To all Brits. Is the weak pound stopping you from buy from Sideshow direct ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The problem with play is that they will state that you can get something from them but they might never get the item in stock.

wow, i never knew that was the case with play! thanks for the heads up. i did suspect.

i just paid £120 more for some jewellery from japan because the credit card company over there decided to charge my debit card 2 months after i made the purchase. and obviously in that time, the pound has fallen about 30 yen. i'm pretty frikking furious. especially as it probably could have been avoided. at the time i didn't want to do a bank transfer because admin charges were at £25. who'd have known this would happen. :banghead:banghead:banghead

I know what you mean, the price I was going to pay for Machiko has really jumped, but I don't want to cancel my pre-order as I used points on her to knock money off. Definetly wont be ordering as much until the economy sorts itself ok. Was glad I paid for all my Dark Knight stuff well in advance of it shipping to secure the good rate.

I know what you mean, the price I was going to pay for Machiko has really jumped, but I don't want to cancel my pre-order as I used points on her to knock money off. Definetly wont be ordering as much until the economy sorts itself ok. Was glad I paid for all my Dark Knight stuff well in advance of it shipping to secure the good rate.

too right! i would have been screwed if i'd waited for all the DK stuff and Iron Man stuff. As such, I still haven't been able to order edward scissorhands. don't think i've seen a single UK retailer listing it.

I've not been looking, but I haven't seen it either.

Made sure when I was getting TDK I found places that would let me pay upfront just in case the pound took a nosedive. Looks like I made a pretty good bet

The problem with play is that they will state that you can get something from them but they might never get the item in stock.

Yep same with Forbidden planet. They led me to believe they could get me the P2 elder predator by erm..having it up for preorder. To this day they still 'have me on their list'...don't think they'll be able to get it somehow. Doubt they're still trying. They didn't charge me for it but...I wanted that figure.

And forbiddenplanet , thats what puts me off of ordering from them unless the item(s) I'm looking at are in stock. :monkey4:monkey1

I have had more joy with Forbiddenplanet.com than Forbiddenplanet.co.uk (two totally different companies ) .com are affiliated with the London store

I live very near .co.uk's warehouse and can collect from them to save on postage. But they have let me down of late.

I have had more joy with Forbiddenplanet.com than Forbiddenplanet.co.uk (two totally different companies ) .com are affiliated with the London store

I live very near .co.uk's warehouse and can collect from them to save on postage. But they have let me down of late.

that's interesting - it's been the other way around for me. the com one hasn't come through for me a number of times. but hopefully the orders i've placed with them come through as they're all sideshow preorders (which shouldn't be too hard to get).

I'm glad that I placed my Cinemaquette Predator Preorder with fp.co.uk when I did. After rebates etc. and the exchange rate it currently works out at around 1.1k US$ for me. :peace

I ordered the Hot Toys Tumbler off Ebay back in June...paid 240.00 all in. Now nearing December i cant believe the price has gone up nearly 100.00! Whats worse Play and FP have it listed as 499.00!!! CRAZY. Of course my ongoing worry is that i'll never see it because A) I get screwed over by the seller or B) Hot Toys may cancel production due to the economic climate. However going back to the point, despite all the inherent risks buying off Ebay, you do still get the best deals compared to SS and other similar etailers.

I ordered the Hot Toys Tumbler off Ebay back in June...paid 240.00 all in. Now nearing December i cant believe the price has gone up nearly 100.00! Whats worse Play and FP have it listed as 499.00!!! CRAZY. Of course my ongoing worry is that i'll never see it because A) I get screwed over by the seller or B) Hot Toys may cancel production due to the economic climate. However going back to the point, despite all the inherent risks buying off Ebay, you do still get the best deals compared to SS and other similar etailers.

i'm in the same boat - worried about whether my prepaid ebay tumbler will ever make it over here!

as for the forbiddenplanet.com vs .co.uk debate, i emailed forbiddenplanet.com with concerns about whether my PREORDERS would be fulfilled. their response was this:

"Thank you for your email. All your items are pre order items that you have ordered. We will fulfill as many of our orders as possible. We cannot confirm how many we will be receiving from the suppliers as from the numbers we request what we receive varies. At this point I cannot provide you with a firm answer. We do fulfill most of our orders that are placed early enough. This is the reason why we have a pre ordering system as it allows customers to reserve items early and guarantee them the figure.
I hope this explains a little about our pre ordering system."

is anyone else confused? what the ^^^^^king crap is this? i preordered so they can't guarantee. but if i'd preordered they could guarantee. uuuuhhh.... maybe i'm missing the 100% guaranteed preorder button on the page and instead am pressing the "treat me like a gob^^^^e" preorder button.

Back