Thundercats - Large Scale Figures From Mezco!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Thundercats - Large Scale Lion-O Figure From Mezco!

has anyone picked this figure up yet? interested in seeing some reviews.

the wording for the exclusive is throwing me off. the description says, "Interchangeable glowing eyes head and open mouth heads."
so does the variant come with 2 separate heads or is it just one head with glowing eyes and an open mouth? if that's the case i think i'll just get the regular version.

Last edited:

Holy Cow!!
look at Mezco's Mumm-Ra!!
:rock!!
:drool!!

https://www.thundercats.ws/news/thu...ra-mega-scale-action-figure-at-sdcc-2011-179/

https://www.thundercats.ws/news/attach/1/mezco-mumm-ra-SDCC-11-001_1311196707.jpg
mezco-mumm-ra-SDCC-11-001_1311196707.jpg

Mumm-Ra looks pretty badass.

yeah mumm ra looked sick. Dont deal here.

I did not like this figure but it is the best recent lion-o.

Mezco's the only one that showed some new TC stuff during Toyfair... this time Panthro...

e_img_4193_1.jpg

5_img_4192_1.jpg

2_img_4191_1.jpg

I'd love if Mezco got the chance to make these guys in 6" Scale...

Finally got Mumm-Ra, it was on sale for $20.00 shipped from Amazon, couldn't pass!!
It's awesome! Specially for the price, it looks absolutely amazing!
I'll try to post pics later today!
Anybody else got him yet?
:rock

Finally got Mumm-Ra, it was on sale for $20.00 shipped from Amazon, couldn't pass!!

I'm thinking about getting him, what are your thoughts on the figure? He's quite expensive here in the UK (£40), is he worth the money?

Can you post the link you bought him from? I couldn't find that deal.

I'm thinking about getting him, what are your thoughts on the figure? He's quite expensive here in the UK (£40), is he worth the money?

OK, as promised, here are some pics!
Seriously this figure kicks ass!!!
As simple as it is, with minimal articulation, the sculpt is pretty amazing and the size imposing, I gotta say, this one is probably my favorite Mumm-Ra rendition out there!(The Icon heroes is very good too... )
It's crazy how this one captures Mumm-Ra so perfectly, even better than the PCS one... but that's no surprise, and for the price, you can't go wrong!!
Love it!!

My only nitpick is the inside of the mouth... it's kind of flat... and looks a bit weird...
I might fix that eventually.
Oh! and the cape doesn't quite stay on the wrist bracelets, nothing major.

DSC05066.jpg

DSC05068.jpg

DSC05069.jpg

DSC05070.jpg

DSC05071.jpg

DSC05072.jpg

DSC05073.jpg

Can you post the link you bought him from? I couldn't find that deal.

it was sold by Amazon... guess the deal is over...
I actually bought the last one I guess, it said "Only 1 Remains in Stock"
maybe that's why.

i just got my Mumm-ra in yesterday and BR Joker the day before that. I got lion-o last year at Toys R Us for $25 and this Mumm-ra at BBTS for $35. I think they are definatly worth the buy. I loved the ThunderCats and was excited for the figure rereleases (6" and 8")until i seen them, but these mega scales dont diappoint.

SAM_0099.jpg

didnt know they were that big they dwarf the 1/6th scale figures... great pics!

Mumm-Ra looks awesome! Definitely looking forward to grabing that one. Hoping to see Tygra and Cheetara at SDCC. Shame Mezco couldn't do the smaller scale figures too. Their Hellboy lines were fantastic.

Well, well...
this is bittersweet...
Mezco SDCC exclusive is:

se_mumm-ra.jpg

hundercats 14" Glow-in-the-Dark Mumm-Ra 2-pack
Write A Review

This Summer Exclusive features a glow-in-the-dark, blue-skin Mumm-Ra and comes packed with his decayed form version, created from an entirely new sculpt, showing him in his decrepit natural state.

Normally old and decrepit, he transforms himself into the powerful Mumm-Ra the Ever Living by reciting the incantation "Ancient spirits of evil, transform this decayed form to Mumm-Ra, the Ever-Living!" Based on the the original animated series, this mega-scale figure is 14" of evil ancient fury!

Mezco’s Mumm-Ra is superbly detailed, perfectly capturing not only the iconic look of Mumm-Ra the Ever Living as he appeared in the classic television series, but the essence of his villainy as he spreads his arms wide and swears to destroy Lion-O.

Mumm-Ra features 8 points of articulation as well as a real cloth cape and bandages. Both come packaged together in an oversized collector friendly box. This is a non-numbered limited edition item. Edition size TBD.

Shipping: July/August 2012.

I mean, it's awesome but kind of a slap in the face to those who but the regular Mumm-Ra IMO...
Regardless... I'll be getting this guy... it looks too awesome and I've been waiting for a Decaying form Mumm-Ra for years... I was so bummed when hard Heroes cancelled theirs.
This one is just too awesome!

Out of curiosity... is Mumm-Ra's head in scale with a Jakks body? I'd love to take this figure and make a more articulated version? But being 14" I'm guessing he's too big.

That SDCC exclusive is AWESOME! With Bandai's fail, I might actually get into this line. I was excited at the start, but then was a bit afraid of the scale. But getting the whole gang in this scale might be cool. I do feel bad for those who already got Mumm-Ra though.

Back