Threezero - The Matrix - 1/12 Armored Personnel Unit (APU) Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks great. Anything's better than the McFarlane one. I had to send back 3 of them because they kept showing up broken in the box. But this is a pass for me. 1/6 Neo, Morpheus, Trinity and Smith are where its at for me.

ThreeZero's APU is impressive, and so is the price tag. Quite a piece of machinery. It looks fantastic!
$390 APU with pilot or $430 for the exclusive set including the ammo loader & crew member.
I'm going to hold out for the Nebuchadnezzar or hopefully 1/6 figures of Neo, Agent Smith, Morpheus, or Trinity.
Although, it looks like any actor's likenesses are not happening.

Hopefully it is just the case of them not bothering to get the actors likeness for this 1/12 scale figure. Seeing as he wasn't one of the core characters, this could be a likely scenario.

The pricing seems pretty good for this figure though. Really hoping they can get the actor likenesses for the 4 main characters. I don't think they need to go too deep within this line, those 4 will be perfect for most collectors.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Love it, just ordered mine! Hope someone offers a custom Mifune head down the line :pray:

Almost impossible to resist- just so detailed and amazing paint aps/weathering

It looks cool of course, but with no Neo or Trinity i don't know why i should give a ****.

It looks cool of course, but with no Neo or Trinity i don't know why i should give a ****.

I feel the same way. I do have some great customs of Neo, Trinity, Morpheus and Smith, but it would be nice to see some top notch licensed figures. Don't even know if we can hope to get any from Threezero if Hot Toys is still clinging to the license. They did the Sentinel then just just abandoned the line. Don't know why they started with that piece. That should have come later after people bought the figures.

Surely HT no longer have the license. I don't think ThreeZero would have been able to aquire it if it was still in HT hands.

Last we heard was they were trying to get the actor likeness rights for the 1/6 figures. Whether or not that is just a studio thing or they have to ask the actors themselves, I really don't know. If it's anything like X-Men though, I wouldn't be holding my breath for any of the characters we want.

I can't say that I'm a big fan of the Matrix (not to say I didn't enjoy the movies just not a die hard fan by any means) but I love mechs, and I love how this one looks. Got in touch with Threezero customer service and had them put me on the wait list for the deluxe set with the ammo loader and extra figure. Fingers crossed that I can get my hands on the deluxe set, although I suppose I'd be fine settling for just the mech and pilot. Threezero certainly knows how to make an impressive mech (I have the Titanfall Atlas in my collection and it is phenomenal) and I'm really looking forward to this one!

From Toy Soul.

12376270_948872541874020_602006573670492196_n.jpg

Not my picture, but this thing looks absolutely amazing!!!

12489227_10153408244827825_6437614506744387740_o.jpg

Also bigger than I thought, 16 inches with this setup (sorry for the lousy picture)

FullSizeRender (10).jpg

I'll say this much for Threezero, they know how to make some of the most complex looking robots translate really well to figures.

Between this, Cain, Dog from Half-Life, and hopefully the Moose from Chappie, and they'll have the best line for robots/mechs.

I wonder if they could ever get the license for the original RoboCop. Would love to see their rendition of ED-209.

Back