1/6 Threezero Hellraiser III Pinhead

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, got a surprise at work today. Pinhead Threezero came early. Not bad overall. Has a few flaws. Could use a bit of touch up repaint around eyes and a few other spots. I put as many pics as I could without going to crazy. One flaw is they didn't make a grip hand that holds the knives proper. The pins are thinner like they should be. I have the Mezco 1/6. Those pins are a bit thick. Pins are delicate, so be careful. The back pin hooks that go into the neck are not attached fully, so be really careful!! It is a plus that you can bend the legs and pose better than the statue like Mezco, but there's no stand included so you might wanna use that as a precaution. Except for the shoes and hands, the faux leather is all over and even underneath on the legs.
One thing that is great is that you can move the head and bend the legs for different poses, unlike the statue like Mezco version. Sorry for any blurry pics. My phone sucks sometimes. If anyone has questions let me know.
pin 1.jpg pin 2.jpg pin 5.jpg
pin 3.jpg pin 18.jpg pin 6.jpg
pin 7.jpg pin 8.jpg pin 10.jpg
pin 12.jpg pin 13.jpg pin 21.jpg
pin 4.jpg pin 16.jpg pinnny.jpg
pin 20.jpg

Just got mines today also! The pins on the head I think are good enough size for the scale.

yeah, it's not bad. Then again Hellraiser III pinhead has a different look than in I & II (which I think he looks much better in those first movies). The early movies the eyes are more fuller black. He could use a bit of paint touch up. I agree that the pins are in better scale, much better than the Mezco , but in favor of the Mezco, it's only 40.00 compared to 195.00.

How does it scale next to other 1/6 figures like Jason, Freddy or others? Correct scale? Thanks

How does it scale next to other 1/6 figures like Jason, Freddy or others? Correct scale? Thanks

It is same as say Jason Sideshow. Im at work with it, but I had a Sideshow Jason box here and I held it up to the outline of where Jason would go and it looks to be same height.
Hope that helps. I'll post another pic with him next to other figures for scale purposes when I get home later tonight.

Interesting. I think the head actually looks pretty good compared to the proto but at the same time the costume actually went down. The neck and chest area have been simplified which is a shame. Still will pic this up but now instead of working on the head a lot, appears it's the costume that will need the love.

I got mine yesterday as well and I must admit I was a bit underwhelmed. The only other Three Zero figure I own is Chappie, which is packed with detailed paint apps; the chest paint apps stood out as particularly not worth the hefty price tag for this figure. The entire neck and shoulder area could have had more character; he just looks off in that area to me; the torso does not lend itself to pose-ability either. While I appreciated the pose-ability of this figure, the fact that he has a skirt that doesn't drape properly compared to this figure's scale was a bit of a letdown; sleeves are a bit short too. Hot Toys has spoiled me and I would have appreciated metal tools, not plastic ones, even though the tools looked perfect. I'm glad to have a figure of this iconic character, but its really only cuz I missed out on the Sideshow statue, which looks way better than this

I had time today to get the figure into a pose before I put it in my Detolf. The figure's right arm sleeve is short. But both sleeves did end up being short because I am posing him like the Hellraiser movie poster. Another flaw about this figure is the torso skin section is hard to twist. The torso was too far off on one side when it came out of the box package. So I had to twist it back to center. That caused the chest costume section to crack. I posted a picture to show the issue. It is barely noticeable because the hands will cover it. As for the puffy robe, I used 2 small magnets to hold the excess material in the back. Now it looks fine. Overall I am really happy to have this 1/6 Pinhead figure.

IMG_0807.jpg

Here is more pics. Size comparisons of Threezero to Mezco and size against other 1/6. Here's some more pics. You be the judge. I think overall Threezero is better. Mezco captures the "shark eyes" look of Hellraiser I & II better. My opinion. With a tiny repaint Threezero will dominate. Price will be the only factor.
View attachment 319708 View attachment 319709
View attachment 319710 View attachment 319711
View attachment 319712

thanks for the pics but its not showing up

While I love how small and realistic they made the nails, I don't like the likeness or the expression they chose. I see way more Doug Bradley in the Mezco.

The back of the head part is hilarious. :lol
Threezero engineering department sucks ass.

Clearly there are some flaws with this figure but damn, that is one challenging costume to produce, let alone on mass.
I feel like they should have done with a mixture of sculpted and fabric parts.

All though I'm not as talented as you Rob (and I'm not being sarcastic, I really mean your a true talent!) I added bit of touch up to the eyes by adding more black and shading the blue a bit darker around the eyes. I wet the teeth, highlighted the lines a bit. Added a bit to the fingers, and subtle blood to the weapons. It looks not bad overall as a figure to me.
It's like you said, look at what they had to produce as far as an outfit on a massive scale. That's a lot of work.
I'm happy overall. I think people would still find a flaw if Doug Bradley hand delivered it. They would say he didn't hand it to them like he would have in the movies or something of that nature.
pinney.jpg pinney 2.jpg

I plan on getting this to see what I can do. I like all but the chest area. The head has plenty there to work work with. The Mezco is pretty good but its way under scale and doesnt look right on my shelf.

Back