ThreeZero Game of Thrones!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure what the resale value of GoT is... not much judging from the figure sales... it says 1500 limited edition... I wonder if they've sold 1500 Joffreys or Briennes? Seems like a high number for a limited edition.

But this is a "limited" run of 1500 :panic:

The other runs of 1500 weren't limited;)

Not sure what the resale value of GoT is... not much judging from the figure sales... it says 1500 limited edition... I wonder if they've sold 1500 Joffreys or Briennes? Seems like a high number for a limited edition.

1:6 figure sales have always been a mystery to me since the companies rarely disclose them and most figures do not have a limited edition count.

I thought I heard speculation a few years ago that the better selling figures (like any Iron Man from Hot Toys) are in the low tens of thousands range (10,000 - 30,000). But most figures are significantly less than that, perhaps 5,000 tops, with most way less than even that - this 1/6 hobby will always remain somewhat niche considering the entry level for each figure is $250-ish.

As for Threezero, I have no clue if a 1,500 run for Dany Season 5 is low or high.

Generally speaking 1,500 seems low (relative to the bigger companies) but I do not believe Threezero has much of a market penetration even with such a mainstream brand as popular as Game of Thrones.

As a collector in this niche hobby, I like Threezero and their work with outfits/accessories (big boots aside) but their headsculpts are hit and miss - Tyrion was pretty good but I had to get a replacement head for Jon Snow.

But their products are excellent with other franchises - those diecast Transformers are next level and their recent GI Joe and Power Ranger preorders seem like great bang for the buck.

Asmus is lucky to sell 1500 on LOTR. Some of their non-major characters they only make 500.

I imagine GoT to be on par with LOTR, if they are lucky. So 1500 is high... or average for a top tier character. But it is not low as 'limited' would imply.

Asmus is lucky to sell 1500 on LOTR. Some of their non-major characters they only make 500.

I imagine GoT to be on par with LOTR, if they are lucky. So 1500 is high... or average for a top tier character. But it is not low as 'limited' would imply.

Yeah exactly my thoughts.

1500 seems like a pretyy standard size for many figures, it is the number you read the most for non-hot toys companies if you ever get some numbers. So this isn't very "limited" edition. More like a special edition.

Would be nice to know, right?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

I asked for a timeframe on Facebook but ThreeZero never responded.

Presumably this will be available either Friday or Saturday (since HK is around 16-hours ahead of the U.S).

1:6 figure sales have always been a mystery to me since the companies rarely disclose them and most figures do not have a limited edition count.

I thought I heard speculation a few years ago that the better selling figures (like any Iron Man from Hot Toys) are in the low tens of thousands range (10,000 - 30,000). But most figures are significantly less than that, perhaps 5,000 tops, with most way less than even that - this 1/6 hobby will always remain somewhat niche considering the entry level for each figure is $250-ish.

As for Threezero, I have no clue if a 1,500 run for Dany Season 5 is low or high.

Generally speaking 1,500 seems low (relative to the bigger companies) but I do not believe Threezero has much of a market penetration even with such a mainstream brand as popular as Game of Thrones.

As a collector in this niche hobby, I like Threezero and their work with outfits/accessories (big boots aside) but their headsculpts are hit and miss - Tyrion was pretty good but I had to get a replacement head for Jon Snow.

But their products are excellent with other franchises - those diecast Transformers are next level and their recent GI Joe and Power Ranger preorders seem like great bang for the buck.

There's a guy in a FB group that somehow search port logs and has found some Sideshow case information for deliveries. The last one he posted a couple of days ago brought the total (so far) of Beskar Mandalorians to around 11,000 in the US. So not counting any Hong Kong release etc. Last shipment of Heavy Mandos he estimated 6-7,000 of them so far. Pretty interesting seeing real time numbers.

There's a guy in a FB group that somehow search port logs and has found some Sideshow case information for deliveries. The last one he posted a couple of days ago brought the total (so far) of Beskar Mandalorians to around 11,000 in the US. So not counting any Hong Kong release etc. Last shipment of Heavy Mandos he estimated 6-7,000 of them so far. Pretty interesting seeing real time numbers.

That is interesting, assuming he's for real.

Total so far of 'Beskar Mandalorians'... is that all Mandos or just the newest v2?

Heavy Mando seems high to me. But if that's what it is then no wonder HT went Mando crazy with POs.

What are the profit margins on these figures to make it worthwhile to make a finished product to sell (to the end consumer)?

500 to 1,500 figures produced really puts things in perspective and shows just how small and niche this hobby is - considering the enormous GOT/LOTR fanbase, which is in the millions.

If ThreeZero sells all 1,500 Daenerys figures at $200 each = $300,000.

Basically a doctor's annual salary - that does not seem like much considering all the expenses (even when amortized across several products) and people along the process taking a cut of the pie (for GOT/LOTR figures).

- License fees (HBO, WB)
- Likeness fees (actor or their estates)
- R&D
- Overhead (rent/mortgage for the building, utilities, etc.)
- Salary (artists, office & administrative, etc.)
- Labor (factory)
- Raw Materials (for figures and the packaging)
- Distribution & Shipping (SSC)

For Daenerys, they might be re-using material and R&D from the previous figure, which would save on expenses. But figures like Sansa or Tormund have to be built from scratch.

What are the profit margins on these figures to make it worthwhile to make a finished product to sell (to the end consumer)?

500 to 1,500 figures produced really puts things in perspective and shows just how small and niche this hobby is - considering the enormous GOT/LOTR fanbase, which is in the millions.

If ThreeZero sells all 1,500 Daenerys figures at $200 each = $300,000.

Basically a doctor's annual salary - that does not seem like much considering all the expenses (even when amortized across several products) and people along the process taking a cut of the pie (for GOT/LOTR figures).

- License fees (HBO, WB)
- Likeness fees (actor or their estates)
- R&D
- Overhead (rent/mortgage for the building, utilities, etc.)
- Salary (artists, office & administrative, etc.)
- Labor (factory)
- Raw Materials (for figures and the packaging)
- Distribution & Shipping (SSC)

For Daenerys, they might be re-using material and R&D from the previous figure, which would save on expenses. But figures like Sansa or Tormund have to be built from scratch.

It is a volume business... not for one-offs. They look at the value of the entire license over time.

Also, these figures don't cost anywhere near their retail price to manufacture.

52008B55-02CC-4DF0-A19C-354AA21C679F.jpg

In other news, TZ have confirmed on Ista that both Tormund and Arya are due to ship later this month. Let’s hope that’s true!

That is interesting, assuming he's for real.

Total so far of 'Beskar Mandalorians'... is that all Mandos or just the newest v2?

Heavy Mando seems high to me. But if that's what it is then no wonder HT went Mando crazy with POs.

The total is for both regular and deluxe Beskar Mandos, but not including the first release. I looked back at his past posts and he estimated 9,800 original Mandos.

View attachment 510940

In other news, TZ have confirmed on Ista that both Tormund and Arya are due to ship later this month. Let’s hope that’s true!

They're just echoing what's on their release schedule. Since nothing has been officially delayed they're sticking to it for now. There's absolutely zero chance of them releasing 2 GOT figures in the next 16 days.

Is Pre made as Threezero stated in their FB post means these figures are ready to ship out as soon as the preorders come in?

Back