Thundercats - Large Scale Figures From Mezco!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've only seen 8" Lion-O (both normal & SDCC) & Tygra. Not sure about Mumra but i know they released 6" version of Lion-O, Tygra & Mumra. I think it's less than 6".

Hi guys, I just noticed that there are 6 inch classic figures around... I haven't got any of the Tcats figures because of the continuity (I want to collect the line that can spam the most characters) So, what do you guys believe is the best course of action?
8 inch figures?
6 inch?
Those huge ones? D:

Hi guys, I just noticed that there are 6 inch classic figures around... I haven't got any of the Tcats figures because of the continuity (I want to collect the line that can spam the most characters) So, what do you guys believe is the best course of action?
8 inch figures?
6 inch?
Those huge ones? D:

Depends on what you're looking for. Personally I'd go with the Mezco huge ones. I've had all three, and as far as I'm aware the 8" line stops with Lion-O and Tygra, while I've yet to hear anything about more releases in the 6" line.

I read online that Mezco will keep making the mega size figures "as long as people keep buying them", and they seem pretty popular. I've got the 3 releases so far and love them all. They don't have great articulation, but there's enough there to make decent displays, and I treat them almost like poseable statues as opposed to action figures.

Plus they are 14" and cost nothing. Everyone should keep buying to keep the line alive!!

I don't know why they released Panthro without a alternative head though? assuming they are going to give Tygra + alternative head he will be other only one without one

I just got Panthro and will be getting Cheetara soon. Any updates on Tygra?
Also, any chance of an exclusive 2-pack of decayed version of Mumm-ra & Snarf for those who didn't get the SDCC exclusives?

Can't believe I missed these all those years ago, I'd have picked these up on launch. Probably.

LOVE Cheetara, that is one awesome looking figure.

Hello!

I wake up very late concerning the Mezco Thundercats. :wink1:
I discovered this line a few weeks ago.
I managed to pick up my three favorites character for a ridiculous price.
Tygra that was my favorite when I was a boy, Mumm-Ra that is maybe the most impressive and the best done of the line ( with maybe Tygra and Panthro), and star Lion, that was not my favorite on the pics but in hands, close to the others two is very cool and definitely iconic! A good surprise above all that I picked the deluxe edition with the additionnal head that is way more in the mood of the cartoon.

The packaging is very cool and in the mood of the tv show, the figures are really exceptionally painted and detailed for the price and the lack of articulation is not a big deal as I see them more as statue than action figures.
Now I wish i could have picked up Panthro and cheetara but they are hard to find and very expensive now. But no regrets with these three essentials! I think they are the best interpretation of the Thundercats on the market, totally accurate to the show with iconic poses, for a minimal price.

I still do not understand how Sideshow failed with their 400$ statue compared to these 40$ figures. :dunno

I like these figures but they're still in the original packaging. The scale is too big to fit on my shelves. Trying to make room for the NECA TMNT figures too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Without a doubt, some of my absolute favorite collectibles. Fantastic size, incredible sculpts, sharp paints all for an original MSRP only about $10 more than a standard Marvel Legends figure.

I wonder if Mezco still has the license and if a release is possible?

Don’t know...
but I asked them if they plan to do something similar with He-man and the Masters of the Universe and they answered me that everything is possible in the future.
Could be awesome

Back