TMNT Donatello Comiquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks...i wish i would have started earlier so i could have gone with the exclusives, but the regulars are still pretty badass. :)

No problem at all. Go to AC MOORE (or Michaels Arts & Crafts) get some purple acrylic paint and give Donny a new bandanna...if you want colored bandannas.

Do you have EX Mikey & Leo on order?

meh...don't care enough about the kiddie colors to spend the extra dough...like i said, if i would have jumped in at the get go i probably would have gone with them, but not at the prices they are going for now

No problem at all. Go to AC MOORE (or Michaels Arts & Crafts) get some purple acrylic paint and give Donny a new bandanna...if you want colored bandannas.

Do you have EX Mikey & Leo on order?

no...i'm going with all regualars and my painting skills definitely aren't worthy of touching these! :lol

Hey guys, I'm new here with only one question, How do i fix this lol? I got it from a seller on eBay. He offer a refund but I decided to keep it knowing how hard it is to find now. the top and bottom is not spaced out. i just lifted it up a lilttle so you guys can see the break.

picture.php

Last edited:
Finally got a Don after months of searching, trying to win Ebay auctions. And, of course since it's me, this is what I get:

dond.jpg

I had just been trying to deal with this from a Leo EX:

3before.jpg

I'm really unlucky, or Sideshow's QC is really spotty. Either way, I'm starting to really rethink buying anything else of theirs. They've got nice stuff, but their Chinese factory trashes it. It's a shame. I couldn't imagine paying for one of their more expensive items, only to get this sort of slop. I'm really disappointed with the quality of the stuff I'm seeing in hand from them.

Last edited:
They don't look too bad in the pictures. How are they in real life?

The picture on Leo is better than it was in person. I had to repaint that part of the leg, as that was yellow shell paint that dripped onto the leg. The factory only needed to wipe it off and have the guy that airbrushes the muscle shadowing patch it. Instead, they half-a$$ wiped it and smeared the paint on the leg.

The flash really brings out the textural slop on Don's arm. The more visible problem is the discoloration of the darker green paint that ran down and around from that area. It isn't quite as bad as it appears in the photo, but still very noticeable at the profile and frustrating considered I had to pay secondary market prices to get him, only to open him up and find typical poor craftsmanship issues. Half the stuff I've bought made from Sideshow exhibits this sort of defect. I can live with little paint issues here and there. These should never have left the factory.

If not being finished with SSC altogether, I'm done buying sold out stuff. If I can't return it to Sideshow, I'm not buying it. It's ridiculous to have "high-end" stuff exhibit the same issues on cheap crap you'd find at Dollar General. Their artists put a lot of work and talent into making the sculpts, and pass those off to the factory. But, when it gets to us, it's clear it was made with the care of grossly underpaid overseas labor. At hundreds of dollars a pop, they should be better than this. Minus the defects, these are great pieces that I would be thrilled with. But careless errors that end up in our hands should not be easily dismissed as the "unique quality that is the trademark of a hand crafted Sideshow piece".

Last edited:
Back