TMNT (teenage mutant ninja turtles)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They're like Nendoroids.

yes, exactly! just like Omaru Nendoroid, it might be a Nendoroid, but it's actually not stylized but a realistic depiction of her in the show, just like Zelda Wind Waker Link Nendoroid, it's not a Super Deformed depiction of Link.

So I guess this is Boba Fett as a child then? ...
85353cb10eee3a88ca9176766c398215.jpg

well, it's out of proportion for a normal human child/baby, Turtles aren't human, but Mutant Turtles, so it explains why the proportion can be off.

I'm sort of a ballbreaker when it comes to this kind of thing. I hope I don't upset anyone here, we're all fans at the end of the day and should celebrate our common interests.

That being said...I emailed Herocross and asked:

I was wondering if you could settle a debate between myself and a friend. As you know the turtles proportions are a bit off from what we are used to for example the larger heads. Is this a Herocross specific stylization or are the turtles supposed to be their younger selves (turtles as children?)

And their answer:

First of all, thank you so much for your support!
And of course! HEROCROSS's Hybrid Metal Figuration Line (HMF) is specifically designed in a 'deformed' manner. You can see this is consistent with all our figures, it's essentially our 'trademark style' for the HMF series.

In short, yes it's a specific stylization. Did you or your friend win this debate then?

Hope this helps!

HEROCROSS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yea, same reply Goodsmile would give you when you ask whether their Omaru & Wind Waker Link is stylized or not. i'm pretty sure it's a stylized version of a non-stylized character.

.....but you do realize that the Herocross turtles aren't "realistic depictions" of baby turtles, right? I asked specifically if they were meant to be their younger selves. They said no.

I'm not quite understanding what you are trying to tell me about what the representative at Herocross said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone have the original party wagon? I need to pick one up soon

I have the original, and the rerelease from 09 or whenever that was. Box is identical aside from a 25th Anniversary logo and some of the fine print, which isn't visible anyway.
4a36196e151642647e4648cc0dfb3f82.jpg

Man, those undercover turtles weren't cheap haha. Nice collection my shellhead friend! I need to find one of those party wagons. I saw the 2013 version goes for like $80. What's a good price for the 1988 original?

If anyone is interested in the Herocross TMNT figures you might want to consider to order directly from Herocross website because the first 100 preorders will receive small TMNT skateboards to go with the figures.

Anyone keep up with the retro line? Toys r us released a batch this weekend, I bought Leo football, michaleangelo skateboarder and she'll Donatello but Raphael I saw was just a regular version with bright red cloths, krang and foot soldier are out and about... Anyone else seen anything different? I'm looking for Raphael or alternate version of those figs...

cddd4a7daccabf9a594c52fb0eb9b77b.jpg

d5fe6c5220c153b92202e911fffa22cf.jpg

1be981c9d4175d6de56897d28b030c1c.jpg

18494ebad34fa44a8d9b2af850a5ace6.jpg

Sent from Le iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk - now Free

yea, no news at all, i assume Bebop, Rockstead, Krang on bipod & footsoldiers aren't out yet? or sold out?

Bebop, rockstedy, Krang and Footsoldiers were released during the last two years, Kran and footsoldier are out with this wave, but what strikes me odd is that I was expecting baseball raphael, but the only retro figure this line so far is just regular raphael... I wonder is there another wave. I kept a look out for the party wagon, or anything retro playset related but nothing so far. What sucks is that I haven't seen any catalogues of what comes out so for all we know is just small or they sell out easily.

Bebop, rockstedy, Krang and Footsoldiers were released during the last two years, Kran and footsoldier are out with this wave, but what strikes me odd is that I was expecting baseball raphael, but the only retro figure this line so far is just regular raphael... I wonder is there another wave. I kept a look out for the party wagon, or anything retro playset related but nothing so far. What sucks is that I haven't seen any catalogues of what comes out so for all we know is just small or they sell out easily.

didn'y know Bebop, Rocksteady, Krang & Footy has been out, i guess it's USA only, as i bought the 1st lineup Party Wagon, 4 turtles, shreddar & splinter, minus the 2 mechs, and it was widely available outside USA.

Back