ThreeZero Game of Thrones!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW!!! This comes as a total surprise... not just S5 Daenerys but... well, the once again seemingly lackluster figure presented. Why is she so hard? And why didn't they do one of her more dramatic later season outfits?

Anyway -- even greater news is also confirming Sansa, Jorah, Robb Stark, The Mountain and Khal Drogo!

The Add Toys Drogo will have to be outstanding now for me to risk double dipping. They must be pissed.

Wow. Really surprising to get such a full announcement! I was expecting one or two new figures, but this is great.

Not crazy about that look for Daenerys, but it's pretty obvious they're trying to move a few of those crazy-expensive Drogons they've no doubt got sitting around collecting dust.

Not super excited about the mixed media hair on this one (I think it works better on dark-haired characters), but there's no way they could do the complicated braiding as a mass produced figure. Just wish the color matched better between the sculpted and rooted.

Overall, not bad. I'll pick her up.

That's a pretty good announcement line-up. Will pick up Daenerys, Sansa, Robb, Khal Drogo and the Mountain. I've never been crazy about Jorah, but I know the character has fans. Hopefully Daenerys will be in better scale. The flat paints don't do these figures any favors. Going with mixed media for the hair is understandable given the complexity of the style, but textures needs to blend more seamlessly.

Maybe Xensation will fill in some of the other GoT characters like King Robert Baratheon, Littlefinger, Varys, Ygritte, Oberyn & Missandei

curious if people prefer the Mountain in gold armor (also shown in video) or black Queensguard armor. I almost think I'd prefer the black armor

Nope... I want the Gold Armor all the way! Ser Gregor was much more creepy in that ill-fitting armor rather than the Darth Vader look he had later.

Yeah, it has subtitles available. Although she's always Khaleesi, even at the end so that doesn't really mean anything.

The subtitles say literally "The next will be Sansa Stark, followed by Jorah (Mormont), Robb Stark, The Mountain and Khal Drogo and Khaleesi". And the image shows them both in the same scene, so I understand it means Daenerys as Khaleesi in season 1. As it's said, it sounds like a 2-pack actually, but I doubt that'll be the case. Of course I could be reading too much on that quick video.

Subtitles :slap... silly me.

I'm surprised by no Littlefinger but certainly Xensation and Add Toys are taking note here too with opportunities.

I'm going to need to clear out a new detolf shelf for the coming figures.

Robb and Sansa Stark :yess:

Just when I was starting to lose interest in the line. Will finally have a near complete Stark family collection. Too bad they can't get Dany right though:(

Limited release to 1500 pieces. Guessing they will do a later season Daenerys then since this is just a quick sell.

CQ52M9m.png

Full Lannister family nearly too. You could always splat some ketchup at the bottom of your detolf and call it Tommen.

Yes sir I have them too. Even ordered an extra Jaime in Lannister armor to have the option of displaying Tywin that way. Can't say I need Tommen or Rickon. The biggest hole left in either family is Catelyn Stark and you have to draw the line somewhere when collecting toys. And she is the line.

I could probably see a need for younger Cersei, but I doubt 3Z could pull off a decent sculpt with her long hair.

Might not be a popular opinion but I really like the sculpt for Dany. A good re-paint and a re-hair and I think it will look really good (probably the best available option including the custom ones that are floating around). I also like the symmetry of Dany in white with Drogo and Jon in Black Crow outfit with Ghost, would make for a cool display (gah I had previously talked myself out of that dragon haha!).

Might not be a popular opinion but I really like the sculpt for Dany. A good re-paint and a re-hair and I think it will look really good (probably the best available option including the custom ones that are floating around). I also like the symmetry of Dany in white with Drogo and Jon in Black Crow outfit with Ghost, would make for a cool display (gah I had previously talked myself out of that dragon haha!).

Realistically most people aren't going to repaint and re-hair their figure though. I don't think it looks good personally, she looks way too baby faced and round.

I agree with this... except that repaint and rehairing will be costly if you can't do it yourself. I can't so I think I might wait to see what other Daenerys they have coming. Khaleesi is mentioned but might be a translation mistake. S7 or S8 I think is likely, unless ThreeZero wants to stay away from the unpopular last Season. Wish I knew.

I also think the cut-and-sew on this looks a bit cheap. Compared to the more extravagant outfits of late. My purchase will wholly depend on the price for this.

All I know if my GoT display right now has way too much black in it... and Sansa, Tormund and Arya will not alleviate that.

Not the hugest fan of Game of Thrones, but I wouldn’t mind certain key characters like Daenerys. Probably won’t get her though.

Not sure what the resale value of GoT is... not much judging from the figure sales... it says 1500 limited edition... I wonder if they've sold 1500 Joffreys or Briennes? Seems like a high number for a limited edition.

Back