Threezero Game of Thrones - Daenerys Targaryen!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone who really thinks that the Hot Toys Reeve Superman isn't a better likeness than this Daenerys needs to have their eyes checked though.

Not to get slightly off topic, but was it just my Hot Toys Superman that had a dark skin/face complexion of Christopher Reeves or was this a common issue?

Mine was definitely darker than the pic above. But I believe that sculpt pictured may have been modified by Noel Cruz, who does a lot of custom paint work.

Superman was my first 1:6 figure back in 2012 I think.

I just eye balled it...looks pretty close
IMG_8865.JPG

...but I see Melkor's point. There are issues with the sculpt but if they can maintain this level of accuracy, I think the difference will be fairly negligible in hand.

Last edited:
It doesn't sound like which figure has the better likeness anymore Melkor, but simply what you like to look at more .....

& yeah, I think the likeness is better on Daenerys than on Reeve. Easy. My Superman lives in his box. I'd put Daenerys against Mandarin, & maybe not the most popular choice, but I quite like Gamora as well.

Ht mandarin figure ftw in terms of sculpt likeness and accuracy and awesomeness.

I do agree Clarke's sculpt is not 100% but it is close. Best likeness out there by far. Only worry I would have is the production piece and whether it will be similar or inferior. That to me IS the question everyone should ask. And threezero's past reputation on that is sketchy at best. At least with HT you know you will never get the proto paint apps.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Not knocking Melkor's standards, since we have our own sense of what is acceptable, but I was thinking something similar. If Daenerys is a pass, due to not enough likeness, what head sculpt (based on a real life humans face) out there is good enough?

I might have empty shelves if I applied that logic to my collecting.
:exactly:
my shelves might only remain with HT Robocop on them... though no, he's on the same level of face accuracy, so he should be ditched as well.
i don't know what the actual product will look like, but those photos on a previous page make me wanna purchase it. and i don't even need that line or that character.
in fact it looks better than the actual actress, that might be the reason it looks so good :dunno

Last edited:
Love GOT but I wasn't into this line. Now that I see Dany I think I might take the plunge. She looks great. Now I've got to find a John Snow on the cheap. Can't have her by herself. Maybe Tyrion too.

Ned, Jon, Jamie, Walter, Jesse, & Rick? Those head sculpts turned out about as horrible/good as advertised.

I've been disappointed a few times by head sculpts not really looking as advertised, but not by 3Zero I think. Would be a bummer if they started with Daenerys. Because we want this:

pFRrfmv.jpg
Yeah. I'd say Ned looked about the same, Tyrion did, too. Jon looked slightly worse in some of the pictures I've seen due to paint, and Jaime actually looked better. If they keep that track then Hound and Dany should he ok. I sure hope so.

Pre-ordered. If the final product looks anything like the prototype I'll be happy. Been waiting for a Daenerys figure for a long time.

A little bummed must order direct to get exclusive dragon's but think i might just find some bigger dragons to pose with her. I think the shows big enough other companys will give us more dragon option's to choose from for display. If they do some large dragon busts if scale size will work it would be cool.

How is the Three Zero female body articulation

I dont think they've released a realistic female figure yet?
I think Dany and that Michone person from Walking Dead will be the first 2 next year. I know they did an anime girl figurine, but its a totally different type of body to the one being used for live action female characters. Could be wrong though...

I wonder if these will be coming out sooner then a year considering how fast Dany came after the Hound or preorder....or maybe I'm just being optimistic.

I wonder if these will be coming out sooner then a year considering how fast Dany came after the Hound or preorder....or maybe I'm just being optimistic.

It would "appear" they might be trying to do 2 a year now instead of the 1 a year. That would be perfect for me. I'm thinking the last few figures have brought some hope to the line.

Back