ThreeZero Game of Thrones!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These guys seem to be working on a mind-bogglingl assortment of characters from many licenses, surely this has to be the most product they've ever had in the pipeline at any one time.

WRT to the show, Season 4 is off to a solid start.

Have to say I don't get the Robb love. I do from the ladies but as a guy I don't get it. Guy led a lot of people including his own mother to her death because he wouldn't listen to anyone and made mistake after mistake. Frey was kinda right when he said love blinded him. He lost sight of avenging his father once he found out he was going to be one himself. Even in that last moment he couldn't see what was about to happen.

A good dozen figures I'd want before him.

Meh, you could say a lot of those same things about Ned Stark. Game of Thrones characters really seem to polarize people. :lol

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

Oh, and Frey didn't say love blinded him. He did say that he didn't blame him and 'would have broken a thousand oaths to get into that.' :lol The dude they got to play Lord Frey is perfect.Every line is filled with ridicule and hilarity.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

Have to say I don't get the Robb love. I do from the ladies but as a guy I don't get it. Guy led a lot of people including his own mother to her death because he wouldn't listen to anyone and made mistake after mistake. Frey was kinda right when he said love blinded him. He lost sight of avenging his father once he found out he was going to be one himself. Even in that last moment he couldn't see what was about to happen.

A good dozen figures I'd want before him.
He outsmarted Tywin Lannister, captured the Kingslayer, and was kicking Lannister *** all over the place. He made a few mistakes, but don't forget all the success he had. It's easy to sit back, watch the story play out then say what he should have done differently but that's a luxury the characters don't have. He had to make decisions then and there and hope for the best. For someone that young with no prior warfare/leading experience he did a hell of a job.

That plus the fact that he was a very noble and honorable man like his father are the reasons he's my favorite character. You could argue that he wasn't honorable because he didn't marry the Frey daughter, but then I would say that Walder Frey is a **** and should have let Robb pass without forcing him to wed anyone. :lol

In the end Talisa was what screwed everything up for him. I assume she was his first love, and the love he felt for her blinded him and because of this he held her above everything else which was his downfall. Honestly though I don't think anyone would have predicted the depths of Frey's betrayal. Even Catelyn didn't expect him to go that far. Everyone pretty much figured it was much more likely that Frey would give Robb his men and everything would work out.

Rickard Karstark said it best "I think you lost this war the day you married her".

There are plenty of characters that make mistakes in the show but I always see people singling out Robb for some reason. Put Jon Snow in Robb's position and they all would have been dead in the first battle.

"You insult yourself Kingslayer. You've been defeated by a boy. You're held captive by a boy. Perhaps you'll be killed by a boy." Badass. :rock

Jamie's a free man, and the Starks are wiped out. No army, no sons(that can carry on the namesake) I think, can Bran feel his...ya know? I kinda like Jon now more than I did in previous seasons but not saying he could have done better. I frankly am not very taken by any of the Stark characters and never have been much aside from Arya and Bran. And Bran is more of just an interest in where his powers are going more than a like for his overall character.

You guys know the show is a work of fiction right? Just checking.

No way man. You didn't learn about this stuff in history?

The only disappointing thing in last night's episode was the replacement of the actor playing, and complete re-imagning of, the character Daario Naharis. The funny bit is that only seconds before we see him, I thought to myself, that I'm really digging that they haven't replaced any actors. ;)

The replacing of actors can really kill a franchise. I don't think it's gong to have any effect here as the character is minor in the grand scheme of things. But in contrast, a great recent example, Spartacus was never the same with the passing of its lead, and the issue made only worse by the replacement of other actors.

The only disappointing thing in last night's episode was the replacement of the actor playing, and complete re-imagning of, the character Daario Naharis. The funny bit is that only seconds before we see him, I thought to myself, that I'm really digging that they haven't replaced any actors. ;)

The replacing of actors can really kill a franchise. I don't think it's gong to have any effect here as the character is minor in the grand scheme of things. But in contrast, a great recent example, Spartacus was never the same with the passing of its lead, and the issue made only worse by the replacement of other actors.

Agreed. But in this case, I didn't really mind the new Daario. I think I might like this actor a bit better. The previous guy was a little too cartoonishly handsome. (Even The Missus would chuckle whenever he'd saunter in and flip his hair.) To me, this new guy feels a bit more like he's part of that universe and less like an underwear model. :lol

But if you want to talk replacing actors ... this season I think they'll actually be on the third guy playing The Mountain! That character has been like the Grizwald kids in the Vacation movies! He's only been in a handful of scenes throughout the series, but almost every single time, it's a different guy! :lol

I agree with Bucky. The old Daario seemed more at home in the Blackadder universe than the Game of Thrones. :lol

Jamie's a free man, and the Starks are wiped out. No army, no sons(that can carry on the namesake) I think, can Bran feel his...ya know? I kinda like Jon now more than I did in previous seasons but not saying he could have done better. I frankly am not very taken by any of the Stark characters and never have been much aside from Arya and Bran. And Bran is more of just an interest in where his powers are going more than a like for his overall character.
Arya's been hovering around my favorites list since season 2 and I think her character keeps getting better. I really hope she eventually meets Tywin again and he figures out who she is.

Back