Thunderbolts - July 26, 2024

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m sure the movie will be fine, and maybe there are still one or two more team announcements to come. I do hope they swap out Taskmaster. I just wasn’t a fan of that storyline and could see the reveal coming a mile away (which was a rewrite apparently). They had to “redeem” Black Widow, which to me unnecessarily weakened her. It reminded me of Lucas tinkering with the Han shot first scene. I do, however, like the actress, Olga Kurylenko. She could easily be recast in another role since she was scarred and didn’t have any lines, as opposed to doing a cosmetic makeover and trying to give her some type of witty characterization or something. Three super soldiers is also weird, especially since Bucky isn’t leading the team. Although I think the Dynamic between US Agent and Red Guardian should be pretty entertaining. I’d prefer to see Bucky in the Captain America movie, which hopefully will still be the case. Ghost has a cool power set though.

That said, my preferred line-up would have been
US Agent
Red Guardian
Black Widow/White Widow (may need a new code name)
Taskmaster II (since it’s now tech based it’s pretty easy to write a backstory)
Ghost
Red Hulk or Abomination (the muscle)
Songbird (would introduce a new female character with a cool power set)
Iron Patriot II (Justin Hammer—could be teased in after credit scene to set up Thunderbolts 2)

While Zeno would have been great, I think that role is essentially being filled by Julia Louis-Dreyfus’s Valentina character.

I’m sure the movie will be fine, and maybe there are still one or two more team announcements to come. I do hope they swap out Taskmaster. I just wasn’t a fan of that storyline and could see the reveal coming a mile away (which was a rewrite apparently). They had to “redeem” Black Widow, which to me unnecessarily weakened her. It reminded me of Lucas tinkering with the Han shot first scene. I do, however, like the actress, Olga Kurylenko. She could easily be recast in another role since she was scarred and didn’t have any lines, as opposed to doing a cosmetic makeover and trying to give her some type of witty characterization or something. Three super soldiers is also weird, especially since Bucky isn’t leading the team. Although I think the Dynamic between US Agent and Red Guardian should be pretty entertaining. I’d prefer to see Bucky in the Captain America movie, which hopefully will still be the case. Ghost has a cool power set though.

That said, my preferred line-up would have been
US Agent
Red Guardian
Black Widow/White Widow (may need a new code name)
Taskmaster II (since it’s now tech based it’s pretty easy to write a backstory)
Ghost
Red Hulk or Abomination (the muscle)
Songbird (would introduce a new female character with a cool power set)
Iron Patriot II (Justin Hammer—could be teased in after credit scene to set up Thunderbolts 2)

While Zeno would have been great, I think that role is essentially being filled by Julia Louis-Dreyfus’s Valentina character.
It's the same writer as Black Widow, which I guess for me is alright. I don't remember thinking the BW script was cringe or boring.

Marvel’s ‘Thunderbolts’ Movie Taps Jake Schreier As Director
While the town has been buzzing about The Fantastic Four directing search quietly , which has only begun meeting potential candidates, the studio has been focused on Thunderbolts ODA, and according to insiders, Schreier’s presentation in recent weeks blew away execs and ultimately landed him the job.

Schreier, who cut his teeth directing classic Kanye West and Kendrick Lamar music videos, broke onto the scene with his 2013 Sundance darling Robot & Frank. He also directed 2015’s Paper Towns,recently wrapped production on the A24 and Netflix series Beef and has directed episodes of FX’s Dave. He is repped by CAA, Grandview and Sloane Offer.

Dunno how I feel about that either; years ago I guess the Russos earned the right to do my fav MCU film TWS. Haven't watched any of this director's work.

I'd rather not see Bucky anywhere near the new Cap movie; TBH I'd rather have Falcon not there either; IMO showrunner Spellman is too ponderous, and doesn't know how to either construct, or bring in, experts who know how to do interesting action scenes most of the time. To be fair IMO TFAWS did have some good moments, but mostly for me it dragged and was uneven. There's something wrong when one of the best scenes is the valet.😈 Plus the bad camera angles and shots that were too dark - literally too dark.

As far as heavy hitters - IMO the lineup are all good actors who deserve a chance to shine. IMO having heavy hitters doesn't necessarily count when your co-stars are upstaging you like with Captain Marvel or Zemo dancing.

So who will be in this team? U.S. Agent, Yelena, Baron Zemo, Taskmaster perhaps? Anyone else?

IMHO, more critical will be the quality of the actors on the team.

Florence Pugh is a gem, but the rest don't really move the needle for me. One thing I liked about James Gunn's version of Suicide Squad is he assessed the characters that the audience weren't going to care about, then he killed them.

Just give us Bernthal as The Punisher, Rockwell as Justin Hammer and Steinfeld as Hawkeye 2.0. Add them to Pugh. If you are going to make a big movie, pick characters to bring back that audiences have shown they clearly like.

That's how I felt about Shang Chi. The best part was Trevor Slattery/Ben Kingsley, so just give us a Slattery movie instead. If it's a good story and audiences like it, who cares if it fits the big plan to support a future Avengers movie.

IMHO, more critical will be the quality of the actors on the team.

Florence Pugh is a gem, but the rest don't really move the needle for me. One thing I liked about James Gunn's version of Suicide Squad is he assessed the characters that the audience weren't going to care about, then he killed them.

Just give us Bernthal as The Punisher, Rockwell as Justin Hammer and Steinfeld as Hawkeye 2.0. Add them to Pugh. If you are going to make a big movie, pick characters to bring back that audiences have shown they clearly like.

That's how I felt about Shang Chi. The best part was Trevor Slattery/Ben Kingsley, so just give us a Slattery movie instead. If it's a good story and audiences like it, who cares if it fits the big plan to support a future Avengers movie.
I think the movie will need one or two more heavy hitters if it’s going to be a blockbuster. It’s possible that Red Hulk may actually be on the roster but the reveal is being held back because he’ll debut on She-Hulk and Marvel doesn’t want to spoil it. Red Hulk would be a much bigger draw for mainstream audiences than Abomination but the character would need a backstory unless he’s the the villain of the movie. Steinfeld is probably being saved for Young Avengers. I’m guessing Punisher will follow Daredevil and maybe be part of a new Defenders team, along with Jessica Jones, Luke Cage (hopefully) and a reworked Iron Fist. I’d also like to see Elodie Yung back as a more comic accurate Elektra.

I think the movie will need one or two more heavy hitters if it’s going to be a blockbuster. It’s possible that Red Hulk may actually be on the roster but the reveal is being held back because he’ll debut on She-Hulk and Marvel doesn’t want to spoil it. Red Hulk would be a much bigger draw for mainstream audiences than Abomination but the character would need a backstory unless he’s the the villain of the movie. Steinfeld is probably being saved for Young Avengers. I’m guessing Punisher will follow Daredevil and maybe be part of a new Defenders team, along with Jessica Jones, Luke Cage (hopefully) and a reworked Iron Fist. I’d also like to see Elodie Yung back as a more comic accurate Elektra.
Dunno wasn't Ironman kind've a B level character?

On its surface, the team doesn't do a great job of mirroring the original Avengers team (e.g., Abom or She-Hulk instead of Hulk, maybe Hercules instead of Thor, etc.), but David Harbour is a welcome addition.

they did confirm that Zemo will be in the movie, maybe he´s not part of the team from the start

RUMOR: Harrison Ford Is Marvel's Top Choice for Thunderbolts' New General Ross
Screen_Shot_2022-09-29_at_34551_PM_1400x700.jpg
:unsure:

Back