Tom Hardy is Venom (2018)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How will this movie fare with fans?

• Total voters
Re: Venom Movie: Sony working on the Spin-Off

Watch them jump into this:

3552905-5466926433-Agent.jpg

With this:

Tony_Revolori_by_Gage_Skidmore.jpg

I'm surprised that Sony has actually set a release date. This film has basically been all talk and no action for years. I'm honestly not excited about it given that it's not going to be connected to Sony's franchise or the MCU, but I'm not against it either. This still doesn't mean that anything will actually become of it though. I'll believe it when I see production stills. :lol

I can hardly believe this is finally happening either, and I'll believe it when I see it, but Venom is one of my top 5 favorite Marvel characters so I'm really excited for this if it happens. Seeing them put an actual date on this does make me feel good though. I'd actually prefer this to not be connected to the MCU, as I'd like this movie to be quite dark and violent, much more violent than anything that the MCU has put on screen to date and I definitely want an R rating. I'd like to see Spider-Man in this too but I'd like to see him much older instead of the teenage thing yet again.

Excuse me? Ok so your gonna make a Spider-Man movie without Spider-Man centered around venom. Either that or have two spidermen which would confuse everyone.

Wow somebody put that hack avi arad in a home and get him away from Spider-Man. His stupid ideas are the reason why the asm movies sucked. Basically the man still wants to be in control, what a joke. Nobody is going to see a venom movie without freaking spidey. And sony is stupid for giving this old idiot the ok to do this . Why make a deal if you just wanna make ****** cash in spin offs.

The man who wrote asm2 is directing this. What a damn joke.

Yes. Venom is my favorite villain. He messes with Spider-Man and gets under his skin and haunts him. How can tell the story of how he came to be in a span of one movie? Unless you do some huge retcon and I mean huge retcon.

I've been waiting so long for this!!!!!!!!!!! I agree with darthkostis tho; hopefully they won't tie it into Homecoming and instead make it into it's own thing, like how Deadpool was.

I can hardly believe this is finally happening either, and I'll believe it when I see it, but Venom is one of my top 5 favorite Marvel characters so I'm really excited for this if it happens. Seeing them put an actual date on this does make me feel good though. I'd actually prefer this to not be connected to the MCU, as I'd like this movie to be quite dark and violent, much more violent than anything that the MCU has put on screen to date and I definitely want an R rating. I'd like to see Spider-Man in this too but I'd like to see him much older instead of the teenage thing yet again.

The Netflix shows are canon with the MCU and those have been more adult and featured some serious violence..

The Netflix shows are canon with the MCU and those have been more adult and featured some serious violence..

Yeah, but as far as I've heard they won't let those characters into any of the movies because of the violence. So its like the stuff that happens in the movies can be talked about on the shows, but the stuff that happens on the shows won't be mentioned in the movies. I heard Vincent D'Onofrio is really trying to push the studio to put the Kingpin in one of the Spider-Man movies though so maybe there will eventually be some hope there. But if Venom is able to do something similar to what the shows can I guess that could work out just fine, but if Venom gets an R rating I wouldn't expect to see him show up in any of the other MCU movies, or be mentioned for that matter.

Yeah, but as far as I've heard they won't let those characters into any of the movies because of the violence. So its like the stuff that happens in the movies can be talked about on the shows, but the stuff that happens on the shows won't be mentioned in the movies.

Very frustrating policy.

I heard Vincent D'Onofrio is really trying to push the studio to put the Kingpin in one of the Spider-Man movies though so maybe there will eventually be some hope there. But if Venom is able to do something similar to what the shows can I guess that could work out just fine, but if Venom gets an R rating I wouldn't expect to see him show up in any of the other MCU movies, or be mentioned for that matter.

If that's true hopefully D'Onofrio is successful at that. His Kingpin is fantastic.

I really hope that theory about Espinosa's Life turns out to be true. It'd be a bold move for SONY to set up Venom the way LGF did with Blair Witch last year via "The Woods".

Back