ThreeZero Game of Thrones!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
when people think dany will skip into kings landing, and sit on the thrown, this quote comes to mind....

"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention"

-Ramsey snow

I don't think that it will all end with "..and then they lived happily ever after.", but why waste even a minute of time on her if she won't some day land in Westeros and start to do some serious damage? The same thing can be said of Bran Stark. His whole story (as seen on TV, I haven't read the books) is just a big waste of time if there isn't some kind of payoff before it all ends.

If Martin has any brains, this series will never end. Let it run 20 - 30 years like daytime soaps. Or the Simpsons.

I will be surprised if Martin survives long enough to finish the books. I don't know how old he is, but he is looking old and very overweight.

I do think the show will catch up to his books anyway, considering we're already in book 4 and we only have 5 released. I know they are thick books, but not sure how long they can drag the show out.

I'm just disappointed the have deleted a character that I thought would have played a very important part further down the line.

Aren't they supposed to pass the books in season six or is it already season five? There must be tons of stuff already that's been changed but at least on the whole it was based on the books. I'm a little worried what will happen when tv producers and writers get free reign to do their own stuff. Movies and tv are full of stuff that's based on a perfectly good book or comic book or whatever and then for no reason everything is changed up by someone who really doesn't get it and the end result suffers badly.

I checked and George RR Martin is only 66 but I remember I heard that he is a very slow typist and uses some old computer so every book takes several years to complete. If I were the book publisher or HBO I would hire a whole army of typists that would follow him 24/7 to be ready at any time the guy gets inspired and wants to do some writing.

Aren't they supposed to pass the books in season six or is it already season five? There mus be tons of stuff already that's been changed but at least on the whole it was based on the books. I'm a little worried what will happen when tv producers and writers get free reign to do their own stuff. Movies and tv are full of stuff that's based on a perfectly good book or comic book or whatever and then for no reason everything is changed up by someone who really doesn't get it and the end result suffers badly.

I checked and George RR Martin is only 66 but I remember I heard that he is a very slow typist and uses some old computer so every book takes several years to complete. If I were the book publisher or HBO I would hire a whole army of typists that would follow him 24/7 to be ready at any time the guy gets inspired and wants to do some writing.

Just going by where they are in the story they'll be all caught up with the books at the end of this season, I think. Or so close it won't make a difference.The next book won't be out by the time they start shooting next season. They only problem I would have with that is if there are big spoilers to be in the show prior to being read in the book. I think they'll find a way around that though.

I don't know what GRRM uses are far as writing goes but I've heard him on several occasions state that he simply writes at his own pace. That, and re-writes. Those are the things that takes so much time.

Doesn't matter. They will do some revisions on the story but like the Walking Dead, deviate from it a bit. I've read that the producers know the general direction the story will go and will be ahead of the last book(s). The good thing is, they cut soooo much detail out of the story in the show, they both kinda stand on their own.

What I would like to see is them end the story and start doing the prequels. I'd like to see the First Men, the Children of the Forest and the rise of the Targarians and the great dragons of old...then the rebellion. :yess: Young Ned, Robert and Tywin. The battle between Little Finger and Ned's brother for Catelyn. Rob fall in love with Ned's sister and then lose her to the war. All great stuff. Many many stories let to be told. This could go on for some time if they wanted it to.

The producers want the show to go seven seasons, but HBO wants ten. It will be interesting to see how far they draw this story out and how loyal the audience will be. I love the show, but at times--like last night--I feel like we're getting the story in excruciatingly bite-size bits because of the sheer number of characters and subplots to service.

Season 5 is books 4 and 5 correct? Those are the 2 I haven't read, but from what I have heard, these 2 books only contain some of the characters. 4 is Tyrion and 5 is Dany.
Martin split the stories of the characters between the 2 books, but the show is meshing them together.

The producers want the show to go seven seasons, but HBO wants ten. It will be interesting to see how far they draw this story out and how loyal the audience will be. I love the show, but at times--like last night--I feel like we're getting the story in excruciatingly bite-size bits because of the sheer number of characters and subplots to service.

Agreed. Last night moved the story like 2 inches...

Title

They are still sticking to their statement of late April/very beginning of May for Ned's shipping.

Really impatient for this figure :gah: I hope we get to see the first photos by Hong Kong collector's soon so it will make the wait for the exclusive way easier...

Re: Title

They are still sticking to their statement of late April/very beginning of May for Ned's shipping.

Really impatient for this figure :gah: I hope we get to see the first photos by Hong Kong collector's soon so it will make the wait for the exclusive way easier...

Yeah, I asked them and they said April/Very Beginning of May. At least they aren't saying just May in general lol

Back