Threezero Game of Thrones - Daenerys Targaryen!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had my eye on this for a Xmas present but did not pre-order for exactly this reason.
I want to see what I'm actually buying instead of the inspiration for the thing I'm actually buying.

I'll wait for more pictures but ... basically I'm looking at other gift ideas. :/

I am dying for a good GoT figure and I thought this was going to be finally the one worth getting. But it's not. I want to see more in hand pics of course but like all John Snow, this is very disappointing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am dying for a good GoT figure and I thought this was going to be finally the one worth getting. But it's not. I want to see more in hand pics of course but like all John Snow, this is very disappointing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tyrion, Ned and The Hound are all excellent figures and well worth getting.

You guys scared the ***** out of me. I saw the last page and I said, "oh no! They must've botched it! This sucks! and I only have one payment left to go!" Then I went back a couple of pages, saw the final product, and calmed down.

This is in NO WAY equal in problems to the star ace final POA Hermione! Can't believe that was even suggested. I think she looks perfectly fine. Yep, she is SLIGHTLY down from the proto but that's like going from utter perfection to very good. That proto was the best female sculpt I've ever seen . Now it's merely awesome and her hair now looks like the later seasons instead of midway through the run. Boo Hoo. I am happily keeping my preorder and can't wait till she gets here. If she's this close to release, sideshow will probably take my final payment Christmas day and I'll have her by my wife's birthday a week or so later. I'm sure my wife will be pleased I got a new dollie on her birthday lol.

You guys scared the ***** out of me. I saw the last page and I said, "oh no! They must've botched it! This sucks! and I only have one payment left to go!" Then I went back a couple of pages, saw the final product, and calmed down.

This is in NO WAY equal in problems to the star ace final POA Hermione! Can't believe that was even suggested. I think she looks perfectly fine. Yep, she is SLIGHTLY down from the proto but that's like going from utter perfection to very good. That proto was the best female sculpt I've ever seen . Now it's merely awesome and her hair now looks like the later seasons instead of midway through the run. Boo Hoo. I am happily keeping my preorder and can't wait till she gets here. If she's this close to release, sideshow will probably take my final payment Christmas day and I'll have her by my wife's birthday a week or so later. I'm sure my wife will be pleased I got a new dollie on her birthday lol.

For some reason people expect prototype quality even though they know they never get that. I guess people love to ***** and moan.

For some reason people expect prototype quality even though they know they never get that. I guess people love to ***** and moan.

Yeah and I totally get it. But this time? No, no, I think it's a tad too much. Opinions, opinions, etc. but I just don't understand it quite as much this time. There are so many other figures that have turned out way worse from this company and other companies. To me, this is a step down in the same way the blitzway Ghostbusters is a tiny step down from THEIR protos.

Too bad its a step down but I expected it. Don't have time / skills to go with the custom / paint fix route so I'll have to take it for what it is. Now what's next in this line or are we done?

Skin tone is too tanned and whoever took those in hand pics didn't care enough to adjust the hair. It makes it look more off than it is. Think it'll look fine once you adjust the hair so I'll be keeping my PO.

Well, time to add Threezero on the black list with Star Ace. Not everyone can afford to buy the figure and then spend another $100 to fix/repaint the figure. Ugh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who’s only charging $100 for a repaint? ;)

I think you all have to remember that ThreeZero figures are pretty cheap relative to the hobby. You can’t expect a flawless package from a $150 MSRP. Hot Toys go for twice that, and even they’re often lacking in quality. But unless it’s total crap, SOMETHING usually justifies the price. With ThreeZero, it’s usually the outfitting. Unfortunately, in Dani’s case, you can’t even point to that. The seamless body is probably the value salvage in this scenario. Either way, a repaint could go a long way with her, as we’ve seen from all of the ThreeZero sculpts. She’s got grail potential in the right hands...

I defend ThreeZero normally, based on their price point and the nice quality of the clothing on the figures. I can forgive some minor likeness issues... but this is bad.

I knew and accepted that Dany wouldn’t look as good as the prototype pics, but this doesn’t even look like the same sculpt. I suppose it could just be the paint (those sloppy new eyebrows!), but the head seems to be a different shape and the lips seem to have lost definition.

Where it really falls apart is the hair styling. The prototype already looked like a simplified version of the hairstyle we see on screen, but this new one looks unfinished. It reminds me of what happens to my nieces Barbies’ hair after they’ve been played with for a long time.

If I hadn’t already paid for the exclusive, I’d cancel my order.

This is NOT The Prince That Was Promised!

Has any rooted hair looked good fresh out of the box? They wedge the head between foam and put plastic around their heads.

I defend ThreeZero normally, based on their price point and the nice quality of the clothing on the figures. I can forgive some minor likeness issues... but this is bad.

I knew and accepted that Dany wouldn’t look as good as the prototype pics, but this doesn’t even look like the same sculpt. I suppose it could just be the paint (those sloppy new eyebrows!), but the head seems to be a different shape and the lips seem to have lost definition.

Where it really falls apart is the hair styling. The prototype already looked like a simplified version of the hairstyle we see on screen, but this new one looks unfinished. It reminds me of what happens to my nieces Barbies’ hair after they’ve been played with for a long time.

If I hadn’t already paid for the exclusive, I’d cancel my order.

This is NOT The Prince That Was Promised!
The good thing is if you don't feel like spending the money or effort to fix the sculpt you can sell the exclusive and more than make your money back.

I saw someone selling the regular Jon Snow for $350, had no idea it went for that much.

Last edited:
Yeah I'm much less bothered by the poor paint job than the fact the underlying sculpt seems to have slightly changed. It reminds me of all those recast HT heads you see on eBay where the likeness is a bit more generic somehow.

Ugh so disappointing. I was so hyped for this figure i was getting excited at the prospect of custom outfits and considered buying multiple figures. Now i dont want one. I hate the paint, just watched the unboxing video. She reminds me of thoes generic 1:6 female heads you buy to make customs with and you need to try about 8 bodies until you get a skin tone match because the head is pink.

Im not going to cancel my pre order, i only have like $50 to pay. But unless between now, and when it arrives new pictures or video come out with better quality showing its fine ill likely sell it on ebay upon receiving it.

Yeah I'm much less bothered by the poor paint job than the fact the underlying sculpt seems to have slightly changed. It reminds me of all those recast HT heads you see on eBay where the likeness is a bit more generic somehow.

Yup, the sculpt looks like a bootleg now.

Back