TMNT 25th anni. figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah, I see they are the comic based ones. Never read the comics so I gotta go with the cartoon ones for nostalgia.

They also made a black and white version from the early years. Haven't pick those up yet.
tmnt2.jpg

Ah wow, i still remember getting home from school to find Donatello and Raphael waiting for me as a birthday present. I even remember having to snap the weapons from the square thing they are attached to! I wonder if i can get these in the UK. :D

Okay, so which ones are these exactly? They sure as hell aren't the ones from the first post, they look much better. I still prefer the NECA comic Turtles, but these look really cool too.

EDIT: Figured it out, these are the 25th Annniversay re-designs.

i picked all four of the 25th versions up the other day. my son is digging them..and the dvds that come with them. i still need to pick up the neca versions. they look great.

Neca's TMNT are imo the companies best work. Sculpt and paint? real accessories? poseability and fun? fresh and unique idea in a sea of horror figure remakes?. CHECK! x 4. If you're a turtle fan or like nice figures grab em. If you want the base and you do, don't buy the tube packs(not included in those). A mouser pack was released at last years sdcc. Wave 2 should have been out already and that includes Shredder with Crang, 2 Foot Soldiers and April. I heard it's legal ^^^^ causing delay, i'm hoping the suits havn't killed the line. I would have loved to also get Splinter, Casey and Doc Stockman out of it. Oh well at least we got a set of the cooler better turtles. I say if your on the fence pass on the playmates and go with NECA.

Neca's TMNT are imo the companies best work. Sculpt and paint? real accessories? poseability and fun? fresh and unique idea in a sea of horror figure remakes?. CHECK! x 4. If you're a turtle fan or like nice figures grab em. If you want the base and you do, don't buy the tube packs(not included in those). A mouser pack was released at last years sdcc. Wave 2 should have been out already and that includes Shredder with Crang, 2 Foot Soldiers and April. I heard it's legal ^^^^ causing delay, i'm hoping the suits havn't killed the line. I would have loved to also get Splinter, Casey and Doc Stockman out of it. Oh well at least we got a set of the cooler better turtles. I say if your on the fence pass on the playmates and go with NECA.
Deja Vu....

Have the NECA set on my Windowsill. Absolutely love them and the funny thing is in a room full of Mixed Media statues and Hot Toys I get more comments about the TMNT than anything else when people come over.

Neca versions blow the Playmates away. Nothing beats the original as the creator intended image of something.

Those who didn't grow up with the cartoon and the original Playmates toys, probably won't get it. Nostalgia > someone's opinion.

What's going on with the NECA line anyway? Is it going to be another Ghostbusters? The single packed b&w set that was to be released is delayed and no news about Shredder, the Foot, and everyone else who was prototyped. I'll get into these when NECA commits. I like the aesthetics of both the original 80s line and the new comic based ones, equally but for different reasons.

Well I broke down and bought these today. I hope you're all happy.

And as Amanaman points out, I bought these solely because of the nostalgia and being a fan of the cartoon. The NECA ones look nice, but those aren't what I think of when I think of Ninja turtles. If I were truly a TMNT fan I'd be all over them, but this was just buying back a little piece of childhood. And lemme tell ya, alot of forgotten memories have come flooding back.

Getting Raphael one time at the store and getting home to find he wasn't in the bag, I was so heartbroken my Grandma took me to buy another. Swimming to the bottom of the deep end of the pool one time to retrieve the turtles fan when it rolled down next to the drain. First time I ever swam to the bottom of the deep end because I was terrified of the drain. :lol And the time Donatello got chopped up by the lawnmower. All that was left was his head on a plastic stick. So I stuck it in the ground and pretended he was buried in the sand up to his neck while the others figures out a way to get him out. :lol Those were fun times.

Almost missed this thread, glad I didn't. I had no idea these were in the pipeline. Sounds like I may have missed out already though. :monkey2

Glad to see TMNT still alive and kicking. I guess there is going to be a video game coming out this year as well.

Nothing against TMNT, and the thread seems to be doing just fine here, but shouldn't it be under superheros or something? They are neither robots, nor aliens, though I can't say if they have ever fought any.

So where is every one getting them other than Target? Did someone find them other than Target? Anywhere except online shops or ebay?

Nothing against TMNT, and the thread seems to be doing just fine here, but shouldn't it be under superheros or something? They are neither robots, nor aliens, though I can't say if they have ever fought any.

Well the cartoon had plenty of Robot Footninja's and MetalHead. For Aliens there was the Neutrino's :D

Do beings from different dimensions count as Aliens :lol

I think they do according to Spielberg and Lucas and that's good enough around here. Well, maybe not...

Back