Threezero Game of Thrones - 1/6 Jon Snow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn, Ghost is HUGE. Definitely getting bang for your buck with this one.

I haven't received a text, but also didn't order on day 1, so it's possible mine hasn't shipped yet. I just e-mailed their customer service for an update.

Ive already seen Snow at Toy Souls event so already know what to expect. Hmm I actually wanted Ghost to be even bigger, but if the scale here is correct then I have no complains.

Also thank you for the early dirty pics;p

^ And he's HEAVY. I had a feeling he was going to be big when I saw the box. The outfit on Jon is excellent. Better then Neds. One thing that I like that they did with this release was give a peg for each hand already attached. The likeness is one of the elusive kinds. Up close I'm not feeling it, but about 4 feet away the likeness gets much stronger.

I'm sure someone with better photography skills than myself will do the packaging justice. It's my favorite so far. It has the Nights Watch oath imprinted on two sides and a sword and belt on the others. The box is thick, heavy and well made. Ghost was encased in think foam. The boots and gloves are very large( as expected) and the likeness could be better but overall this is a great release. I'm really loving Ghost though I think I'll be doing some minor touch ups on him. I think a snowy forest diorama with these two would be amazing.

This line is more than acceptable so far for the price you are paying. Way better than the Mass effect or Robocop line.

Looks great :) Ghost looks amazing. Better that I expected from the images I'v seen. But big! :)

NooOo! DHL said they might be delayed til tomorrow! ... also thanks for the MyOK suggestion. Should work even though I live in an apartment.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

John looks pretty good.

Do you have Timber to compare Ghost to?
No, I don't. But if anyone wants a very large and scary wolf this is where it's at. I've already heard people wanting it bigger, but I think this is the right size. It's impressive in person and very heavy. Well worth the extra $30. And this is coming from someone that wasn't overly anticipating Ghost.

See, what did I tell you guys? DHL are a bunch of fraudsters.

They dropped the package on my porch and didn't so much as ring the doorbell before leaving. If I were the unscrupulous type I'd call them later today to say I didn't receive anything.

So the package was valued at $30 US which was converted to 42.24 Canadian. That amount would normally not be processed for tax by the postal service which is a crown (government) corporation. But because DHL are trying to squeeze all the income they can, they make sure anything they bring into the country is disbursed tax, no matter the assessed value.

The tax owing is $5.49

But but but... You saw already that I said I had to pay $22.16...

That's because DHL charged $10.50 for "processing fee" - that's for paperwork and another $4.25 transaction fee - that's probably for disbursing the $5.49. On top of this they also charged tax of $1.92 on their fees (that part is mandatory).

WRT Ghost's size... The next step would have been to repaint Sideshow's Tauntaun or Dewback. This thing is pretty damned big and heavy. It's easily 4 to 5 times the volume of a 6th scale German Shepherd I have for my Maximus figure.

It's also crazy heavy for its size, like a clay sculpture, and factoring its size and weight (also affecting shipping), I'm not sure Threezero made any extra money adding the exclusive for only $30.

The oversized boots don't aid in stability and in fact, IMO, they hinder it because of their shape and lack of flexibility.

Of the three figures released so far, this one has the weakest head sculpt. The softest features with the lowest likeness and the most basic of the paint applications. It's decent, but I typically expect more from Threezero, especially in the likeness department. It doesn't look as good as the prototype in this respect, probably because of the paint.

Last edited:
See, what did I tell you guys? DHL are a bunch of fraudsters.

They dropped the package on my porch and didn't so much as ring the doorbell before leaving. If I were the unscrupulous type I'd call them later today to say I didn't receive anything.

So the package was valued at $30 US which was converted to 42.24 Canadian. That amount would normally not be processed for tax by the postal service which is a crown (government) corporation. But because DHL are trying to squeeze all the income they can, they make sure anything they bring into the country is disbursed tax, no matter the assessed value.

The tax owing is $5.49

But but but... You saw already that I said I had to pay $22.16...

That's because DHL charged $10.50 for "processing fee" - that's for paperwork and another $4.25 transaction fee - that's probably for disbursing the $5.49. On top of this they also charged tax of $1.92 on their fees (that part is mandatory).
That's weird. The DHL delivery guy here attempted to drop off the package a couple hours ago, saw no one was home and gave me a call to schedule a time to meet at the house. I got mine about half an hour ago.

WRT Ghost's size... The next step would have been to repaint Sideshow's Tauntaun or Dewback. This thing is pretty damned big and heavy. It's easily 4 to 5 times the volume of a 6th scale German Shepherd I have for my Maximus figure.

It's also crazy heavy for its size, like a clay sculpture, and factoring its size and weight (also affecting shipping), I'm not sure Threezero made any extra money adding the exclusive for only $30.

The oversized boots don't aid in stability and in fact, IMO, they hinder it because of their shape and lack of flexibility.

Of the three figures released so far, this one has the weakest head sculpt. The softest features with the lowest likeness and the most basic of the paint applications. It's decent, but I typically expect more from Threezero, especially in the likeness department. It doesn't look as good as the prototype in this respect, probably because of the paint.

Yeah, I agree with all of that. Definitely the weakest likeness. One of the things hurting it beside the paint are the eyes. They're too far apart, imo. Besides that, I know Jon Snow is a mopey and thoughtful character but I think a better expression is suited for a poseable figure like this. I know people rag on HT for giving most of their figures the furrow brow look but I do think it works perfectly with action figures. It looks good in a neutral pose and one in an action stance. It's kinda hard to buy Lord Snow is about to bury his sword in a White Walker with this expression. :lol He's also the most difficult one to stand up as you said. So for me it's:

Positive:

Packaging
Outfit
Ghost
The extra pegs

Negative;

Likeness
Stability

I think I'll give him an 8/10

One more pic of the crew and I'll let someone else post some pics. :lol

MY biggest complaint with Jon so far is the belt. The rubber clashes pretty heavily with the rest of the outfit. Definitely my least favorite part. I'm fine with the likeness. Definitely not spot on Kit Harrington but a passable look for Jon Snow. The leather work is pretty amazing, I think. Ghost is definitely worth the 30. Huge, heavy, and awesome. Really glad I got this, very cool figure!

Back