Tiger stripe 1/6 sideshow wolverine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got this in yesterday and I know I said I would do a body swap, but having him in hand I feel the swap is not necessary. Other than have floppy hips (which I fixed using the super glue technique) He's perfect now. Hips are now nice & tight and holds poses perfectly. Will enjoy animating him.

I got this in yesterday and I know I said I would do a body swap, but having him in hand I feel the swap is not necessary. Other than have floppy hips (which I fixed using the super glue technique) He's perfect now. Hips are now nice & tight and holds poses perfectly. Will enjoy animating him.

Anyone else going to do a body swap?

I won't be doing a swap. It would be nice to get that extra arm articulation, but you lose one of the best features of the figure--the fabulous sculpted arms.

I also find body swaps often look bad because the outfit is not tailored for the swapped body. I am sometimes surprised by what collectors think looks good, because all I can see is phicen bodies wearing stretched out suits with obviously warped patterns and symbols--and on a fully clothed figure you don't see much benefit from the seamless body anyway.

That's just me, though. People should do whatever they want to get what they're looking for out of their collection.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

My Wolverine has floppy hips also. Could you elaborate on the “super glue technique?”

Thank you!

My Wolverine has floppy hips also. Could you elaborate on the “super glue technique?”

Thank you!

Cut the seam around the waist. Take the pants off. Spread the legs and put a few drops of glue where the peg inserts in the lower torso. Do one side at a time. Then start moving it back & forth (Frontwards and backwards the full range of motion) You will start to feel the joint get stiff. It will take a while, Do not stop moving the joint till the glue starts to dry. It will turn a white color. You do not want to let the joint dry without moving it or it will freeze up and there will be no way to unfreeze it without breaking it. You may have to do it a few times if the joint is still loose. I did a couple of drops of glue and only had to do it once for each side. Put the pants back on and you will be good to go. I didn't even have to resew the pants back to the top. Just put the belt back on. I hope that helps you.

88f65198189444c31a4ccc2f7e7c875e.jpg
My current set up.

Wouldn?t blu tac work just as good? Rather than glue?

I guess that would work. Truthfully I have never tried it, only because I use my figures for animating and I need the joints to always be tight. I know for sure the glue technique works and I only needed to do it once. For posing on a shelf, blu tac might be enough, but not for animating IMO.

Got my wolverine in. The headsculpt has a big paint error on the nose and there's a mark on the cheek where the mouth piece got chewed up while being misglued to the face...these sideshow figures are killing me...

Well got my replacement sculpt from sideshow thankfully.

Looks like this one is about to sell out so last call for wolvie.

Yeah says low stock. Ended up pulling the trigger, gotta love the classic tiger stripe look. Surprised at how “quickly” this one sold compared to magneto which sat for awhile. I would even say magneto is the better figure but I know ppl love wolvie

SS ended up doing me a solid
The magnet for the claws is weak on my right hand, claws keep falling off
One claw broke off, SS sent me a new set

SS ended up doing me a solid
The magnet for the claws is weak on my right hand, claws keep falling off
One claw broke off, SS sent me a new set

I’m glad to hear that, it’s good to hear about companies trying to treat their customers well!
Congrats on getting the figure I hope you enjoy it.

I really like this Wolverine figure and Magneto a lot. I’m just afraid to start collecting X-men ...potentially a very deep rabbit hole :)

A very deep rabbit hole indeed.
7fe23b18de1dd174273fc788dab447ea.jpg

7c7b27cefb63d70c76b33697b1fd19b0.jpg

c4f28f5c341a533025443a6eb8b6800f.jpg

00a083f7bb4c59a24141bbe2cde0734e.jpg

b9a59367ee23312845af8ce25074df2c.jpg

cfc0286a513e44d549909043d6aaa30b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WOW!!!!

That is a great collection!!!!

But yeah I would need to add another entire cabinet for the X-men ...hmmmm

Hahaha well regardless I am excited for all the X-men fans out there, it seems like that line is going to be getting a lot more attention.

Back