1/6 Threezero - Netflix Stranger Things - Dustin Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeesh. It’s not dreadful but Eleven looks great so we can’t suddenly accept a drop in quality with the follow-up.
If they’re trying to build a line, consistency is key.
But- looking at how much they improved their TWD Maggie, I’m sure they can rework this to meet the mark.

He needs a sculpt with his dorky smile.

Dustin-stranger-things.jpg

He needs a sculpt with his dorky smile.

Hopefully he comes with two sculpts like Eleven.

As a group they'll need to have matching expressions, depending on the mood of the scene.

Plus if Threezero are reading the comments on their Facebook they'll be updating the one they've shown.

Pretty disappointed with how this one came out. It's $170 at BBTS, same price as Eleven which doesn't quite make sense. I guess he comes with extra accessories? The clothes are loose, which I think is how they're supposed to be, but his hands are so tiny in comparison.

Last edited:
This one is really troublesome, because the idea was to have the complete gang.

The problem with sculpts of young faces is that they lack the wrinkles or lines of an older face, which add detail and help to enhance the realism.

The smoothness of the skin doesn't help with photography either, so I hope that in hand and in less harsh light he takes on a different life. Without a light shining in his face, his cap peak ought to add a more flattering shadow. What makes the intense Eleven so good is that it captures the shadows in the photos, whereas the passive expression doesn't so much.

Shame Dustin doesn't come with an alternate expression either.

This is one of the few photos where you can see the sculpted lines of his cheeks either side of his nose:

Threezero Stranger Things Dustin 7.jpg

Most of the pictures have so much light that they make him look like he has a smooth, bloated face, like a smaller scale action figure.

5a05d3b99153322a008b464a.jpg

I dunno I actually don’t think it looks that bad. Not really sure if I’d get it because I’m more of a casual fan of the show. If I got one I’d have to at least get all the kids (if they get made).

Hmm. The eye shape is all wrong and is what kills it for me, but reflecting on Asta's point about young faces I can't think of too many young children characters in 1/6. Arya Stark is the youngest I can think of.

I thought Eleven was iffy and a little too "doll" like. This sculpt is miles more Barbie-like, just terrible. I've been planning to order Eleven but now am questioning doing so if this is the quality we're going to see. And those hands look weird too. Too small.

Sean

Last edited:
Ahh man, these new pics have not helped at all. Deluxe versions that come with a bike would really sell me on all the boys.

I didn't even think of that, would've been great to have.

I'm waffling but will probably end up ordering in the end. They're kids with smaller heads, so less room for details. I have a feeling on the shelf it'll be fine. We'll see I guess.

Back