TIE Fighter Pilot - will Hot Toys consider releasing it too? or exclusive to SSC?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sith_lords

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Hello guys,

I am very new to the 1/6 scale and I am planning my first purchase! I am looking at the Imperial TIE fighter pilot! after looking around and price-wise, head sculpt wise I am hovering over Hot Toys a tad more and their SW line is absolutely breathtaking.

Is there a chance HT will release a TIE fighter as well? or this release by SSC means HT will hold and give them the exclusive.

Thank you!

They're divvying up or loosely coordinating their releases, so while HT may get around to doing their own TIE Fighter Pilot in time, it wouldn't realistically be for a long while. If it's one of the SW characters you really want a representation of, I'd go ahead and get the SSC one.

Sideshow have upped their game recently, Snowtrooper is a good solid figure.

Would think Hot Toys would get around to Tie Pilot, in similar predicament with Scout Trooper, do I get Sideshow's now or wait on Hot Toys?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Hot Toys doesn't really 'finish' lines nor would I expect anything but major characters out of them or figures they can make countless variants on (ie stormtroopers and clone troopers). Its taken Sideshow over a decade to get to the Tie pilot, I doubt HT would get around to it this century.

Sideshow have upped their game recently, Snowtrooper is a good solid figure.

Would think Hot Toys would get around to Tie Pilot, in similar predicament with Scout Trooper, do I get Sideshow's now or wait on Hot Toys?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Snowtrooper is a good figure, but there's certainly room for marginal improvement. No doubt Hot Toys will 1-UP them both in quality and price. Question is, how long do you wanna wait and how much do you wanna pay?

If a tie pilot were important enough to be my first purchase, I'd definitely not let the thought of HT doing one down the road deter me. With some of the releases available atm if you're digging it that much to chose it, chances are its meant to be. Order it. :hi5:

The time between releases are years, so I'd say get it now. HT are better in my opinion but it doesn't look like they'll cross over too much......I think

Thing is, too, how much could really be improved on such a basic figure as this? It's a helmet and jumpsuit. About as simple as a costume gets.

Thing is, too, how much could really be improved on such a basic figure as this? It's a helmet and jumpsuit. About as simple as a costume gets.
HT will improve on it by putting it a box that says Hot Toys on it and charging more:lol

:exactly:

HT will improve on it by putting it a box that says Hot Toys on it and charging more:lol

:exactly:

If you want the figure get it now and enjoy it.....If...HT makes one years from now you can sell off the SS one and get that one.

Ht will be on a better body, In terms of sculpt the tiepilot looks great from all angles unlike sideshows trooper, I'll no doubt be swapping the body to a ht knockoff

Hot Toys doesn't really 'finish' lines nor would I expect anything but major characters out of them or figures they can make countless variants on (ie stormtroopers and clone troopers). Its taken Sideshow over a decade to get to the Tie pilot, I doubt HT would get around to it this century.

Hot Toys have already released a black hole stormtrooper and a spacetrooper is on preorder, noone saw those coming! A tie fighter pilot won't be long along with the rest of the imperial Line up which is why i precancelled SSC's scoutrooper, tiefighter pilot etc...

I plan on buying one SSC TIE Pilot, will almost certainly port him over to another body. If HT gets around to making one and it's actually better, I'll buy that one and sell the SSC. Not a big deal.

Hot Toys have already released a black hole stormtrooper and a spacetrooper is on preorder, noone saw those coming! A tie fighter pilot won't be long along with the rest of the imperial Line up which is why i precancelled SSC's scoutrooper, tiefighter pilot etc...

Yeah but those are pretty much the same, meaning its a easy new release for them since they were going to release the stormtroopers anyway.

Since they have yet to unveil all the main characters I doubt they will be heading for new minor characters that will require new designs and not just painting it black like the shadow trooper. Especially since TFA is coming in 6 months and they will be doing those characters also.

It's been a few years since Sideshow released their stormtrooper and sandtroopers now. Although I think the Hot Toys troopers are better, I still rate the Sideshow ones enough to keep them alongside my newer Hot Toys troopers. Sure the bodies are a little loose and the paint apps are not quite as tidy as the Hot Toys ones, but displayed side by side, I think they still look pretty good.

If you want the TIE pilot, go for it. I have it on pre-order and have no intention of cancelling.

Hot Toys have already released a black hole stormtrooper and a spacetrooper is on preorder, noone saw those coming!

Everyone saw those coming. When HT first announced the line everyone and their cousins chimed in that they would Iron Man that figure.

You should pre-cancel Sideshow's AT-AT driver immediately.

Back