Threezero - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2014) - 1/6 Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you know why I didn't like the new movie much? we saw no real character development. that's just not something Michael Bay and his team are good at.
sure, we saw a bit Raph-Leo and their well-known "why do you give all the orders - you damn know why" argument, but.... what about the rest?
we saw Raph mention ONCE that he didn't like Leo giving orders and then ONE time when he told the others to do as their leader suggested. that was it.
Leo never struggled with his position as leader and Mickey never questioned his place among his brothers and..... yeah, I could go on and on about that.
and Raph's speech at the end, that was the crew trying to make up for the rest of the movie. because while Raph might have questioned Leo being their leader, he still did as he was told. every time.

if I didn't like Leo's and Raph's design so much, I wouldn't be sitting here, waiting for threezero to finish their product so I can buy it :D

I watched it recently…. I wanted to like it but the movie fell flat on it's face. The whole back story they had where April saved them in the fire made no sense. The dad set the lab on fire with April inside? Talk about terrible parenting. Why did the turtles even need to have that type of connection with April?

I am usually good to go with an over the top Michael Bay flick, but this one was just plain bad. I also could not stand the design for Shredder.

I watched it recently…. I wanted to like it but the movie fell flat on it's face. The whole back story they had where April saved them in the fire made no sense. The dad set the lab on fire with April inside? Talk about terrible parenting. Why did the turtles even need to have that type of connection with April?

I am usually good to go with an over the top Michael Bay flick, but this one was just plain bad. I also could not stand the design for Shredder.

Shredder was overdone, but i prefer that over the 1990 Party City Glittered pajama wearing one. LOL

I prefer the 1990 movie simply because the background story was better. In that one Shredder and Splinter were enemies because of Shredder killing Splinter's master. He trained the turtles as he had seen his master train.

The background to this film was just stupid! They were April's father's test subjects and she named them all? Splinter trains them to fight from a book he found in the sewer?

Poorly conceived background if you ask me. It would have been a better film if they had stuck to the original past.

The origin story for this movie was absolute trash.

I like the turtle designs though.

Interesting - I always thought the turtles origin story in the comics was pretty weak; I quite liked the explanation given in the movie. The biggest gripe I had with the movie was making the Foot an army instead of a ninja clan; that was one step too far away from the source I thought.

The thing I didn't like about it was how involved April was. Other than that it was better than I expected. I like how Splinter taught himself to fight then mentored the turtles.

Became a ninja master... by finding a random ninja book in the sewers... ughh who wrote that in the script!?

Why didn't they stick Hamato Yoshi in there? ASKDFJAS

Interesting - I always thought the turtles origin story in the comics was pretty weak; I quite liked the explanation given in the movie. The biggest gripe I had with the movie was making the Foot an army instead of a ninja clan; that was one step too far away from the source I thought.

See, I thought the TMNT origin story in IDW was really cool. This movie definitely used some of that.

Both origin stories area bit silly to be honest. A rat mimicking karate in a cage is a bit silly just like a rat studying years of ninjitsu from a book. But still I prefer the ooze transforming the turtles and splinter into more intelligent beings rather than the 2014 movie. Either when it comes to tmnt the 90s movie was just flawless and can never be beat, it influeneced all future turtle properties like 2k3 and 2012 turtles.

Back