Tom Hardy is Venom (2018)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How will this movie fare with fans?

• Total voters
Re: Venom Movie: Sony working on the Spin-Off

I'd rather a Spider-Man 4, then a Venom spin-off.

Well the good news is you'll get both.

Yeah, Sony has confirmed that a Venom Spin-Off film is in Pre Production, of course Wonder Woman has been in Pre Production for the past three or four years with no film in sight so take it for what its worth.

I forgot this film was even in preproduction....

During a recent Word Balloon podcast (via: Digital Spy), comic book writer Brian Michael Bendis (who launched Ultimate Spider-Man) revealed that Sony Pictures offered him the chance to write the screenplay for a Spider-Man spin-off/tie-in project.While Bendis said that the film project is to be set “in the same universe” as the Spider-Man series, he did not say if it was the in-development Venom spin-off movie. But many comic book fans believe this to be the case.

Zombieland co-writers Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick have previously penned drafts of the Venom project, but as far as I can tell, that was before the reboot plans were revealed. Bendis claims that turning down the tie-in project may have hurt his chances of acting as script consultant on the upcoming Marc Webb-directed Spider-Man reboot.

The only way this could be cool is if they made it as Dark as possible... even Friday the 13th like!

I don't see how this character deserves his own movie. Not that interested in the idea.

There are some decent Venom books out there that don't involve Spidey, but after the crapfest that happened in SM3 I don't care to see/hear anything with Venom in it for a couple more years.

The only way this could be cool is if they made it as Dark as possible... even Friday the 13th like!

I forgot all about this as well, but I dont agree with the whole dark thing. I believe Venom as been a sort of anti hero before, and could be casted as one in this flick.

I don't see how this character deserves his own movie. Not that interested in the idea.

:cuckoo:

Venom ftw :yess:

as long as venom is not a skinny whinny annoying _____ like he was in spider man 3. a built cool actor needs to play him, not Topher Grace.venom needs to be scary, and he should be fighting carnage.

Last edited:

I feel they do need to make up for Spider-Man 3 but to give him his own movie is a fail.

I feel they do need to make up for Spider-Man 3 but to give him his own movie is a fail.

l think it could work. but again most people who make these kind of movies do not have a clue how to do it properly.

so who would you guys wanna see play Venom? I havent thought too hard about it, but what do you guys think about Thomas Jane? He has shown he can act in serious movies, action movies and comedies. Its gotta be at least someone with blonde hair.

Back