Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you ever seen 9? Thats the worst of Tim Burton...

I skipped it because it just looked bad and apparently I made the right choice. But Burton didn't direct 9, he produced it. That being said this movie was just not my thing...really disappointed in it. And I am kind of tired seeing Burton's wife HBC in every one of his films. She was particularly bad in this. My gf and I watched Fight Club again and couldn't believe she used to look that good.

Heh, most say that HBC was the best thing about this movie. :dunno

Last edited:
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooohh GOOOOOOD for you...and HOW WAS IT?
angry-christian-bale-b.jpg

:lol:monkey5:wacky:joy:banana:chew:gun:monkey1

:monkey3

9 was horrible. It had ZERO character development, ZERO story, and it felt like it was 15 minutes long.

Loved it. Awesome film. Anyone who says otherwise can kiss my ass that rocks. Cheshire Cat was about the cutest thing I've ever seen. I'm going to read those books again! Childhood, here I come .......
onion_msn_smilies-22.gif

Loved it. Awesome film. Anyone who says otherwise can kiss my ass that rocks. Cheshire Cat was about the cutest thing I've ever seen. I'm going to read those books again! Childhood, here I come .......
onion_msn_smilies-22.gif

Thank you.

it was a "pleasant" film. I think people's expectations are too high. The best has been done already, it's called Avatar, nothing else will compare anytime soon, so just set the bar a little lower, quit "studying" film, and try to enjoy something for once rather than picking everything apart and saying everything sucks. Maybe stay away from Fantasy, Sci-Fi, and Action Films all together.

If you want intellectual drama and dialogue, you shouldn't be looking to find it in AiW anyways.

No, but again (for me) the movie had not spirit, or heart. I love the original Alice in Wonderland cartoon... but this was just meh for me.

Glad others are able to enjoy it, but both the wife and I were not feeling it.

Odd to say but the movie actually reminded me of an old saying from the mother country...

"Ang hindi lumingon sa pinaggalingan ay hindi maka-karating sa paroroonan."
(He who does not look back at where he came from will not reach his destination.)

If you want intellectual drama and dialogue, you shouldn't be looking to find it in AiW anyways.

i wasn't. i am familiar with tim burton's body of work, and even then i was shocked at just how bad this movie was. even if u take it on a purely technical level it fails. the cgi was absolutely horrendous for a big-budget blockbuster like this. for example, there was no need for the knave of hearts' (crispin glover's) body to be fully CGI. the body was of normal human proportions anyway. but they replaced it and it looked terrible, the herky-jerky movements looking like early 80s compositing work.

anyway, i don't see why me hating the film should invalidate anyone's contrary opinion. i'm allowed to dislike it just as much as you're allowed to like it. it's not like i'm attacking your (and i mean people in general) taste in movies, so why should anyone take issue with mine? chill out.

btw, i did like the cheshire cat though. he was the best thing in the movie.

i wasn't. i am familiar with tim burton's body of work, and even then i was shocked at just how bad this movie was. even if u take it on a purely technical level it fails. the cgi was absolutely horrendous for a big-budget blockbuster like this. for example, there was no need for the knave of hearts' (crispin glover's) body to be fully CGI. the body was of normal human proportions anyway. but they replaced it and it looked terrible, the herky-jerky movements looking like early 80s compositing work.

anyway, i don't see why me hating the film should invalidate anyone's contrary opinion. i'm allowed to dislike it just as much as you're allowed to like it. it's not like i'm attacking your (and i mean people in general) taste in movies, so why should anyone take issue with mine? chill out.

btw, i did like the cheshire cat though. he was the best thing in the movie.

Glover's body wasn't normal human proportions, I think the body was thin and stretched.

Anyway, I liked the film, though it could've been better. It has been so long since I have read Alice that very little of it did I remember. I agree the Cheshire cat was great, and so was the Mad Hatter. Not too keen on Alice herself though. 6/10 for me.

I actually enjoyed the movie. It's pretty much exactly like the book, which had not too much character development either. Girl follows rabbit down hole to other world and goes for one event to another meeting interesting characters along the way. Love the visuals. 7/10

Watched it today.. I felt something was lacking in the movie, couldn't figure out what it is.. The movie experience was lacking. :(

Glover's body wasn't normal human proportions, I think the body was thin and stretched.

That was an odd one for me as well... his proportions were different, but not quite different enough for it to make sense.

It was like he was too close to being normal looking, but then the body movements, etc were more distracting than a cohesive part of the story.

That was an odd one for me as well... his proportions were different, but not quite different enough for it to make sense.

It was like he was too close to being normal looking, but then the body movements, etc were more distracting than a cohesive part of the story.

That was my only real problem with the film. Bad CG on Crispin's body. The movement was all wrong.

...well that and the lame a$$ break dance at the end. :rolleyes:

it wasn't different enough to necessitate a complete cgi replacement of his body. the same "slightly-stretched" effect could've easily been achieved with some minor prosthetic/animatronic work.

Bad CG on Crispin's body. The movement was all wrong.

...well that and the lame a$$ break dance at the end. :rolleyes:

exactly my point.

and yeah the dance just came way out of leftfield and made depp look like a compete idiot. which is pretty hard to accomplish, so props to burton for that. :rolleyes:

Back