TMNT 25th anni. figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just found Splinter, April, Rocksteady and Bebop at TRU. I couldn't resist, I could never find RS and BB back in the day...

I have no idea why, but I have ALL the original figures from 1990 -- they've been tucked away in a large box I've been carrying around since then. Figured they might be worth something someday when all those TMNT kids grew up.

These toys bring back my childhood memories...*sigh* nostalgia. Used to have them, never managed to get the Shredder.

Was on my way to Target to look for nail polish remover when I decided to stop by TRU and found them. Im ok with just having Leo & Raph, so if anybody wants these, shoot me a pm

a0f35e07df1d2680f4a775125467a7b70c0be06.jpg

That is just. . .stupid :lol

I know....I dont get it. :confused:

Also turtle related - best NYCC moment - Peter Laird drew a turtle for me. FOR FREE!!!! :rock
I am not often impressed by meeting famous people, celebrities, etc. but I spent a significant amount of time re-drawing his comic turtles as a kid and I was totally blown away that he did a sketch for me. I think I shook his hand twice and had no idea what was coming out of my mouth the entire time. :eek::lol

I was in Target today and found Bebop, Rocksteady, Splinter, and April. So I went ahead and got those. Thinking about the day I gave away all my old toys still makes me sad cause I used to have almost all of the earlier TMNT toys. :(

I saw the turtles at target and couldnt bring myself to purchase them(especially for 8.99)..the sculpts are horrid! I had these as a kid too, but the turtles neca line just has me too spoiled...

Well they fought robots. And I think mutant turtles are close enough to aliens to pass.

I saw the turtles at target and couldnt bring myself to purchase them(especially for 8.99)..the sculpts are horrid! I had these as a kid too, but the turtles neca line just has me too spoiled...

If ya didn't know, BBTS has the next set (finally) of Shredder, April, Foot Ninja, and Foot Soldier up for preorder, for a 2nd Quarter release.

Does the original 80's release of the Shredder includes a little Krang figure? Because on the back of the 25th card it looks like a little Krang comes with Shredder.

it's not Krang. It's a Utrom . from Wiki
Krang's physical appearance was inspired by the Utroms from the original TMNT comic book and in the 2003 animated series there is an Utrom named Krang. However, in the 1987 cartoon, Krang is not an Utrom. There are several important differences:

• The Utroms come from another planet in the Milky Way galaxy, while in the 1987 cartoon Krang comes from Dimension X.
  • The Utroms are naturally brain-like aliens, while in the first animated series Krang is an alien who has been stripped of his body and left with only his brain.
  • Krang never refers to himself as an Utrom, nor does anyone else, in the 1987 version.
In the 1987 animated series, Krang's natural physical shape is not brain-like, and when he cloned himself in Invasion of the Krangezoids, his clones, though initially brain-creatures like himself, continued developing until they had complete bodies, leading to the thought that Krang's true form is a large reptilian creature. However, in yet another episode (Four Musketurtles), members of Krang's species appeared in a flashback looking just like him without the body, using bubble-walkers like his own to move. This is considered a mistake of the series, and has been contradicted many times on the show.
The Utroms were not in any way part of the 1987 cartoon, in which Krang appeared. Nevertheless, Krang made a comedic cameo appearance in the 2003 TMNT series as an Utrom in the episode, "Secret Origins Part 3". As the Utroms are walking to the transmat to go home one of them complains, "I hate walking on my tentacles". Then, another Utrom replies "Oh, shut up, Krang!"

It COULD be Krang, but techninly it's just an Utrom.

Still, it's awesome that Shredder comes with it.
As a Kid i hadd ALL the playmates turtles, but for me now, Neca > Playmates. So happy they actualy did put out wave 2. Now the long ait for wave 3, and the Neca Splinter.

Back