ThreeZero Game of Thrones!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Star Wars is the most exciting thing from Hot Toys in a long time (OK, Alien and Back to the Future are super cool too if you plan to get them). But even their Star Wars releases have been hit and miss. Chewbacca by far the most exciting of the pre-orders and now Luke and Leia teases are getting things bubbling. But compared to what Threezero has been doing... If you're a fan of these properties, there's simply no comparison. This isn't just more of the same old same old (HT Depp/DC/Marvel). IMO, when they debut the main cast in their Walking Dead line they're going to blow up.

Now I have to get back to my campaign to see if they'll take on some other TV licenses... Mad Men, Twin Peaks, Justified and Banshee. Even one of those would be cool. I personally don't need more than 2-3 figures for each of those lines.

Since Hottoys are not taking on TV licenses, its great that Threezero are filling this void. Im glad they are doing Breaking Bad as well as The Walking Dead. Plus I look forward to what other surprises they will show from this genre. Personally I love how they are tackling the games and anime/manga stuff as well. Certainly ticking alot of my boxes. Now I have more threezero preorders more than anything on my list. Just shows how much of an appeal they are to me right now.

It would be interesting to see if Hot Toys will eventually make figures based on Marvel shows and with Marvel shows I sure as hell mean Daredevil.

I also like a lot the licenses threezero is taking, they are doing a great job although I feel bad for TWD fans, something must be happening that has put the line in a temporary hold, I don't believe that theory about giving priority to other big licenses anymore since they are also working on some obscure properties like RWBY and Dorohedoro...

Also for anyone interested in the book description of the iron throne....View attachment 185202
got-grrm-iron-throne-illustration.png

Those are great. I remember reading on GRRMS's blog some time ago that the bottom painting is how he envisaged it. I love the show version. It's become iconic. But it's too symmetrical looking and 'neat' compared to the book version. You're always hearing about how King Aerys II was cutting his legs and hands on the throne and had scabs all over the place. Even Joffrey was cutting himself sometimes. It was easy yo hurt yourself on the Iron Throne. That doesn't look to be the case with the show version. It literally has knobs as hand rests ( which I quite like). So yeah, I love both, but both are very different.

Speaking of the Mad King I'd love to see a short flashback clip of him.

I read somewhere that they actually shot quite a few flashbacks with Aerys but they got cut from season 1.

Yeah, I think I heard something like that. It's weird that they were never released as extra if true, no? Anyway, I got the 'New Preording List' email from BBTS. Dark Horse is making a Titan of Braavos statue......for $200! :lol Weird choice. I dig the Titan statue and it's interesting position when you enter Braavos and all but come on. :lol

Well if you absolutely insist on taking the responsibility, the small council agrees, you should depart for threezero headquarters immediately. Now we need many questions answered with regards to armor, character designs, and most importantly if they will be expanding the line with another wave. We'll send Ser Mandon to make sure the job is completed fully.
tumblr_m4qshuholU1qiyseco1_250.gif
But really how were they approached last time when they did the Q and A?
That Hero Club throne is enticing. Wish we new if Threezero was going to make one though.

Is this one out yet? I looked a little bit but couldn't find much. Found it for sale at one site for $225.

I've seen a few people with it on OSR. They were all Asian collectors though... I've only seen it available on one site too. Too nervous to buy it, too lazy to ask people if it's legit or where they got theirs.

Dark Horse's isn't even in scale though, is it? Makes it a bit pointless to have for figures. It was more of a display piece.

I just read that it was 14" tall. It was Dark Horse and Valyrian Steel, I guess. Not the 7" Dark Horse throne. The HBO replica is 7'2", which would be about 14.3" in scale. Seems like it'd be close enough.

It looks roughly in scale compared to the Tyrion figure. I can't say its 100% exact, but it doesn't look out of the ordinary either.

I have the Dark Horse throne, this new one looks like a recast, so itll be in the same scale, which is small, but still works for a cool display. The rectangular shape of the back is a problem too, it should be more circular. The dark horse one is long gone though, folks would have no alternative but to get the new bootleg.

DSC_0046.jpg

Last edited:
Just out of curiosity, has Threezero ever released any female figures? Just wondering if they have any experience with it... Should they do Dany with rooted or sculpted hair?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

this new one looks like a recast

I have had trouble finding high resolution pictures of the Dark Horse throne but I don't think it looks like a recast. The bootleg one looks much better actually.

Besides, if the 48 cm (18.9") measurement that's stated in most places selling it is correct it will be much larger.

Iron throne.jpg

Does anyone have a good picture of the Dark Horse?

Last edited:
Back