1/6 Threezero Hellraiser III Pinhead

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know this is the ThreeZero thread but has anyone seen the Mezco Pinhead at NYCC? It looks completely different than the promo pics.

UJWtd6l.png

somebody hit the lights!!!

401 likes. <----LOL

That looks like a cosbaby pinhead lol. Look at the size of those pins. Wrong on so many levels. Unfortunate for people who had this on preorder.

So we went from this:

x800-2496.Jpg

to that:

I know this is the ThreeZero thread but has anyone seen the Mezco Pinhead at NYCC? It looks completely different than the promo pics.

UJWtd6l.png

The promo picture looked great aside from pin length, but this looks like a below average 6 inch action figure. I can see most, if not all, the pre-orders being cancelled.

I can't even believe this is true. This has to be the absolute worst prototype to production piece in collectibles history! :slap :lol

So we went from this:

x800-2496.Jpg

to that:

The promo picture looked great aside from pin length, but this looks like a below average 6 inch action figure. I can see most, if not all, the pre-orders being cancelled.
I couldn't help laughing seeing these two back to back. Goes from freaky and realistic to comical and cutesy.

I still think the 3z pinhead looks great.....I mean it's unfortunate that I'll have to wait probably 2 years to get him but still, looks great to me

Mezco just had to butcher the head to match the rest of the body lol. :lol:lol:lol

---

I figure a drop in quality for most figures, but this really is far beyond anything I would have expected. And it's sad because even if the underlying sculpt had been left alone maybe it would have been salvageable. But giant spikes on a crummy sculpt isn't doing anybody any favors.

Guess it will be 3A all the way.

Of all the horror characters Pinhead has always creeped me out. I can't even watch the Hellraiser films and I generally like horror films. Particularly ones made in the eighties.

I really wish the 3A Pinhead had a non-snarling sculpt; it looks good as-is, but I prefer a more stoic look for him.

Yeah, I'm with you. It's one of the interesting juxtapositions of Pinhead, that the pursuit of the extremes of pain and pleasure are what leads people to him, and what led to his creation in the first place, yet he is very rational and intelligent in his dealings. And those are defining traits of his. . .though changes throughout the series as it because wackier and less interesting may make this expression more appropriate.

Are we sure that is how the Medco looks now, that's hard to believe, it's not even close to how it looks before

Back