Threezero Game of Thrones - Daenerys Targaryen!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Her nose is a little too wide. If they fixed the nose before the figure went into production I'd be onboard with this, but as the figure stands now...it's close, but no.

15132407.jpg

Not sure if you much experience with women but their weight tends to fluctuate more than a man's does.
:lecture

but seriously, it looks so perfectly recognizable that the named nose issue can be easily ignored - even if there actually is one and it's not just a light/shadow effect.

15132407.jpg

:lecture

but seriously, it looks so perfectly recognizable that the named nose issue can be easily ignored - even if there actually is one and it's not just a light/shadow effect.

I thought we established that you're far from an expert when it comes to women?

Although I do not normally go for 1/6 figures, I couldn't pass up on this one; I think they did an amazing job at getting that likeness right and if they tweak it at all before production, hopefully it only gets better. There aren't a lot of switch-outs but I only plan on posing it and leaving it anyway. I think the clothing could have been a little bit nicer as it looks really "cheap" to me but I've never seen a threezero piece in person so I'm hoping for the best.

As a side note, although I'm a huge admirer of Selene from the Underworld series and was really looking forward to the Selene figure, I passed on it solely due to the fact that she didn't really look like Kate Beckinsale (to me). With that being said, I really liked the face sculpt that they went with even though the likeness may have been a little bit off. It was a win if you liked it and managed to get one before they sold out.

The nose being too wide is a subtle thing, but it's there. Comparison pics:

13a707a75e70518ee2526093f2e8cf22.jpg

daenarys-1024.jpg

Daenerys-daenerys-targaryen-30464003-1280-720.jpg

Daenerys_2x02.jpg

In the last pic she looks closest to the figure, but even there the nose looks off to me. It throws her whole face off just enough to make this a pass for me in its current state.

wtf.

quick someone draw some lines with scale to show it's off by 0.000001 mm.

Not only that... he picks a photo with different lighting conditions and none of the photos where light isn't blooming on her nose.

wtf.

quick someone draw some lines with scale to show it's off by 0.000001 mm.

All of the childish bickering aside, i see Daenerys in all the pics. It's better than i have seen anyone else do, and i hope the final product looks this way.
But i am wary, so i will hold off till it's released before committing to it.

I mean 95% of sculpts are much worse than this... I can't imagine what sculpt he thinks looks good. I can guarantee there is something more off with those.

I mean 95% of sculpts are much worse than this... I can't imagine what sculpt he thinks looks good. I can guarantee there is something more off with those.

I think people forget its a toy. Its a plastic sculpt of a real woman, a few mm off on the nose width is hardly an issue surely? its not actually Emilia Clark on your shelf, its a doll.

All of the childish bickering aside, i see Daenerys in all the pics. It's better than i have seen anyone else do, and i hope the final product looks this way.
But i am wary, so i will hold off till it's released before committing to it.

Agreed, it's a better likeness (to Emilia Clarke) than anything I've seen in figure or statue form to date.

I know the hobby has become increasingly expensive, but 1:6 figures have come a long way with the quality of sculpts.

Not knocking Melkor's standards, since we have our own sense of what is acceptable, but I was thinking something similar. If Daenerys is a pass, due to not enough likeness, what head sculpt (based on a real life humans face) out there is good enough?

I might have empty shelves if I applied that logic to my collecting.

For GoT 3Z heads IMO

Tyrion = As good as proto
Ned = Better than proto
Jon = Worse than proto
Jamie = Better than proto

Hopefully they learned from Jon and make the Hound and Daenerys as good as the prototypes.

Not knocking Melkor's standards, since we have our own sense of what is acceptable, but I was thinking something similar. If Daenerys is a pass, due to not enough likeness, what head sculpt (based on a real life humans face) out there is good enough?

From Hot Toys: Reeve Superman, AOU Cap, almost any Iron Man, AOU Thor, Civil War Black Widow, Civil War Scarlet Witch, Ant Man, DX-11 Joker, Winter Soldier, Red Skull, Amazing Spider-Man 2 Spidey. All of these are in my collection and worth the price to me. I'm not willing to pay $160 for this Daenerys. The Daenerys sculpt is close but not quite there, and the likeness is inferior to every single figure I've just listed.

I think you all want a Daenerys so badly that you'ere willing to gush over this figure because it's "good enough". But I work hard for my money and i'm not dropping $160 on "close but not quite there."

From Hot Toys: Reeve Superman, AOU Cap, almost any Iron Man, AOU Thor, Civil War Black Widow, Civil War Scarlet Witch, Ant Man, DX-11 Joker, Winter Soldier, Red Skull, Amazing Spider-Man 2 Spidey. All of these are in my collection and worth the price to me. I'm not willing to pay $160 for this Daenerys. The Daenerys sculpt is close but not quite there, and the likeness is inferior to every single figure I've just listed.

I think you all want a Daenerys so badly that you'ere willing to gush over this figure because it's "good enough". But I work hard for my money and i'm not dropping $160 on "close but not quite there."
Thought you were going to name some amazing figure likenesses .....

You named figures in my collection whose likenesses are average to me :huh

You think HT have closer likenesses in their multiple attempts of Black Widow & Scarlet Witch? That's crazy talk.

But we dont think Dany is good enough, we think its actually amazing.

There is no way Black Widow, Scarlet Witch, or even Rey for that matter has a better likeness to Threezero Dany.

Last edited:
put those sculpts side-by-side real images and you'd be surprised how off they actually are.

The only HT sculpt I can say has zero faults is their BD Robo Murphy.

HT's best female sculpt is their newest Widow, but that's still in Dany scrutiny range. Put that sculpt next to real scarjo and you can find nitpicks.

put those sculpts side-by-side real images and you'd be surprised how off they actually are.

You might be right that the sculpts themselves (in the case of Black Widow and Scarlet Witch) aren't perfect, but to me they're aesthetically pleasing versions of the actresses that make them look beautiful and heroic and iconic while bearing a striking likeness to the actresses themselves. For me the Daenerys sculpt makes Emilia Clarke look less beautiful and heroic than she actually is on the show and unless the nose is fixed I have no interest in it. Yes, I recognize that it looks like her (albeit with a wider nose), but it doesn't look aesthetically pleasing enough to me. It doesn't look iconic.

Anyone who really thinks that the Hot Toys Reeve Superman isn't a better likeness than this Daenerys needs to have their eyes checked though.

Back