TMNT (teenage mutant ninja turtles)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh man I remember those figures. I forgot my Turtles at the playground when I was about 7 and I've always regretted it. :(

Yeah one of my first action figures was the 1988 Donatello 10-back. It will forever be my absolute favorite toy. I remember bits and pieces of that initla apprasial of the fig. I just lived the box are and all the accessories that came with it.

I still have the soft head Raphael in mint condition.

Rocksteady was my first ever figure, and I went back the next day to get Don. Bought them both at a place called Kiddie City, which has been out of business since maybe 1992.

This is my collection.
Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-Action-Figures-e1328553579699.jpg

So awesome. I even remember struggling to get their belts back on as a kid. Trip down memory lane!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the belt was tight but never had problems with it, just use your finger tips to press the buckle back.

my problem is Mike's Weapon, you can't bend it like a Nunchuck without stressing the rubber, and putting it in his holster is a pain and you risk breaking the thing.

No one started a thread on the Herocross TMNT figures? I only stumbled across them looking at BBTS last night since they were at the top of the page. I thought I was finished with TMNT figures but I might have to get a Herocross Don.

No one started a thread on the Herocross TMNT figures? I only stumbled across them looking at BBTS last night since they were at the top of the page. I thought I was finished with TMNT figures but I might have to get a Herocross Don.

They were mentioned a couple of pages back.

There's another poster that is convinced that the Herocross TMNT figs are supposed to be representations of the turtles as children.

I am still searching for a NECA 1/4 Donatello in Europe for a decent price. Not willing to pay 300. Can anybody help?

If you find one on eBay, but the guy won't ship to Europe, let me know and I'll get it for you and send it to you at cost. My eBay tag is mutant-man, I've been a member since 1999, and is be happy to help out. Or, check the technodrome forums and ask there. Plenty of reputable sellers.

Is $300 actually the current going rate, or is that just what you're seeing for options in Europe?

There's another poster that is convinced that the Herocross TMNT figs are supposed to be representations of the turtles as children.

yes, i don't get why you folks are so fixated that it's a super deformed instead of baby turtles.

LOL. You are killing me fam. You are definitely in the minority in that train on thought. Even reputable websites are making note of their stylized big heads.

It's all good though. We can percieve them any way we want to. That's the beauty of fandom.

I'm sort of a ballbreaker when it comes to this kind of thing. I hope I don't upset anyone here, we're all fans at the end of the day and should celebrate our common interests.

That being said...I emailed Herocross and asked:

I was wondering if you could settle a debate between myself and a friend. As you know the turtles proportions are a bit off from what we are used to for example the larger heads. Is this a Herocross specific stylization or are the turtles supposed to be their younger selves (turtles as children?)

And their answer:

First of all, thank you so much for your support!
And of course! HEROCROSS's Hybrid Metal Figuration Line (HMF) is specifically designed in a 'deformed' manner. You can see this is consistent with all our figures, it's essentially our 'trademark style' for the HMF series.

In short, yes it's a specific stylization. Did you or your friend win this debate then?

Hope this helps!

HEROCROSS

Back