Threezero Tyrion Lannister (season 7)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What!? Seriously? I mean, what did they say?

This is the kind of thing that makes me nervous about ordering direct.

If you have a problem they just tell you to wait. If you ask again after a period of time they will tell you to wait again. No assurances that you will eventually get what you paid for, you just have to wait. Maybe for eternity, maybe not.

Tyrion shipped from Sideshow yesterday, and I should be receiving my new Cersei today. It will be a Lannister week. :)

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I ****ing love this figure, personally I think it is a home run, quality all around. Maybe the closest feeling thing I have to a hot toy. I never miss a chance to **** all over this company but they brought it home.

I was never that bothered with the mustache personally but I knew it was most to do with how it was painted, I subtle the transition of it and repainted the bottom areas to seem fuller. I think this balanced it out a lot. Only other mod was accentuating his eye bags.

Yeah the mustache looks a lot better there. Nice work!

Hopefully with Sideshow just getting theirs BBTS won't be too far behind. This will be my only GOT figure until Jon v2 arrives, but it's probably the only one I really needed anyway.

I ****ing love this figure, personally I think it is a home run, quality all around. Maybe the closest feeling thing I have to a hot toy. I never miss a chance to **** all over this company but they brought it home.

I was never that bothered with the mustache personally but I knew it was most to do with how it was painted, I subtle the transition of it and repainted the bottom areas to seem fuller. I think this balanced it out a lot. Only other mod was accentuating his eye bags.

That's nice to hear! I've been saying its gotta be their best since I first saw all those initial in hand pics- even with the critiques this thing has gotten. The mustache I figured would be a super easy fix if it bothered me in hand, which I see here is. Now what did you do for the eye bags, Raymond?

Wor, that little gap in the stache is actually accurate I might make it a bit less abrupt now that you mention it.

Fiend for the eyes I used just a bit of watered down acrylic brown and black mixture and went over the sculpted line and the surrounding area by the orbits wirh a very fine brunch for a few washes.

Often times the detail is in these sculpts but paint is what really is needed to enhance a likeness. Eye detailing and eyebrows can make or break a sculpt. Sometimes the mouth area too. For dany and Brienne the likeness shined when I enhanced their mouths.

So I received Tyrion last night and just found some time to open him up this morning. And, uh, yeah, he's pretty great! He's an improvement over the 1.0 in every aspect, and by a fair margin at that. The likeness is stronger and the paint is better. Even the sculpting itself shows growth with finer details in the hair and the belt - just like with Brienne. The outfit is of a nicer material and of a better cut, imo. The boots are pretty much the same as the 1.0 with the big exception of having articulated ankles this time around. I even like the accessories more for this release. I love the map markers. Though there is one surprising, and confounding, thing - and that's with the horse head sigil. We have all the players you'd think of. Lion of Lannister, Direwolf of Stark, Dragon for Targaryen, the Unsullied, etc. All the ones everyone would know from the show. And then there's the horse head. And the only house I can think of is from the books - House Ryswell, a bannerman for House Stark. They didn't show up in the show and I dont even think they were mentioned! lol It's kinda cool but really strange, especially when they could have gone with a bear for House Mormont or something. Anyway the figure is killer and I'll be posting pictures soon. One problem though. Mine came with a broken decanter. I've already contacted SSC and hopefully they can just replace that one item and I won't have to send the whole friggin' figure back. We'll see.

Got mine last night, too. Really solid figure! That's two or three in a row now in this line. (Of course, I wish 3Z would have hit this hot streak a few years earlier, but I'm not going to look the gift horse in the mouth!)

My only real nit is the Hand of the Queen pin. The magnetic attachment is an interesting solution, but it flicks off at the slightest touch. I'll be gluing it on permanently.

But otherwise he looks fantastic. I especially appreciate the improvement in the sculpt of the hands compared to the first version. Might donate a pair of the new ones to him.

Overall really happy with him!

Got mine last night, too. Really solid figure! That's two or three in a row now in this line. (Of course, I wish 3Z would have hit this hot streak a few years earlier, but I'm not going to look the gift horse in the mouth!)

My only real nit is the Hand of the Queen pin. The magnetic attachment is an interesting solution, but it flicks off at the slightest touch. I'll be gluing it on permanently.

But otherwise he looks fantastic. I especially appreciate the improvement in the sculpt of the hands compared to the first version. Might donate a pair of the new ones to him.

Overall really happy with him!

Ah I was wondering about the pin. I thought mine was screwed up . I used a knife to try and pull the pin out a little and it went flying off. I thought I had broke it. Now that I know its magnetic that makes sense. It still how the hell does it attach with that?

The horse represents the Dothraki, right?

Ah yes!! I don't know why I didn't think of this. It's so obvious. lol

Agreed on the HotQ pin. It pops off way too easily. I appreciate the attempt at something different but I'd rather they just glue the damn thing on like 1.0 if this was the outcome. Mine fell off within a minute and I had to scour the floor looking for it.

Other than that I'd says this is above a solid release and just say it's a great one. I just hope they keep this up with Joffrey and Jon up next.

Good job,threezero. Now let's not bungle Joffrey.
935d0371cbd5d4c227deb4d7e3407c29.jpg
8c3099e563551451b0d44fcfa1d80884.jpg
29a52ce4705172ddf35f1486b67e8e12.jpg
0b855ac7506d1c10b306234dd068e11b.jpg
4cbf72b9e12e12fa67b0e0ad62385ae7.jpg
a6db468ddf643ed376428ad2406b33b4.jpg
2fffcbaa496682bd33e00325020d016d.jpg
1a6def555873f0e81e7d6ec4f48b8434.jpg
509dce663c2a746de5b5d91ceac49b5e.jpg

Back