Threezero Game of Thrones The Hound 1/6 scale

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the love mates.:lol Always buy multiples to support the line and because I really like Game Of Thrones. Still have my second of each release just in case my first one gets broken or lost for whatever reason. :dunno

With the announcement of Daenerys I really hope the line keeps on going for a long time. There are many characters I'd like to see, meanwhile I'm glad the Hound got prioritized before other fan favorites.

Peace.

Thanks for the love mates.:lol Always buy multiples to support the line and because I really like Game Of Thrones. Still have my second of each release just in case my first one gets broken or lost for whatever reason. :dunno

With the announcement of Daenerys I really hope the line keeps on going for a long time. There are many characters I'd like to see, meanwhile I'm glad the Hound got prioritized before other fan favorites.

Peace.

Hey if collectors buy doubles to help keep a line going I'm all for it.

I kinda fail to see how this can be classified as scalping. There was a clear order window open and everyone had an equal chance at buying however many they wanted :huh

I see scalping as buying multiples with the expressed interest on resale to those who couldn't order because there were only a few or a limited quantity to begin with.

I kinda fail to see how this can be classified as scalping. There was a clear order window open and everyone had an equal chance at buying however many they wanted :huh

I see scalping as buying multiples with the expressed interest on resale to those who couldn't order because there were only a few or a limited quantity to begin with.

If you buy anything with the intent to sell at a higher price point once said item is sold out, that's scalping. If you bought one or two of something for collecting purposes and then in the future were forced to sell them for whatever reason or you just lost interest, then that's entirely different. You could also sell them at cost plus shipping to a fellow collector, but most people don't do that because they think they deserve to get paid for holding onto something for a while.

Also, you can't buy "however many you want to." it was already discussed in this thread that if you buy too many and threezero suspects you of scalping, they will just cancel your order. So then you'll have the people who order using multiple PayPal accounts and addresses to get around that.

I'm not offended by someone buying 3-4 Hounds. That preorder was open for months. If someone wants to buy a few to resell to make some cash from people who didn't get the Hound when it was available, I don't see anything wrong with that. It wasn't limited, it wasn't hard to get. So if someone will sell a Deluxe one for 50-100 dollars more than it cost initially because they bought it when it was available, I don't think that's a big deal. The problem is people who go to SDCC and **** like that and buy up all of the exclusives that are limited to that event, to an extent where people at the show can't even get one.

Granted I don't think anyone should pay that much for a helmet, especially considering how great the sculpt itself looks.

Last edited:
I mainly bought the exclusive so I could have the helmet as a little extra insurance. If for some reason the final product sculpt doesn't impress, I can always stick the helmet on until a custom sculpt is made.

I briefly had Jon in hand and that sculpt was pretty bad so I'm just being cautious.

If you buy anything with the intent to sell at a higher price point once said item is sold out, that's scalping. If you bought one or two of something for collecting purposes and then in the future were forced to sell them for whatever reason or you just lost interest, then that's entirely different. You could also sell them at cost plus shipping to a fellow collector, but most people don't do that because they think they deserve to get paid for holding onto something for a while.

Also, you can't buy "however many you want to." it was already discussed in this thread that if you buy too many and threezero suspects you of scalping, they will just cancel your order. So then you'll have the people who order using multiple PayPal accounts and addresses to get around that.

So like I said, you could buy however many you wanted...maybe you had to jump a hoop or two but there were definitely no real roadblocks to buying multiples.

The figure or order window wasn't limited so anyone buying multiples for whatever reason doesn't bother me one bit.

So like I said, you could buy however many you wanted...maybe you had to jump a hoop or two but there were definitely no real roadblocks to buying multiples.

The figure or order window wasn't limited so anyone buying multiples for whatever reason doesn't bother me one bit.

That's fantastic it doesn't bother you. That wasn't my point. My point was scalper, that's all.

There is just an agree to disagree thing here, or a line at which some people are bothered and some aren't. For me, as long as it wasn't like "limited to 1000" and someone bought 500 to flip, it doesn't really constitute scalping for me.

It's really just semantics/personal opinions, not a huge deal in the long run. :duff

Wow. I just cant believe people can still misunderstand buying multiples for a preoder item constitutes as scalping.
Preorder is limited to how many had requested, so the companies made them to order. That is fair. In fact its great because
1. You are supporting the line by confirming (more or less) sales and
2. Putting more figures on the after market, basically making the item less limited.

This greatly differs than a company releasing a closed limited stock and some douce grabbing a couple for himself to profit to flip once in hand.
How people still cant see the difference I just dont understand.

Wow. I just cant believe people can still misunderstand buying multiples for a preoder item constitutes as scalping.
Preorder is limited to how many had requested, so the companies made them to order. That is fair. In fact its great because
1. You are supporting the line by confirming (more or less) sales and
2. Putting more figures on the after market, basically making the item less limited.

This greatly differs than a company releasing a closed limited stock and some douce grabbing a couple for himself to profit to flip once in hand.
How people still cant see the difference I just dont understand.

:goodpost::lectureQFT

No matter limited or not a product is, if you have extra that you intend to sell for well over retail after it's sold out that's scalping.

I saw people selling the Ned exclusive for $400. I think it originally sold for around $170? If that's not scalping I don't know what is.

No matter limited or not a product is, if you have extra that you intend to sell for well over retail after it's sold out that's scalping.

I saw people selling the Ned exclusive for $400. I think it originally sold for around $170? If that's not scalping I don't know what is.

I just call that wishful thinking. :lol

In my opinion, that's not scalping. It's simple supply and demand. Everyone had an equal opportunity to preorder. Now, if this was a limited run and someone purposely bought up most of the supply so others did not have an equal opportunity to buy, then that is scalping.

In my opinion, that's not scalping. It's simple supply and demand. Everyone had an equal opportunity to preorder. Now, if this was a limited run and someone purposely bought up most of the supply so others did not have an equal opportunity to buy, then that is scalping.

Another QFT.
There is a reason why many figures go for much lesser than its retail price after release. The concept of the preorder window basically helps eliminate scalping. You cant flip for profit on release anymore like it used to be. If you preordered more to sell in the future(2-3) years on, more power to you because price could increase but may not be worth the wait.

Another QFT.
There is a reason why many figures go for much lesser than its retail price after release. The concept of the preorder window basically helps eliminate scalping. You cant flip for profit on release anymore like it used to be. If you preordered more to sell in the future(2-3) years on, more power to you because price could increase but may not be worth the wait.
Yup...which would be more akin to speculation than scalping.

Indeed. Another reason (for me anyways) for ordering at least two of each figure besides collecting is that it may upgrade my shipping to EMS. I ordered Jaime Lannister a few weeks ago and it will arrive via registered mail from HK, given how slow regular mail works in my country and with rumors of a postal workers strike I expect to see Jaime around February if lucky. :lol

Anyways, everyone is entitled to their own opinion: the mature and good-natured ones are always appreciated and the judgmental ones discarded but nevertheless respected. Have a good one fellas. :duff

Back