Threezero Game of Thrones The Hound 1/6 scale

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It would be good with that yak hair... but my moderate skills have not reached hairing yet. I've done wigs for my Bond girls, but not genuine hairing. For that I'd also need super magnifying goggles like the 40 Year Old Virgin, and I'm just not ready. :lol

Given the "simple" nature of the sculpt as it is (see, I'm being nice), I think a little pruning will suffice for this guy.

Sidenote: Is Jaime worth getting? He's still relatively reasonable out there. Outfit looks nice.

I have a regular Hound coming. Would love to have the DX with the helmet but it is too expensive nowadays for me. Wondering if the Running Press miniature helmet is the right size for display? Anyone got that?
0762459352.jpg

Last edited:
It would be good with that yak hair... but my moderate skills have not reached hairing yet. I've done wigs for my Bond girls, but not genuine hairing. For that I'd also need super magnifying goggles like the 40 Year Old Virgin, and I'm just not ready. :lol

Given the "simple" nature of the sculpt as it is (see, I'm being nice), I think a little pruning will suffice for this guy.

Sidenote: Is Jaime worth getting? He's still relatively reasonable out there. Outfit looks nice.

I really dig the Jamie figure. The head, of course, doesn't look much like him, but the outfit is very cool. I also like it because, like Daenerys, he really pops on the shelf because the colors of his costume stand out against all the browns and blacks and earthtones of the rest of the line.

I have a regular Hound coming. Would love to have the DX with the helmet but it is too expensive nowadays for me. Wondering if the Running Press miniature helmet is the right size for display? Anyone got that?
0762459352.jpg

I have it (had the same idea!), whilst it is a nice little display piece, it isn't in sixth scale unfortunately :(

I really hate that ThreeZero decided to have the helmet as an exclusive accessory. :gah:

I have it (had the same idea!), whilst it is a nice little display piece, it isn't in sixth scale unfortunately :(

I really hate that ThreeZero decided to have the helmet as an exclusive accessory. :gah:

I was ok with it. It's a cool helmet, but he honestly doesn't wear it enough to be a must have item for me.

If anyone is curious or noticed the helmet in my photos are not the threezero.

I got the figure for less than a hundred bucks as I didn’t really care about getting him. Obviously it’s the non exclusive I got for that price. I’m happy I have him now but did find him naked without a helmet even though I knew I’d never make him wear it after my rework, I wanted to have one to hold so I found these 1/6 scale Christmas ornaments.

https://www.medievalcollectibles.com/p-44750-game-of-thrones-helmet-ornament-set.aspx

They are resin. I filled in the hole from the hook on the head and cut the bottom open as it was solid (but the helmet was hollow) I refined it a bit by dremeling and the. Repainted the whole thing. Really quite happy with it I must say.

A bit late to the game but here is my Hound figure. Messed with the hair a bit to make it sit better.
IMG_2305.jpg
IMG_2304.jpg

Got The Hound for close to retail price.
It was still available in a store here in Spain.

I also got Arya, and whereas Arya surprised me on the positive side, the Hound was a bit of a letdown.

Paintapps on the headsculpt are to blame.
It's the worst paintapp for a head in my collection for sure.
I have mostly Hot Toys, but also own a couple heads by Eleven, and one Sideshow Luke (helmeted).

I knew the swords were not die cast beforehand, but it was still a letdown. Especially after checking out needle, which I would say it is die cast.

The size is good, the rooted hair is good, articulation is good, the armor is impressively accurate. But the armor in the neck area is of a poor quality, it feels a bit like cardboard.

Overall it is a good figure. I just hoped it was better.
Arya level paintapps, a better quality neck area armor, and a die cast sword would have made this figure almost perfect.

61193446_114117636482880_6904754546214947313_n.jpg

This is one of the stronger figures in the line. The only thing that really needs work is the hair. If you can tame that down it is solid.

Last edited:
Back