Tokyo Ghoul

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beyond Kaneki, which we're getting (hoping for a Kakuja version as well), I really want an Eto S.A.S. That'd be amazing.

Right!? My only gripe is the choice of kagune design. They chose the anime grilled beef kagune design, while I'm more partial to the centipede legs (not the kakuja tail) design that he showed off in his fight with Shachi. I'll try to find some way to find articulated spider legs or something, so I can swap them out. That'd be sweet.

Yeah, which is weird because to me, the face sculpt looks a little more like the manga than it does the anime. The difference is slight but...still. I'm sure the paint up will change all of that.

Didn't know you were a fan bio. Truly an amazing work of art Tokyo ghoul is. The way the first part of the manga ended .... I was at a loss for words.

Yeah, which is weird because to me, the face sculpt looks a little more like the manga than it does the anime. The difference is slight but...still. I'm sure the paint up will change all of that.

You're right. And Medicos does usually go for manga sculpts over anime - just look at Shinichi. (Parasyte)

Didn't know you were a fan bio. Truly an amazing work of art Tokyo ghoul is. The way the first part of the manga ended .... I was at a loss for words.

Yeah, I'm a closet anime/manga nut. I try not to go full otaku :lol TG is probably up pretty damn high in my top mangas of all time right now.

You're right. And Medicos does usually go for manga sculpts over anime - just look at Shinichi. (Parasyte)

Yeah I see that now. It seems like an interesting mix for Kaneki. Can't wait to see the final product.

Yea tg is defiantly up there with my all time favorites. Wish medicine would touch this masterpiece.

I should've never watched the show. If you never read the manga you'd think the series is pretty mediocre.

Debating getting that Koto Kaneki or wait for that articulated figure.

I should've never watched the show. If you never read the manga you'd think the series is pretty mediocre.

Debating getting that Koto Kaneki or wait for that articulated figure.

The Koto is not really that great, and the exclusive face is just a cheap way to sell a figure for extra bucks. But I guess you can do so if you really feel inclined to.

I'd say check out the Statue Legend Kaneki, and Super Action Statue Kaneki for sure.

Also yeah, the anime is garbage. The manga is great.

You can remove it, sculpt of the back isn't appealing without it but that works from the front.

Tsukiyama is up for PO. Looks good. Too bad no handkerchief smelling face :lol

image.jpeg

O I can't wait to see what they do with kaneki and the others this looks amazing.

Also i read the latest chapter and its so sad. kaneki is such a sad and tragic character and the writing in this manga is so good.

Apparently McFarlane is dabbling back into anime again. At the Toyfair, they announced that they're working on (I think) action figures of Kaneki Ken, Eren Yaeger and Naruto.

392857.jpg

But yeah, it's McFarlane. I haven't kept up, but I left them behind a long time ago because to me, it always seemed like they were reluctant/unwilling to go along with the times. Paint is usually good, but they're still the type of company to sell statues with two points of articulation and pretend they're figures.

And even when they do try to create figures, they're mad limited.

So nothing that will pry me away from the SAS, which is still definitely my most desired version of Kaneki. But who knows - maybe we'll be surprised. I don't really have my hopes set on that, though.

Anyone who has more recent experience with McFarlane able to give me a little heads-up on how they are doing with their articulated figures nowadays, though? I'd like see what to realistically expect from this.

They also have colored pics of suzayu and centipede kaneki. I'm on my phone sombody post em!

Something that boggles the mind is that there was only an unpainted prototype of Kaneki physically present, but if the picture behind him is any indication, he was already painted by Medicos. No idea why they wouldn't bring the painted Kaneki to Wonfes.

Kaneki with picture of him painted behind him. Boy does he look amazing:
neliels1454819834.jpeg

Juuzou:
neliels1454819901.jpeg

Juuzou's accessories:
Siona1454815842.jpeg

Statue Legend Kakuja Kaneki:
Siona1454810265.jpeg

Probably will be a pass. Statue Legend/Di Molto Bene stuff doesn't look nearly as good as Medicos's stuff when it comes to sculpt and painting, which is odd given that they're a subsidiary of Medicos, but whatever. The colours on Kaneki are boring and seem sloppy (while the SAS version looks great). Also, the kakuja tails just look way too boring and plastic for me.

Had they added an interchangeability gimmick with the Statue Legend where the head and tails could be popped off (and they were articulated) to be swapped with the SAS Kaneki (kinda like Max Factory/GSC does with FigFix), I would've bought it instantly, no matter the price, but since that's not the case, it's an easy pass. I love the Kakuja Kaneki design, and I doubt there will be a Super Action Statue Kakuja Kaneki, but this Statue Legend just does not appeal to me, especially not for the likely wallet-destroying price it will go for.

That's not even mentioning the QC errors Di Molto Bene has had for a while now. The Uta came out really sloppy.

Back