Threezero Game of Thrones - Daenerys Targaryen!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She does NOT look as bad as Jon Snow. Everyone saying this line keeps going down must not own that figure. He already occupies the back of my shelf. Ned is not that great either. Jamie is actually pretty good, Tyrion looks good but gets a lot of slack as it is such a unique figure size/shape. The Hound is a really cool figure and regardless of how Dany looks in hand, she most likely will slot in somewhere between Jamie and Ned in quality.

I nearly gave up on this line when Jon showed up (and Ghost is terrible as well... not expecting much with these baby dragons).

I think in hand she wont be as bad as a lot of these pictures, and having been in the line for a while now, I have very low expectations of final product from this company. Yet, I still buy them as once they are in my detolf together, there is no mistaking what property they are derived from.

My Hot Toys OT Star Wars shelf is one detolf over and Han Solo still bugs the crap out of me with Luke and Ben being only marginally better so all the people claiming they would do the line justice are not being entirely realistic.

Do I wish some company other than Three-Zero had the license? Yeah, but not sure who it would be that would not only do better likenesses but actually pump some figures out in a timely fashion.

Having her in hand, she is not as bad as I had feared. However, you can't get around the fact that she is not in the same scale as the rest of the line... her head is noticeably smaller than everyone else. My guess is she's about a half an inch shorter than she should be.

A fact that SEVERELY hurts this figure.

Still... i'm keeping her.

Wow... what a hot mess, I've been trying to track down a decently priced EX, money saved.

Okay... She arrived on my doorstep this morning.

For all the dread I felt seeing photos, I have to say I’m happy with the figure. The sculpt and paint job look a lot better in person. The likeness is definitely a step down from the hand-painted prototype, but not nearly as bad as I feared.

The hair looks really good on mine too. I’m actually really impressed with it. It didn’t even need any product to improve it (though I did add some for the sake of ‘preservation’. This, more than anything has made me happy with the figure.

She is shorter than she should be, but I don’t think she’s drastically so. She probably should be about a half an inch taller at most. She’s even a bit shorter than the Jyn Erso figure and stands about shoulder height with a Phicen.

The most bothersome thing is that the face is darker than the body’s skin tone, but in the right light it blends fine.

I wish all the rest of you good luck with your figures!

who's is still sitting in china since the 13th? those that have received it in the US, where are you located? has anyone in CA received their's yet?

IMG_1255.jpg

Arrived yesterday. Yes a step down from the prototype definitely, but betterthanI was expecting given the furore....

Yep, best pic we’ve seen of the HS without doubt...it’s the rest of the pictures we’ve seen that makes me anxious! Still...maybe all’s not lost.

For those who said the figure is shorter, could you please measure it with a ruler in cm? Emilia is short, and the head is smaller than a male, I posted a pic of them for comparison, her head is smaller than nikolaj even peter dinklage. A scaled model is sensitive in size, I'm afraid if the head is bigger, people still say it's a bobble head. But I think the head is distorted in factory production, so it's a bit smaller, but in photos it looks right with her proportion. Really they should sort out their problem with factory productions.

View attachment 383714

Arrived yesterday. Yes a step down from the prototype definitely, but betterthanI was expecting given the furore....

That's definitely the best pic of it so far.

Okay... She arrived on my doorstep this morning.

For all the dread I felt seeing photos, I have to say I’m happy with the figure. The sculpt and paint job look a lot better in person. The likeness is definitely a step down from the hand-painted prototype, but not nearly as bad as I feared.

The hair looks really good on mine too. I’m actually really impressed with it. It didn’t even need any product to improve it (though I did add some for the sake of ‘preservation’. This, more than anything has made me happy with the figure.

She is shorter than she should be, but I don’t think she’s drastically so. She probably should be about a half an inch taller at most. She’s even a bit shorter than the Jyn Erso figure and stands about shoulder height with a Phicen.

The most bothersome thing is that the face is darker than the body’s skin tone, but in the right light it blends fine.

I wish all the rest of you good luck with your figures!

That's good to hear that it looks better in hand. I thought the skin tones on the head/body looked different from the pics - at least the cape can be used to hide that problem - which is what i will be doing. :)

Cool picture. Looks like something happened off-screen, to the right and everyone is looking there, a bit concerned... :wink1:

Yes, they filmed the entire 8th season with Jon missing a hand and they were just informed they have to do it all over again. :lol

Don't deny the trend here...proto photos lead to hate and bashing...1st in-hand photos lead to praise of the proto and bashing of the prod run...1 week later...this figure looks good in-hand.

Can we agree the proto looks better than the released version but that most of us are still happy to have a Dany (non custom) on the shelf?

And no, I'm not defending the drop in quality...that sucks, but it seems like the community mentality just goes around and around in a circle.

Back