Toht 12-inch Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: TOHT 1/6th scale figure ?

We can only hope they annouce him today since everyone's jazzed about the 12-14 day notice...

Either that or last chance is Black-And-White day.

That'd be great if we saw him announced today... or really anyday soon! I just have one thing to say!!!

Toht!!! Toht!!! Toht!!!​

Good god, what did I ever do to SS to deserve this treatment! :slap

So once again, nothing...

OK, last chance for TOHT is Black-And-White Friday. If he doesn't show up then, he's not showing up at all.

BTW Sideshow, I know some people cancelling their Indy 1/6th this week.... they wouldn't have if Toht was announced today. They don't believe you are making a Toht. But I do...foolishly.

Yep, with Indy 12" coming soon, today was the day to announce a new Indy Fig...

At worst next week... And TOHT must have his coat hangar!

The next figure should be announced by the week Indy starts shipping.

I'm not sure how much one figure will impact cancellation decisions at this point, is the fact another figure is announced, no matter who, enough to sway people. Lately it seems like economics is the big cancellation cause, I think anyone truly interested in Indy that can afford him right now will keep their orders.

I don't know, I spoke with someone we both know and he's cancelling...although he said if Toht is announced tonight he'd keep Indy.

I think some people are losing interest in the line -- like LOTR -- because the pace is so slow and there's so few entries.

Toht could help make people keep both Indy and Belloq.

But yes, you're right, if someone doesn't have the money, they're going to cancel, it's just that simple.

Unfortunately, for those of us hoping to see these newborns get off to a good start, current economic climate and line pacing are huge factors in support for a line, product has to justify its cost and come out fast enough to get support. I feel the Indy line is priced reasonably, but it's at a point where it becomes passable, especially with a marvelous PF folks may rather get, and ya, the pace could shoot it in the foot. I'd say we need a figure announced each month for the next 3 months to get a healthy pace shown here.

I'd say we need a figure announced each month for the next 3 months to get a healthy pace shown here.

That's the aggravation. They've had over a year to get three more figures announced.

I'd love one a month for the next three months... but that is most unlikely.

Though I agree, we are well overdue for a new announcement in the Indy line, I honestly I don't see what the pace that they announce/release the figures has to do with people holding interest in the line and/or cancelling the figures already announced. I, for one, am grateful that they aren't pumping them out...between the Indy and Star Wars lines, my wallet can use the break.

That's the aggravation. They've had over a year to get three more figures announced.

I'd love one a month for the next three months... but that is most unlikely.

2 or 3 figures should have been ready at launch. . . . .

Though I agree, we are well overdue for a new announcement in the Indy line, I honestly I don't see what the pace that they announce/release the figures has to do with people holding interest in the line and/or cancelling the figures already announced. I, for one, am grateful that they aren't pumping them out...between the Indy and Star Wars lines, my wallet can use the break.

It's the same as the LotR's line. It's fustrating. I hope this line isn't "on hold" as well.

Even if I never see Toht, which would be a damn shame, I'll still enjoy the Indy figure.

I'm still hoping for the melty head...especially after the Brant hint.

But a poker would be a solid extra. As would be the RA Headpiece.

If Indy got two heads for a regular release, I would expect Toht to have the same. I was thinking the Ra hand would be a decent exclusive. The poker would be silly.

If Indy got two heads for a regular release, I would expect Toht to have the same. I was thinking the Ra hand would be a decent exclusive. The poker would be silly.

Well, Belloq didn't... but he did get that whole pedestal thing.

But yes, for TOHT it makes more sense since his melty face is something everyone remembers about "Raiders".

But yes, for TOHT it makes more sense since his melty face is something everyone remembers about "Raiders".

Not only that, but I'm sure in the effects and makeup industry, it's praised for being innovative in its time and all. SSC with it's love for that sort of stuff and the Dead line sure would want to do a portrait capturing that look, though such would require a sculpted neck, so the question becomes, Toht on a Pro with an adapter for sculpted necks, or on a Buck.

Not only that, but I'm sure in the effects and makeup industry, it's praised for being innovative in its time and all. SSC with it's love for that sort of stuff and the Dead line sure would want to do a portrait capturing that look, though such would require a sculpted neck, so the question becomes, Toht on a Pro with an adapter for sculpted necks, or on a Buck.

Yeah, IF they do Toht I think it's a slam-dunk for that extra head!

Evidence:

SS loves gory sculpts

Brant made comment about the Hasbro missing line figures

Several past figures have had extra heads, or severed heads as exclusives

Indy has a lot of extras + head ---- Belloq has a huge pedestal... so obviously they've set the bar for us to expect a lot with the TOHT Figure. Trick hanger, poker, Ra medallion; it's just not enough.

If anything the Headpiece w/ chain should come with a Raven Bar Marion figure.

As already pointed out the extra Toht head is a no-brainer and the burned hand is a VERY good idea that I never thought of. He also had a P-38 handgun and a doctors sort of leather carrying case with the coat hanger in it so I think that would be a great extra. It would be cool if they could also create some of the melted face to stick onto the jacket as well that could easily be removed. The melted head without anything on the jacket would just look too clean, IMO.

I'm still a bit perplexed why Belloq comes with the pedestal since he never set foot in the Temple. It's like Hasbro putting sunlgasses on the Mutt figures or had his 12" without a jacket when he never wears glasses or is seen w/o his jacket in the film. It just baffles me how they market these things. Almost like no actual thought of the characters/costumes and their place in the films are even given any consideration.

Belloq should have come with the goggles he wore as well as the scarf he wore at Tanis or perhaps another tie since he wore more than one in the film, or even a completely different outfit, sush as the Ceremonial Robes or even the jungle outfit. Hell, the jungle outfit would have made more sense with the pedestal. Another cool thing for Belloq would be the bottle he and Marion were drinking from in the tent.

Back