TMNT (teenage mutant ninja turtles)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like they have pretty good articulation. maybe I missed it but does the 1st ninja turtle have any articulation?

Dude, if you bought that, you'd actually handle it enough to find out? I'd have it locked away in a case! :lol

IMG_1129__scaled_800.jpg

I'm guessing they're using the NECA mold on this one. So is playmates the one who stopped NECA from using the tmnt license?

Yeah, they stopped the comic shredder figure going into production.

I really like these designs! Ralph will always be my favorite and I'm glad he's the most muscled turtle. And yes, they all are muscular but they are still all slightly different body types. Don is the smallest, then Mike, Leo and Ralph. And turtles don't have huge heads, what did you want? Skinny, big-headed, beaked turtles? I actually like the beak look but it wouldn't look right on screen even if it was a different, alternative approach. I'd rather they be built and bad-a$$. Those statues rule btw.

Some species of turtle have giant heads....

It's my assumption that they only did this one as this was the first turtle drawn by Kevin Eastman. Since Michelangelo was the first drawn before laird began designing (laird gave them the more classic two toed look), I'm betting this is the only one like this. Cannot wait to own this.

I'm kinda confused. So are they releasing this "first" turtle for sale?

Last edited:
Alright gentleman and ladies ( if any are in here) brace yourselves.

From Prime 1 studios
atyza6ad.jpg

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

Whoa seriously, I thought it was big and would be expensive, but not that expensive.
It might be depending on the final base (if it changes from the clear oval/circle)
Depends on there sizes. But there transformers stuffs goes for $$$$
Its also cause their Transformer stuff weighs as much as a seven year old kid and is almost half the size of a 17 year old. Also complexity of mould, individual parts, etc.

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

Well, i hope it's not going to be around that price. Wishful thinking. I really want that ralph. But if prices are Up. I'll justenjoy seeing it on pictures then

Why would it be any cheaper? You can see right in that picture the Transformers stuff they did right behind Raph. He is the same size if not larger (more bulk). He is also hunching down a bit compared to them and if they put him on a proper base he'll be taller. The paint on this will also be way harder to do than making a Transformer simply look somewhat metallic. I would bet between that and another year of inflation, this will cost more than their previous Transformers.

Back