"Tombo" Doors are coming back!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice. That's the same way I have mine setup as well. I use a mix of TOMBOs and SINDVIKs.

Question, in your bottom Avengers display pic, how did you get 3 figures on the 1/2 shelf and Hulk in there? Or are those 3 figures on a clear stand of some sort?
Those 3 are on acrylic risers

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

So far, the only countries which have Fiskviken panels are Germany and Czech Republic.
Anyone knows how IKEA handle new products launches ? Is this always Germany which gets new products first ?

That's the first I have seen them on a website. Searching before brought up nothing. I have my fingers crossed for April here

I have used detlofs before to display my 1/6 scale figures,but I'm lost in what a good way to display premium format figures etc...I'm not to far from a ikea. I also read that in April a new type of shelf is coming out in ikea. I'm pretty lost and don't want my heavy statues and premium format figures obviously coming crashing down,so I'd really appreciate any help. Thanks

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

New type of shelves out in April ? What is everyone talking about, where that April info comes from ? I just bought a Besta shelf, I hope it's not going to be a waste :(

If they are not out in april I am going to have to get something else and maybe use them for top doors. Sindvik or glassvik? If thats how you spell them.. you know what I mean :lol

Ugh, i just put 8 new bestas with 3 glassviks each together...Jesus himself couldn't get me to redo this shelving and its monotony.

Glassviks it is.
Hides the hinges and the lighting anyway.

"Nowayman"
That's one word.

Glassviks it is.
Hides the hinges and the lighting anyway.

That's the spirit! Find the positives. :lol Those hinges are ugly, man. I thought long and hard about switching to these (the Tombos were already gone when I started collecting), but I prefer the borders.

What about painting the hinges in black ? Maybe that would look better with black bestas!

I'm gonna be going to Ikea this weekend and i have 1 detlof now for my 1/6 scale figures and too many in boxes,plus 6 premium format figures that need to be displayed looking good and close to my other 1/6 scale figures. The tallest premium format figure is Lobo at the top point of his gun at 28.5 inches. Should i get 2 more detlofs for my 1/6 scales to match or go another way where i can put my 1/6 scale and premium format figures all together looking much better matched up with the same display cases. Open to any suggestions and appreciate the help. Thanks

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Is there a chance that this is just a European release that will never come to the States or is this an inevitable release? If anyone knows Ikea better than I do, please give us some input.

Why does everyone seem to think that the new Tombos will be out by April? This is good news but isn't there any chance these new doors will never be sold anywhere else than in Germany / Czech Rep. ? Like Amphion, I am not too familiar with IKEA product availability policies...

Back