threezero Robocop ED-209 (2014)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks. One more question does it pose well are the joints tight or loose? Sorry for all the questions just really looking forward to this

I didn't get to try to joints out all that much they are sturdy, at the hip to leg joint for sure, ratcheted. The rest is pretty firm, will put it through in-depth test and poses tomorrow.

Here is a quick shot with the body lights on, couldn't hunt down LR44 batteries so this will have to do for now. after going over the movement its not bad, but its not Hot-toys that's for sure, there are joints to be found where you would expect it, but not ball socketed when needed, or 360 as you would think. Please be careful when posing it around. I guess the biggest gripe would be the toes on him, so limited I wish there was more movement to make it look more dynamic sense the legs can raise and pivot at various angles of step. Another area to be careful with is the battery compartment on the arms, they are only pegged in, NO SCREW to loosen or tighten the panel, you can run a chance of breaking a peg holding the panel in, consider this your warning. BTW if your going to take him out the box for inspection and to play with and plan on packing him back up I suggest taking a quick pic of how it was set in the box. It is a tough puzzle to put in and have it fit properly in order to store. Senbi575, after contacting threezero a few weeks ago I was informed that Robocop 1.0 was delayed till September due to production delays. As for this bad boy once again I was shocked it was waiting at my doorstep, I could of sworn they were slated for Q4 2015!

DSC01616 (1024x992).jpgDSC01645 (1024x864).jpgDSC01653 (1024x925).jpg

hi,

here some quick pics of my new "little" item!

Attachments

• PA273457 - Kopie.jpg
    PA273457 - Kopie.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 124
  • PA273458.jpg
    PA273458.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 123
  • PA273459 - Kopie.jpg
    PA273459 - Kopie.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 124
  • PA273460 - Kopie.jpg
    PA273460 - Kopie.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 126
  • PA273461 - Kopie.jpg
    PA273461 - Kopie.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 120
This item looks fantastic if you like the new 2014 design!
the built quality is very good, of course its still all plastic, the robotic design and all the details are fantastic, i love the used/weathering effects!
some design elements (like the giant feet) are well known from anime style figures, the top view with the huge "head" looks like a hightech stealth tank or like that..:)
unlike many other official preorder pics from "human" sideshow toys, this guy looks exactly as on the teaser pics!
i have to buy some batteries to test the light effects too.
believe me, this this guy is huge even his father, the hot toys ed 209 (1987) looks tiny beside this menacing military machine!
i have to grumble about some little cons:
-like any other high priced collectible toy (actually ~670€ in Germany!!, i got it in preorder for 579€) this item looks massive but it could be easily damaged
-the box looks great and robo is well protected but the little rifle tubes at his arms are even more fragile and i found one of them broken on the ground :( but i could fix it with some glue, so thats really no reason for me to return and 1 hour picky repack it into the box)
-the leg/arms/head movement is limited and beware of quick moves if u dont wanna damage your new expensive toy

-sorry about my poor english-:wink1:

i've bought it, and it's a beautiful figure, but i don't find any place in my collection for it.
what a pity.
it's still a great, great figure, it made me think threezero should make Robocain.

i'm still on the fence about this. i have the new version of ed and wanted this to pair with that, but not totally fully sold yet. maybe if down the line some discounts were offered, might make it easier for me to pull the trigger.

Back