Threezero Ghost In The Shell License

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to respectfully disagree; any movie being labeled "perfect" is subjective IMO. While I love Blade Runner and the original GitS I don't find it perfect at all.

Many of the movies that people here and elsewhere continue to want statues and figures for are well regarded as perfect or as close as you can get to perfection. They are usually recognized by film institutes and organizations as well. From films like Raiders of the Lost Ark, Alien, Aliens, Star Wars Original Trilogy, Ghostbusters, Terminator 1 & 2, and the list goes on. So yes I believe there are perfect movies.

Other forums, videos, whatever can discuss all they want. If you claim whitewashing, you are buying into an agenda not in the spirit of GiTS period. Sometimes political correctness is just a farce for those looking to be offended. This is one of those cases. And I say that as someone strongly opposed to a majority of western remakes made simply to sell a story to people to lazy to read subtitles. All the Oscars in the world don't elevate The Departed beyond a pale shadow of Infernal Affairs (where was the white washing controversy there? Oh that's right, it was before everyone go offended at everything for the sake of being offended), and don't get me started on what they passed off as Oldboy. GiTS was one of those rare occasions they actually pulled off something worthy of the source material but the PC brigade have their agenda they must force down everyone's throats the truth be damned.

Well it's night time but I'm still not going to go too far into it. The agenda if you want to notice one was that of the movie studio and producers wanting to make a profit. That's the truth. Which is fine, they are a business. But when they start lying and putting out misrepresentations to sell a movie, that's the true agenda. It's not a claim of whitewashing as the movie is pretty much the definition of movie whitewashing. Which is when you take a character and turn them into another race. In this case a white person. And let's not forget they did it with both of the main characters. I could go on with what they did even more but it should be obvious.

The movie isn't even close to the "spirit" of Ghost in the Shell. As many fans rightfully pointed out, it's an empty shell of a movie with the only barely good parts being the ones taken from the original. And even those are better in the original. Scarlett's character and portrayal isn't even the character from the movie, tv, or manga series aside from those ripped off sequences. So I don't know how you think it's in the same spirit as Ghost in the Shell.

I hate the new thing of people throwing around terms like political correctness and being offended to cover other beliefs when it's none of that. What it is, is a studio and producers who didn't want to cast an Asian or even Eurasian to play a popular character with an Asian background. They didn't even consider it. But they'll sell it in all kinds of ways to the point of lying and saying that's how Hollywood works. And then we'll have a stupid scene in the movie where we find out what all fans of the character already knew. Which is that she's Japanese. But because another important character in the actual movie thinks the whitewashing is ok we as viewers should too.

I'm glad the movie was a failure as it's a poor movie that is not even close to the original and was only interested in sequels and profit. Thankfully none of those things happened.

And all that sounds completely reasonable...

...if you only have a shallow understanding of the core conceits of GiTS.

I never liked the original anime film but I really enjoyed the live action movie...watched it agin last night as a matter of fact and it almost made me pull the trigger on the 3z figure, almost

Many of the movies that people here and elsewhere continue to want statues and figures for are well regarded as perfect or as close as you can get to perfection. They are usually recognized by film institutes and organizations as well. From films like Raiders of the Lost Ark, Alien, Aliens, Star Wars Original Trilogy, Ghostbusters, Terminator 1 & 2, and the list goes on. So yes I believe there are perfect movies.

Again I respectfully disagree; anything being labeled "perfect" is subjective.

I never liked the original anime film but I really enjoyed the live action movie...watched it agin last night as a matter of fact and it almost made me pull the trigger on the 3z figure, almost

I pulled the trigger as soon as ThreeZero put the Major up. I'm weak like that. :lol

I almost did too and I like the ex street clothes look I just really wanted there to be the optic camo look...the lack of optic camo is the only thing keeping me from buying (well that and a mile long preorder list already :thud: )

Just watched the movie, it was pretty good, reminded me a lot of Blade Runner. I'm still wondering why there is no stealth suit figure? I would PO that in a second. You would think another company would make that body if 3Z doesn't.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I would love s.a.c. version with a coat. Hope they will follow s.a.c. if they ever make part two.

Надіслано від мого HUAWEI TIT-U02, використовуючи Tapatalk

I wish prime1 grabs this license. I know they have the anime license but I want them to have this movie license as well. What they could do would be amazing.

Well after watching the blu-ray, I have ordered the exclusive version and am beyond stoked. I love the fact that we are getting 2 outfits for a good price.

Three-Zero, PLEASE release a Batou and Thermoptic suit Major and you will get 2 more orders from me... k thanks.

Oh and this movie is completely underrated.

I wish prime1 grabs this license. I know they have the anime license but I want them to have this movie license as well. What they could do would be amazing.

Have they actually done anything with the GITS licence yet? I remember a brief fuss over the fact they'd got a bajillion licences, but AFAIK they've done basically nothing with them so far.

I don't think P1 has done anything with GitS. I didn't even know they had the license. Was that supposed to be included in their "Anime World" lineup?

A Major inspired by the original anime from Prime1 would be badass.

Saw the movie yesterday. Visually amazing. Action bits were good, music fits. Perhaps not 'classic' Hollywood enough for a big boxoffice hit, but I enjoyed it.
Honestly, I do not understand the backlash. Sure, the main character is not Asian (Motoko is though, take that hah), plenty of others characters are. The cast together felt good to me. Major, Batou, Kuzu and Daisuke (the old guy), all awesome IMO.

I had no issue with the cast, the white washing, or anything like that, the film just so............average. Its very one note, watchable enough but nothing special really.

I don't think P1 has done anything with GitS. I didn't even know they had the license. Was that supposed to be included in their "Anime World" lineup?

A Major inspired by the original anime from Prime1 would be badass.

Yeh, I remember GITS - presumably meaning the 95 anime - being among those listed at the time.

call it blasphemy but i actually enjoy the live action more than the original GITS. few things i did not like was the cheap 3D environment design of the city which Blade Runner still way superior. they took away the slumpy look of the city.

also the most of the conversations between the doctor were boring.

and the fact they made the timeline only 1 year passed makes little sense.

other than that i can say it's the best cartoon/game to live action full length movie up to date.

I don't get why majority viewers including Kojima disliked it. Am i the only one who dislike Transformers Live actions?

The way they made Kuzu looks very similar to Raiden. Modifying the story adds a nice touch, but i wished the last sniping scene was more epic.

Anyway was that an RX-7 Aramaki was driving, and did he switch to an NSX?

In terms of enjoyment, Live action was a good entertainment. Original was good but difficult to understand. Standalone was great, but abit too heavy, but i still like Innocence most. The comic was good but too much on technical stuffs. The 3D remake of the original sucks.

another 2 things i really hate about this movie:

1.The Flashes during the stun baton fight underground. I'm amazed no one had seizure yet. it was such an eye sore imagine watching it in pitch black room.

2.The are you human part where Motoko test out the human touch. they could have gotten another girl though. nothing personal but i find that close up scene unbearable to watch.

Back