stage and they lit them on fire. during this the drummer is playing on metal trash bins and sheet metal and Heny Rollins comes out and starts pounding away with the drummer.

Maynard comes out with a shot gun in his had nad starts shooting blanks in the air while chanting something (i don't know what it was because it seriously sounded like the end of the world with all the noise they were making.) this went on for the entire set they were given (each band had 15 minutes.) Needless to say they had a fan for life after that.

Oh yeah this was at the Palladium which is indoors and kind of small, between the smoke from the burning guitars and the shotgun blanks we were all pretty fried after their set. that s@$t was intense.

I love Tool. My favorite song has to be 10,000 Days. I also like Hooker with a ^^^^^, Sober, Jambi, The Pot, hell, I like them all.

Does anybody like Puscifer? A totally different sound from Tool. They did a few shows in Vegas that sold out almost instantly.

Luis

Yep I love em! Also the vids and Alex Gray of course. Maynard is actually from Ravenna, a small town about 40 miles from me - one thing instilled in creative people from Ohio is the strong desire to LEAVE IT!

Its hard to believe that a band this good and this experimental is so... popular!!!

BTW, I'm an album oriented guy; for most of my favorites the single turns out to be the weakest track, the one for the masses, etc. But I could listen to "Schisms" on repeat for a couple of days! Well maybe not days, but you now what I mean.

Last edited:
I saw them here last year at the new Nokia Theater in downtown LA. It's a really sweet theater and the show was awesome! Love all the art and multimedia. Like the band's lyrics a lot, and Lateralus is my favorite.

Travis (my husband - multimedia manager at Sideshow) is a HUGE fan, much more than I am. He's got tons of Alex Grey artwork all around, a tattoo of the flaming eye thingy, he's a member of the Tool Army, we have a few bottles of Maynard's wine (yeah, it's pretty good - but kinda expensive), he's a HUGE fanboy for Adam Jones, and he entered a video-making contest for A Perfect Circle and came in 2nd (or one of the runners-up or something)... it was a cool video and it's what got him the job at Sideshow... funny how it all works out - we owe our union to Tool and LOTR fandom... lesson: live your passions!

We even have a HUGE 10,000 Days poster in our living room - you can see it in some of the attached photos from our wedding:

TOOL is one of my favorite Bands! I have many Favorite Bands.:lol Music is one of my things, like Sideshow Collectibles.:D I have seen TOOL live in concert once.:D TOOL puts on one of the best live shows out there!:D
Maynard never faced the people, The whole show he had his back turned, odd.:confused:

Maynard never faced the people, The whole show he had his back turned, odd.:confused:

:lol

Yes, "odd" is a good word to describe Maynard. He used to paint himself blue for concerts. I've heard he's fairly 'normal' in real life, just does it to be dramatic - performance art.

We almost used 'Maynard' as Dax's middle name!

:lol

Yes, "odd" is a good word to describe Maynard. He used to paint himself blue for concerts. I've heard he's fairly 'normal' in real life, just does it to be dramatic - performance art.

We almost used 'Maynard' as Dax's middle name!

Now that is cool that Dax's middle name was almost 'Maynard'!:lol:rotfl

My Family has joked with me that they think if and when I have a son that I would name my son Boris.:lol:rotfl

Back