Threezero: Texas Chainsaw Massacre 1/6 Leatherface

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I almost pulled the trigger this morning... but then I noticed something. As good as the Michael Myers fig is, I feel like he's a tad oversized. I'm sure it changes over the course of the series, but I always figured Myers was 5'10 - 6'1, or somewhere thereabouts. This Leatherface figure is 12 1/2 inches. If that puts Leatherface at 6'6 or so, that is ok (or maybe a tad too tall), but I don't know if I want him towering over the SS Jason on the shelf, which is only 12 inches or so. I always felt like they should be roughly the same height...

Just realized today Lol that the arm has no apparent joint at the elbow, perfect!

the-texas-chainsaw-massacre-leatherface-sixth-scale-threezero-903237-12.jpg

Attachments

• the-texas-chainsaw-massacre-leatherface-sixth-scale-threezero-903237-12.jpg
    the-texas-chainsaw-massacre-leatherface-sixth-scale-threezero-903237-12.jpg
    205.6 KB · Views: 176
They might be rubber arms. It's not stated that way, but I do see some movement in those arms.

Threeezero doesn’t use visible elbow joints on their figures. Walking Dead’s Merle has them along with a few other figures. Nothing new there.

Toysdaily was just live on Facebook and they interviewed the designer who is in charge of this figure. Since, it was in Cantonese and I don't know if they will translate to English, here are a few interesting things he pointed out with the figure.

1) The apron is more yellowish now than before. The designer said he went onto the forum and heard a few people saying the color wasn't right.

2) The chainsaw had a motor at first and was suppose to be electric. But, he said if they did that the cost would be an additional US $20 and they decided not too because they did not want to drive up the cost of the figure and wanted to be more affordable. Also, the chainsaw is the exact one he used in the film. He got the actual reference and used it as a guide.

3) The mask at first they tried using real wire, but he said it looked off so they went with another route.

4) The arms are new and is more bulk. I think is similar to the rubber arms they used on their walking dead stuffs, but is just more bulk for this figure.

5) The reason why the bracelet is a exclusive is because the cost of making it. Also, he mentioned he contacted the distributor and tried to get more info's on it but they didn't have the answer. So, he went on to the forum and contacted a few hardcore fan and was able to find the bracelet he wore so they can use it as a reference.

6) The hair is going to be similar to the Myers figure.

7) Lastly, someone asked him if they will do Freddy but he said Sideshow already released the figure already. And companies don't usually make the same figure and compete with each other. He also said the horror figures sold pretty well and I think there will be more coming.

8) Also, for the walking dead fan. He said they will show "Glenn" next month and they're just waiting for the head sculpt to be back. Someone asked him if the head sculpt is being done by a Korean artist since Glenn is Korean. He said "no" and is being done by a American artist.

I'll re-watch the video again and see if I missed anything.

Toysdaily was just live on Facebook and they interviewed the designer who is in charge of this figure. Since, it was in Cantonese and I don't know if they will translate to English, here are a few interesting things he pointed out with the figure.

7) Lastly, someone asked him if they will do Freddy but he said Sideshow already released the figure already. And companies don't usually make the same figure and compete with each other. He also said the horror figures sold pretty well and I think there will be more coming.

Damn that sucks! come on Threezero please make a part 1 Freddy! :pray:

Good to hear the horror figures are selling well and that more are on the way.

Damn that sucks! come on Threezero please make a part 1 Freddy! :pray:

Good to hear the horror figures are selling well and that more are on the way.

No joke. I don't really care for the Sideshow Freddy, I think ThreeZero could do a much better job. It'd prob be around 160 vs. the 200 over priced version Sideshow has. Sideshow thinks they're Hot Toys with their prices.

The apron does look better there but it is still the wrong material (and maybe still a little too light of a yellow). I’m not sure what it was made of, but it wasn’t cloth. It had a bit of a shine to it like plastic/vinyl or leather. It was something designed to be easily hosed off for cleaning. Hope they look into that some more. I love that they do listen and try to correct things.

I'm going to make a guess and say thats just the prototype and that instead of making a new apron, they just painted the original a little yellow to show they got the note and will update it in production. There is a gloss to the apron in the video so its some kind of vinyl but it's super thin. I wonder if they made it in house instead of sourcing the material for the prototype and they will get a true yellow vinyl for the run?

Looks awesome to me. Super excited.

Back