Today is the day, Freaks. Grey Hulk PFF! Git Yer order In!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, it looks like the Con price was wrong...

Sideshow said:

Thank you for recently visiting our booth at the San Diego Comic-Con. While we were processing your pre-order that you placed with us, we noticed that one of your items was Marvel Grey Hulk Premium Format figure.
This item was not authorized to be pre-ordered at the show because the edition size as well as the pricing was not set. Our sales representative not only booked this item in error but booked it at the incorrect price.
At this time we would like to honor your show pre-order for this now SOLD OUT item, but can not do so at the incorrect price of $324.99. The correct price is $424.99. If you are interested in keeping your pre-order with us, please let me know via a return response to this e-mail by August 9, 2006.
If we do not hear back from you by August 4, we will assume that you are not interested in keeping this pre-order and will cancel it from our system.
We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused for you and look forward to assisting you further in this matter.

Bummer!

I am a little annoyed about the "item was not authorized to be pre-ordered" because we were told (and confirmed by Sideshow) that anything previewing at the Con could be pre-ordered! The Grey Hulk preview went up during the time of the Con, so it should qualify for pre-order. I am just happy they are honoring the pre-orders, especially since this email arrived after the PPO took place!

that reads odd.
You should respond by Aug.9 but if they dont hear back by Aug.4 you lose it? :confused:

.. so are you keeping it Lonnie?

occulum said:
that reads odd.
You should respond by Aug.9 but if they dont hear back by Aug.4 you lose it? :confused:

Heck yes! I will probably rotate the display of the green and grey every so often...

I thought that was worded oddly also.

occulum said:
that reads odd.
You should respond by Aug.9 but if they dont hear back by Aug.4 you lose it?
:confused:

Say wha ..... ? :confused:

lcummins said:
...we were told (and confirmed by Sideshow) that anything previewing at the Con could be pre-ordered! The Grey Hulk preview went up during the time of the Con, so it should qualify for pre-order...

Well technically "at" and "during" aren't necessarily the same thing. :)

Just messin' with ya... It's a bummer, but I agree it's cool that they are at least honoring the orders. Still, I woudn't be surprised to see some waitlist orders processed as a result of folks declining this offer.

They should just increase the edition size due to the item being oversold at SDCC.

It worked with Dr. Doom!!

:D

(I can hear the screams from the flippers and scalpers already...)

Yes, definately a little "scary".
I am glad they are honoring the Con pre orders, but it would be nice to honor the price as well.
As far as the collectability goes for extremely low SE ediditon nubers, I for one am all for it. I used to collect comics and Star Wars figures, and loved to get key issue comics, as well as factory error production star wars figs. They helped make my collection stand out. Now that I primarily collect Sideshow, I appreciate the opportunity to get some really small production nubers. I did not get the VS grey, as it was not announced properly in my opinion, but I did not whine too much about it. I was @ con, so did have the fourthought to ask about a possible exclusive for the PF Hulk. I was rewarded with the chance to preorder one, and will pay the extra 100 if needed. I am really happy that they did this so soon after the VS grey, I think in an attempt to console some of us. It is great to get a representation in this large scale of the Hulk as he first appeared in the comics.
Best,

tomandshell said:
They should just increase the edition size due to the item being oversold at SDCC.
Done!!

ES=179

A NOTE ON EDITION SIZE
During the pre-ordering for this item, the heavy load on the servers momentarily disabled our inventory counter. This in turn caused a slight overselling of this item. In order to honor the pre-orders of those collectors who fairly participated, we have decided to slightly increase the edition size of this item. The edition size of the Exclusive Hulk will be increased from 150-piece edition to a 179-piece edition size.

We apologize in advance to those currently participating in this edition, some of which may disagree with our decision to slightly increase the edition size. We will completely understand if any of those collectors decide to cancel their Exclusive Hulk pre-orders.

occulum said:
Done!!

ES=179

A NOTE ON EDITION SIZE
During the pre-ordering for this item, the heavy load on the servers momentarily disabled our inventory counter. This in turn caused a slight overselling of this item. In order to honor the pre-orders of those collectors who fairly participated, we have decided to slightly increase the edition size of this item. The edition size of the Exclusive Hulk will be increased from 150-piece edition to a 179-piece edition size.

We apologize in advance to those currently participating in this edition, some of which may disagree with our decision to slightly increase the edition size. We will completely understand if any of those collectors decide to cancel their Exclusive Hulk pre-orders.

I dont care..still want him....But why not make 180.

occulum said:
We will completely understand if any of those collectors decide to cancel their Exclusive Hulk pre-orders.[/I]

HAHAHA...:lol :lol :lol :lol Like this is going to happens....But seriously, I think more people will flip it now....

Shai Hulud said:
I dont care..still want him....
I would certainly hope so. It would be idiotic to cancel that spectacular and still *incredibly* limited piece over a small spike in the ES. I imagine that the people who get numbers 151-179 will be *highly* grateful to SS for this maneuver. :lol

Thats still not a lot though.
First thing I always think of is I imagine if they were all sold in the US. That would be about 3.5 per state. And since theyre sold world wide, its spread MUCH thinner that that even.

.. I say up the ES to 2000 and cut the price in half :D

I have to admit I didn't expect the increase ES. Looks like SS is still plagued with low ES hiccups. I think we should name it THE GREY CURSE. :rotfl :rotfl

Sideshow Andy said:
Well technically "at" and "during" aren't necessarily the same thing. :)

Just messin' with ya... It's a bummer, but I agree it's cool that they are at least honoring the orders. Still, I woudn't be surprised to see some waitlist orders processed as a result of folks declining this offer.

Well you do have a point! The Grey Hulk wasn't on display at the con...

...but it was listed on the pre-printed price/sales sheet that the Sideshow employees were using to take pre-orders, so... :monkey3

occulum said:
Done!!

ES=179

A NOTE ON EDITION SIZE

I thought you were joking at first and went and looked at the product page! Now that is a truly odd edition size... wonder if there were 29 pre-orders at the Con... :monkey3

Back