Tomandshell's Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OMG, what an awesome collection and display.

Ive always thought that a collection is only as good as its display. Ive just spent $1500 on a huge glass display cabinet in order to display and protect my collectables and you've definetely made me feel right about my decision.

:)

I think that you will feel that it was worth it once you get it all set up! It will make your stuff look 100 times better, and I promise that you will sit around and stare at your collection a lot more than you used to. Just one thing: Post some pictures so that we can all share in your investment!

Thanks Tom, I'll try photoshop. I got myself a huge glass display cabinet from a gift shop that was closing down 3 months ago, one of those with rotating shelves as well! Had it all filled up but had to sacrifice some space for her at home! The pics I took don't upload, but will try again.

Absolutely gorgeous! Must be nice to sit back and know you have a Museum Quality collection to enjoy anytime you want, and the shelf lights must make these pieces look amazing at night, really stunning Tom.

Really great pictures TomandShell. The new curio really does lend an air of opulance and beauty to your collection. Thanks for sharing your pictures.

Meanwhile, back in the office...

After clearing out a bunch of my LOTR stuff to put in my new cabinet at home, I am rearranging all of the Star Wars stuff in my office. I bought a new black glass display case for my Code 3 vehicles and their corresponding Gentle Giant busts:

code3shelf8yk.jpg

DarkArtist81 said:
Great displays Tom! I really liked the photoshopped Chewie!! I hardly noticed until I looked again..:lol

Sneaky..sneaky Tom...I didn't even notice that Josh...good eye!

tomandshell said:
I couldn't stand to look at that empty space!

Yeah, you are getting good at that Tom... You could have photoshopped a Chuck Norrisbust in there and I probably wouldn't have caught it until I looked hard enough!! :rotfl

great pics tom!!! hey, have you had any problems with your anakin clone wars maquette lightsaber blade falling out?? mine slips out of the hilt every once in a while. its happened 3 times already.

hairlesswookiee said:
great pics tom!!! hey, have you had any problems with your anakin clone wars maquette lightsaber blade falling out?? mine slips out of the hilt every once in a while. its happened 3 times already.

No, my lightsaber is just fine on Anakin. Sorry to hear about yours, though! If you're having trouble keeping it up, try this.

DekeStarkiller said:
I am digging the CW maquette set up Tom. Just curious but how much did you pick up the Asajj for?

Thanks! When Asajj gets here it will be too crowded and I will have to move them to two separate shelves. (That will also free up some space for Obi-Wan and Padme... :rolleyes: )

As for Asajj: Paid in the upper range of the mid-200's. Mint and unopened. No cracked or broken lightsabers to worry about! Should be here on Tuesday.

:chew

carbo-fation said:
I like your set-up! Is that the exclusive Wol. vs. Sabertooth or just the regular?

That one's the exclusive. I go back and forth on which head to use. The unmasked head is in the drawer underneath it.

Man oh man Tom, I am really impressed with the PF setup. I am jealous of the Grievous, the cape really kicks it up a notch. I may try to track one down.

Back