Threezero Game of Thrones - Daenerys Targaryen!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Upgraded my Danny.. I know the hairstyle doesn't match the costume, but I just want to have a proper likeness of the Queen of Dragon. :)

IMG_4600.jpg

IMG_4601.JPG

Looks great!

It is indeed! Phenomenal likeness. :)

Ah as I thought, Onesixthkit/Kit Chen is considering another collaboration with Nut to release the head on a larger scale. There is a post on fb which everyone can support (edit: he seems to have surpassed the needed 500 likes to make this happen):

Yes, I was originally going to wait for this, but I don't think the mass prod (500 pcs) will be painted personally by him, or at least, given the same amount of personal attention/time by Nut himself, and for Daenerys, I want it to be perfect.

I can always buy the mass prod one and have it painted by someone, but I think I like Nut's paint and so I am very happy with the one I received. :)

Wow! Looks really great! I was tempted to purchase it from Nut Pizs, but not only it was pretty expensive, but I saw a lot of people was waiting forever for their sculpts from him to arrive. Since the Kit version is supposed to be the same sculpt, I'm very glad to see the likeness in person is even better than Nut proto pictures. Hope it'll be made and we don't need to wait 2 years!

Wow! Looks really great! I was tempted to purchase it from Nut Pizs, but not only it was pretty expensive, but I saw a lot of people was waiting forever for their sculpts from him to arrive. Since the Kit version is supposed to be the same sculpt, I'm very glad to see the likeness in person is even better than Nut proto pictures. Hope it'll be made and we don't need to wait 2 years!

Yes it is! Also, the wait is not that long, if you order now, I am sure you'll get it immediately. He's shipping Dany hs now.
As for the mass prod, it will be made, I just talked to Nut. Not sure when though. And I also asked for the difference between the one made by him and the mass prod one,
He said the mass prod will be factory painted, not by him, also the materials will be different, and so, will lost the details the original sculpt have.
My phone camera is bad, but the small details like the skin pores, the lip creases, and the eyebrows sculpt are crazy!

Yes it is! Also, the wait is not that long, if you order now, I am sure you'll get it immediately. He's shipping Dany hs now.
As for the mass prod, it will be made, I just talked to Nut. Not sure when though. And I also asked for the difference between the one made by him and the mass prod one,
He said the mass prod will be factory painted, not by him, also the materials will be different, and so, will lost the details the original sculpt have.
My phone camera is bad, but the small details like the skin pores, the lip creases, and the eyebrows sculpt are crazy!

That's what I'd expect, just like Jon Snow Eleven sculpt. Mass production will always be less quality that hand painted custom work, and Nut's work is stellar. I've noticed that the way he phothographs his sculpts detracts from the likeness, he uses a tight zoom to capture the details, but the general shape tends to appear wider than it is. As I see in your pictures, the likeness is spot on. Might order it after all, thanks for your input!

That's what I'd expect, just like Jon Snow Eleven sculpt. Mass production will always be less quality that hand painted custom work, and Nut's work is stellar. I've noticed that the way he phothographs his sculpts detracts from the likeness, he uses a tight zoom to capture the details, but the general shape tends to appear wider than it is. As I see in your pictures, the likeness is spot on. Might order it after all, thanks for your input!

That is the kind of observation I expected from the great Mikel Janin! You are very much welcome, good sir! :)

Thanks! I think so too.. the likeness is better than the Blitzway statue, IMHO. I got it from a guy called Nut.

Yeah, likeness looks better than the statue.

The skin tone of the Nut looks to be darker than the Threezero figure body though.

I will probably buy at least two of these - I have 2 Threezero figures and 2 customs.

The skin tone of the Nut looks to be darker than the Threezero figure body though.

I will probably buy at least two of these - I have 2 Threezero figures and 2 customs.

Yep, slight skin tone difference. But not too disturbing. What most important is, the proportion is perfect with the Threezero body.
As we all know, Dany is petite. Slight error on the head sculpt scale/proportion will look very weird.
Also the hair is not the usual Barbie hair that hot toys used, this one is more like yak hair that cuztomizer use, it's very soft and more like real hair.

Just read from Nut's Facebook that his partnership with Maxnut has ended in bad terms.
So I doubt that Maxnut will release Dany headsculpt..

Just read from Nut's Facebook that his partnership with Maxnut has ended in bad terms.
So I doubt that Maxnut will release Dany headsculpt..

Darn it!

Any details about why the fallout?

Looks like I'm stuck with the crummy Threezero head sculpt.

Have no idea.. I just read in Nut's FB that he is no longer associated with Maxnut, and that Maxnut is illegally producing his sculpt, something like that.

Kit Chen posted a couple of months back that if enough people wanted it, he would be producing that sculpt. Not sure if it got enough likes to proceed.

In that Facebook post, the likes exceeds the minimum number that Kit needs. However, has Kit produced a headsculpt with Nut before? or is Kit going to produce it via Maxnut originally?

In that Facebook post, the likes exceeds the minimum number that Kit needs. However, has Kit produced a headsculpt with Nut before? or is Kit going to produce it via Maxnut originally?

I am not sure. When I saw Kit posting that, I just assumed Kit was buying it in if there was demand. I’d have to ask I suppose.

Back