Threezero Game of Thrones The Hound 1/6 scale

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I HAVE seen him reworked to be passable. As most threezero GOT thrones can be more or less “salvaged”

But the figures out of the box. All except Tyrion I’d say, are in my opinion the overall worst 1/6 official lisenced product from a major property since like 07

In my opinion the worst out of the box offender is Dani, then snow, then hound, then Ned, then Jamie.

Tyrion is the only one that turned out good in my opinion. Apart from his hands.

I wouldn't say the worst. Star Ace has been putting out some pretty bad products. I can't even see Emma Watson in their latest figure.

Star Ace started big. And were doing pretty good quality figures. Just on the verge of Hot Toys quality. Then they raised their prices to match Hot Toys and subsequently started putting out some of the worst 1/6 products on the market. I agree with that statement. Star ace fell very hard.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

We have diverged so much, hahhaha, but yes. That latest figure was atrocious. And it still had an SRP of $235 right?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I reviewed a lot of pictures before deciding to purchase Sandor. I'm mostly impressed with the figure. The head sculpt would greatly benefit from a repaint, and I'm not certain how I feel about the "rubber" jerkin... but all in all, it certainly looked like one of ThreeZero's better GoT figures.

I'm assuming I will get Cersei... also hoping for Ramsey and/or that little brat Joffrey. I will get Night King when he's finally offered. I'm also bent on getting Woodrob to offer a custom Ser Gregor zombie in armor. So all this had a hand in my decision to have Sandor as part of the collection. I figure he'd go well with his brother, Gregor, or little king Joffrey.

IMO, the list goes (from good to bad) Tyrion, Sandor, Ned, Jamie, Danny and dead last Jon Snow.

Wow -- Jon last? You ranking just head sculpt? Because I thought Jon Snow's outfit looked pretty good for the pictures I've seen.

I don't have any in hand but from what I've gathered, it seems like Dany is dead last to me. I was thinking about trying to pick up Jon Snow... now you have me 2nd guessing.

Yeah, that Jon head isn't great. And the hands and feet are noticeably oversized. Especially the feet. I've seen some nice repaints of the head, but the sculpt just isn't there.

But the outfit, like most of the other figures in this line, is pretty fantastic. Some folks took issue with the rubber (or vinyl?) belt, but that didn't bother me. (Hoping for a reasonably priced replacement head down the line.)

1BF361F6-8267-4B9A-AC6E-DAD3688CBB05.jpg

I’m obviously biased but I think the sculpt IS there on Jon. With a repaint and rehair I think it’s better than any custom sculpt currently available ( the eleven sculpt will change that of course). I do acknowledge of course that a repaint shouldn’t be necessary having already parted with a significant amount of money.

I’m talking right out the box. Dany looked better to me than Jon. She was still a disappointment no doubt but out the box, I still think she looked pretty good. With J Snow, had to get to work sourcing a new head right away!

I agree that the sculpt on Jon is there. Probably not so with Dany as the $300+ Repaint and re-hair of the original sculpt looks fantastic. The same for Dany, IMO, didn’t fair as well. But comparing pure effort from 3Z out the box, her head sculpt and paint work looks better.

Jon and dany are probably equally bad the difference is eitha re paint and a repair the dany sculpt is somewhat passable while the Jon sculpt is utter trash.

And yes I know none of the custom sculpts are knock outs either. IMO it’s not possible to own an excellent jon snow figure at the moment.

Well they are all priced way out of my limit for this line... so I guess all I have to worry about is that ThreeZero does a later version on these, at least Jon and Dani.

Thanks!

A friend of mine has one but says the hair on his was rather thin. Mine is anything but thin. Did anyone have to cut down the hair on theirs? That's what I'm thinking to do -- you know, so you can kind of see the scarring thru the strands of hair.

I did a very small amount of pruning to mine. I thinned out some of the hair underneath, to get rid of some of the bulk and body. Not much, though, just a few strategic snips in the spots where it was fullest.

Then to make his hair look as scraggly as possible I went low tech and just used some good old fashioned saliva! Yes, it's gross, but it worked very nicely. Just moistened my fingertips and worked it in.

NOTE: You should never let me style your hair.

:lol

I have some hair gel that likely will do the trick. I'd be afraid my saliva would start to gestate the plastic hair over time.

*hears Bucky bolt down stairs to check his figure*

I will be attempting some like pruning as well. The trick is getting his horrible hair to match how horribly he styles it in the show.

Back