TMNT (teenage mutant ninja turtles)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I replaced them with the revoltechs but decided to sell those too haha. I have two sets of NECA on display for now. Made room for new NECA and mondo

well if you don't mind which version of turtles as long as they are better, than sure Neca are good.

but for me i only want Classic Turtles, or original movie version but i prefer Original Cartoon, but still no company managed to capture the signature turtles.

ninjaturtles.jpg

and believe it or not the best figure i have is Charapin earphone plug from some Japanese company.

Think currently they are the best you can get for Classic Turtles.

The Bandai ones, looks higher quality & more accessories, but you can get 4 Classics for the price of 1 Bandai...

You gotta pay for that Japanese quality bruh.

Yeah true, so far, I use to have the originals when they came out in the late 80's - early 90's when I was a kid but gave them away later on so I needed something to replace them.

That Japanese quality is so mint! As much as I am gonna dread the price for all 4 Turtles, that's Play Arts Kai / Hot Toys money pricing but would be awesome

I like how you managed to get all 4 without them price tags, and even more impressed that all 4 Cards are in pristine condition.

Mine came with price tags which i ended up ripping bits of the card off while removing them. And they all had creases around the corners. But at least their paint job is alright. Worse part is the Belt tags some look like they just came out from an oven.

Now that you mentioned it, I didn't even notice about the price tags :lol I just took the best looking paint job figures, all good, as long as the paint job on the Turtles are good.

I replaced them with the revoltechs but decided to sell those too haha. I have two sets of NECA on display for now. Made room for new NECA and mondo

The NECA ones look cool though, original comic book style and all with red bandanna but their tails kinda put me off :lol

well if you don't mind which version of turtles as long as they are better, than sure Neca are good.

but for me i only want Classic Turtles, or original movie version but i prefer Original Cartoon, but still no company managed to capture the signature turtles.

ninjaturtles.jpg

and believe it or not the best figure i have is Charapin earphone plug from some Japanese company.

item_0000011291_BriJm3yd_09.jpg

Start saving and pay up :lol (Tamashii is Close enough)

I too was thinking about the re-release of the Original Movie Version but still preferred the Cartoon Version.

item_0000011291_BriJm3yd_09.jpg

Start saving and pay up :lol (Tamashii is Close enough)

I too was thinking about the re-release of the Original Movie Version but still preferred the Cartoon Version.

to be honest, The Bandai version is just another Updated version of Mattel, still far from close to the cartoon turtles. Charapin has the closest cartoon turtles but it's only half body.

Bandai Turtles selling for $85 each, for $100 you can get a decent 1/6 figures but not turtles since there aren't any 1/6 Turtles.

Then what scale are the Mondo turtles? And how much do they cost? [emoji6]

The Bandai turtles aren't cheap by any means but I think they are the best action figures of the classic 80's toons that has hit the market. I'm all in with them.

Yeah they still have yet to make accurate editions of toon turtles. Ill hold out as someone will do it (neca?). Does anyone else still have the 1988 TMNT figs? I adored those even though they aren't show- accurate.

Then what scale are the Mondo turtles? And how much do they cost? [emoji6]

The Bandai turtles aren't cheap by any means but I think they are the best action figures of the classic 80's toons that has hit the market. I'm all in with them.

are we talking about Cartoon Classic Turtles? or just any turtles?

Yeah they still have yet to make accurate editions of toon turtles. Ill hold out as someone will do it (neca?). Does anyone else still have the 1988 TMNT figs? I adored those even though they aren't show- accurate.

The vintage Turtles has been re-release many times over the decades. Latest one is targeted for Japanese Market which was maybe 2 years ago with the Party Van, 4 Turtles, Shreddar & Splinter. Though they say the original 1st run came with rubber heads & matte finishing. they look better but not sure how they have held over time.

The vintage Turtles has been re-release many times over the decades. Latest one is targeted for Japanese Market which was maybe 2 years ago with the Party Van, 4 Turtles, Shreddar & Splinter. Though they say the original 1st run came with rubber heads & matte finishing. they look better but not sure how they have held over time.

Dunno, mine seems to have held up just fine. Some of my figures have developed stickiness in areas, but the original figures are fine. And yes, this is a rubber head version.
30aabd541e5f01a438df993415d6796c.jpg

That Leo looks pretty good. I've noticed that the plastic degradation in those rub er head figs has gotten very tacky compared to the others. Not sure if they changed the compounds in the plastic after those or what. Those are still my favorite TMNT toys of all. The packaging is amazing

That Leo looks pretty good. I've noticed that the plastic degradation in those rub er head figs has gotten very tacky compared to the others. Not sure if they changed the compounds in the plastic after those or what. Those are still my favorite TMNT toys of all. The packaging is amazing

It was definitely a first batch, or at least one of the first batches. When I bought Leo, there was still only the basic 10 figure assortment.

to be honest, The Bandai version is just another Updated version of Mattel, still far from close to the cartoon turtles. Charapin has the closest cartoon turtles but it's only half body.

Yeah true, I know what you mean.

Guess will have to wait it out until a company does the Cartoon Turtles.

30aabd541e5f01a438df993415d6796c.jpg

Man. I haven't held one of those since I was 5 or 6. The veins in Leo's arms takes me back. Feeling the nostalgia big time.

I was just thinking that exact same thing, big time nostalgia.

Same here man, I would be getting those when they come out.

Yeah one of my first action figures was the 1988 Donatello 10-back. It will forever be my absolute favorite toy. I remember bits and pieces of that initla apprasial of the fig. I just lived the box are and all the accessories that came with it.

I still have the soft head Raphael in mint condition.

Back