Threezero Game of Thrones - Daenerys Targaryen!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i'd be skeptical if they made new head sculpts given the hair is such a pain to do time and cost wise.

However, if they sent them all back to get repainted.... that would be nice ~

i'd be skeptical if they made new head sculpts given the hair is such a pain to do time and cost wise.

However, if they sent them all back to get repainted.... that would be nice ~
I see your point. Maybe a repaint is also what is done. The quoted phrase I received was the following:

"... delayed because we are working on a HS update..."

Believe only time will tell if the info was/is right or not. And if so in which degree.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Not asking anybody to believe me. Simply sharing what was told to me.

Just seems to work with the lack of shipping notices.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Its fine, it may be true, id just rather expect the worst tbh.

Im think what they will do, if anything, is repaint it.

Repainting every sculpt will be a delay of several months at least and they haven't said anything yet. One thing Threezero is good at is announcing delays.

Its fine, it may be true, id just rather expect the worst tbh.

Im think what they will do, if anything, is repaint it.

Repainting every sculpt will be a delay of several months at least and they haven't said anything yet. One thing Threezero is good at is announcing delays.

Did you guys see my post? I asked about it and they just told me the production sculpt will differ from the prototype. Like I had to be told that. So basically, no. They'll use the old production figure may differ slightly from the protoype and leave it at that.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Lol as if the company is going to rework the head when there are already in hand copies of the produced figures out there. Keep dreaming guys and enjoy the travesty that is your latest and greatest threezero project...

It's not completely unheard of. QMX delayed and redid the head for their Mal figure. And Asmus does their post-release expansion packs. But those are certainly outliers and 3Z doesn't have a history of doing anything like that.

Not expecting them to do it, but a boy can hope, can't he!?

Last edited:
I suppose it's possible all the cancellations have had an impact, or maybe they recognize themselves that the final figure is a huge disappointment and not up to their standards, or they realize that this is an important character that deserves to be done right... but I'm not going to hold my breath.

They put John Snow out as is... they do not care if it has a sub-par sculpt. That being said, what I have seen of Dany is far better than the John I received and this is just following the usual cycle on here... first in hand pics, everyone freaks out then its not as bad in hand and then looks ok on shelf, especially next to aforementioned Snow. Tyrion and the The Hound are the two best figs in the line, Jamie not bad and Ned is sort of acceptable. This one will be in line.

I was blown away by the proto but never expected to actually get that from 3-0.

At least it is nothing like that S.A. Hermione.

If true, very welcome news. I’d happily wait another 12 months if it meant they could deliver something close to the proto.

:exactly: Me too, I'd be more than happy to wait..it would be really great if it was true, but I just can't see them changing it at this late stage unfortunately. :(

Ok, I am feeling more comfortable with getting this now with seeing the latest pics.

Three A are less expensive than Hot Toys and you can see that with this figure, but she's decent enough to go into the collection. Jon Snow did not sadly.

I've never bought into the whole "well they're cheaper than Hot Toys" point of view. It's not much of an argument when there other other companies that can still put out great figures without an HT price point. DID/3R have been pretty consistent with putting out killer military figures for years with better paint than ALL of the GoT figures in this line. They also come with complex outfits, leather boots, and metal weapons. And they're cheaper than the figures in this line. Besides, I don't think it's a good excuse for what I see here.

Also, I don't think anyone was under the delusion that this production figure would be a one to one comparison to the prototype. I think the drop off is more egregious. That, and I think the prototype was excessively good that there is a bigger disappointment.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Just got a message from DHL International saying I have a package coming this Tuesday, so I'm guessing she has shipped.

Back