Threezero Ghost In The Shell License

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Second here. First was Caiman from Dorohedoro. I'm really torn on the followup figure in that line. I'd like it, but for the price and space it'll take up I don't know if I need it. But will I regret later if I don't and will the line continue to characters I'd like more without every bit of support? But the Major, no questions asked that was a day one PO.

I have regretted not getting some collectibles but I can't get everything I want; I ain't made outta money and I don't own a mansion (just a little shack) to house them all! :lol

If ThreeZero releases the Great Wall Commander Lin Mae on schedule then the Major will be my second ThreeZero sixth scale figure. :)

Just saw the movie and I kinda want a Major figure, do you guys think they'll ever do one with a skin tight suit? That's the prefered look, for me anyway.

I wish. It's definitely her most iconic look.

I'm surprised they didn't just design her base body to look like it, and have three looks in one.

Just saw the movie and I kinda want a Major figure, do you guys think they'll ever do one with a skin tight suit? That's the prefered look, for me anyway.

You might look into the 1/6 MTime statue if you are willing to forego the articulation.

Oddly, I'm most interested in the street look. I have a fascination with that Blade Runner-like near future city, and would love to do a diorama of that with lights and all.

Watched this again in 4K tonight. I really think this movie received far more flack than it should have. I agree it's not perfect, but no movie is. It's far better than some of the crud that has come out this year.

Watched this again in 4K tonight. I really think this movie received far more flack than it should have. I agree it's not perfect, but no movie is. It's far better than some of the crud that has come out this year.

I agree 100! Wish there was more product for this

I agree with both comments.

I'm with Wah, I wish there were more collectibles for this movie.

I agree with both comments.

I'm with Wah, I wish there were more collectibles for this movie.

Too true.

I think the "White washing label was the poisoned pill that did it in. It couldve been better yes but was still very entertaining and had great special effects. Bato, his car, and Major would've made superb HT releases if the filmed had been embraced and they had the license.

Any actual fan of GiTS who cried out about whitewashing just showed they never really understood what GiTS was about in the first place. Mamoru Oshii said himself that the controversy was not in the spirit of the source material.

If Threezero get a Batou out, I'll be overjoyed.

Too true.

I think the "White washing label was the poisoned pill that did it in. It couldve been better yes but was still very entertaining and had great special effects. Bato, his car, and Major would've made superb HT releases if the filmed had been embraced and they had the license.

I agree. I think Momaw said it best...

Any actual fan of GiTS who cried out about whitewashing just showed they never really understood what GiTS was about in the first place. Mamoru Oshii said himself that the controversy was not in the spirit of the source material.

If Threezero get a Batou out, I'll be overjoyed.

This. :lecture

Watched the movie yesterday & thought it was pretty good. The screenplay was a mash-up with characters and scenes from the first & second movie as well as elements of Stand Alone Complex & some slight nods to the Arise series (mostly her hair cut and that red suit when she went into the mob den). The director was obviously a fan, so that's pretty cool.

Enjoyed the movie, good nod to the source. Interested to see how 3Zero go with the final offering.

The original anime movie is perfect. And if you want to talk about perfect cyberpunk movies, Blade Runner is perfect. As are many others.

There are many posts on other forums, along with articles, and videos which talk about the controversy better than I could. At least this morning. The fact that they addressed the problem that many people had originally in the actual film as a "reveal twist" speaks for itself.

And the anime movie's director was a paid consultant, he's not going to disagree with what he's selling.

The original anime movie is perfect. And if you want to talk about perfect cyberpunk movies, Blade Runner is perfect. As are many others.

I have to respectfully disagree; any movie being labeled "perfect" is subjective IMO. While I love Blade Runner and the original GitS I don't find it perfect at all.

There are many posts on other forums, along with articles, and videos which talk about the controversy better than I could. At least this morning. The fact that they addressed the problem that many people had originally in the actual film as a "reveal twist" speaks for itself.

And the anime movie's director was a paid consultant, he's not going to disagree with what he's selling.

Other forums, videos, whatever can discuss all they want. If you claim whitewashing, you are buying into an agenda not in the spirit of GiTS period. Sometimes political correctness is just a farce for those looking to be offended. This is one of those cases. And I say that as someone strongly opposed to a majority of western remakes made simply to sell a story to people to lazy to read subtitles. All the Oscars in the world don't elevate The Departed beyond a pale shadow of Infernal Affairs (where was the white washing controversy there? Oh that's right, it was before everyone go offended at everything for the sake of being offended), and don't get me started on what they passed off as Oldboy. GiTS was one of those rare occasions they actually pulled off something worthy of the source material but the PC brigade have their agenda they must force down everyone's throats the truth be damned.

Back