Threezero - Game of Thrones - 1/6 Eddard (Ned) Stark Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well originally I'd thought about getting a new head made from the first bout of pics, and changed my mind after in hand but if there's enough i don't mind sorting it

I'd already spoke with sdabbs about replacing the head previously and he said he would if interest was there and the head really needed replacing

I cant wait to get this. How long till BBTS will get theirs in I wonder.

could be a min yet, they were late in getting tyrion. but that may have been due to the dock strike. they have it listed as arriving this month but i will surprised if it does.

seen dates at other retailer as arriving 27th, 31st and on amazon its june 17th.

And seeing these in hand pics have made me decide to commit to this figure. I wanted to stay out of a GOT figure line. Too many characters and with MCU and DCCU stuff about to turn on the pressure, I wanted to be able to focus. Now that I see Ned I will have to get them.

Are there any Sideshow discount codes up. I want to use them on Ned if they work.

Got Ned in yesterday and I'm more than happy with him. I know we say it all the time and much respect to everyone with pics - but in hand he looks SO much better! Yes, I'm not looking at him under bright lights, but considering what I've seen in pics I was truly surprised by how great he looked in hand. I can't imagine that there would be any market at all for a different head sculpt.

I really wish ThreeZero would start releasing a new figure each quarter.

Ned: I, Eddard of House Stark sentence Tyrion of House Lannister to death for being an insufferable little bastard. Would you say your last words?

Tyrion: Only that I hope there is **** and wine in Hell.

Ned: *sigh*

Just a heads up, be careful with the wrist pegs. One of mine just broke with the most of ease. What ever they used to make these pegs the stuff is much softer than say HT's pegs. This sucks for a couple reasons: 1) they only give you one pair 2) While the part that goes into the wrist is somewhat compatible with an HT pegs the part that goes into the hand us not unless it's one of the Batman figure. Basically, I don't have anything to replace it. I'll glue it but I won't want to use that much anymore.

sorry just got it and haven't had time to set up but wanted to post some pics of the game of thrones letter opener ice compared to the three zero version. The sizes are very close, I knew the letter opener was about 0.5" shorter than what it probably should be, in reality its probably 0.25" shorter than the three zero version. The quality of the letter opener is of course 5X better than the three zero, mostly because its stainless steel vs plastic! only problem is there is probably no way for the figure to hold the stainless steel one, just weighs too much.

For display near the figure or holding it in front of himself touching the ground, the letter opener will be used, for any action poses the three zero version...

Attachments

• IMG_3497.JPG
    IMG_3497.JPG
    118.4 KB · Views: 294
  • IMG_3498.JPG
    IMG_3498.JPG
    124.9 KB · Views: 295
Woot! Mine just showed up, it did not seem like it would ever leave NY!

grats!:clap

Iowa eyy? yeah would been around now i would have been gettin one myself, in WI. son of a! :slap

love how well the cloak seems to hang in all the pics., does look great.

Got mine and opened him up. The face is fantastic. In person the likeness is near perfect. The body feels a little lame, but I like the weathering on the pants and boots. Didn't mess with him much but very happy, particularly for the price.

Curious to see what the body looks like underneath. If they're using the same bodies they make for the 3A figures, they're pretty similar to HT's.

I have to say that unlike Tyrion which I was highly impressed with im disappointed in the final outcome of Ned.

I admit that it could be because I had very low expectations with Tyrion and they were exceeded but wirh ned the expectations were higher and they were not met.

I think the outfit is top notch, the body fine. The hands still suck, these guys just can't do hands but at least they are gloves so it's not as critical this time.

I don't know why I was expecting metal swords I guess I got these mixed up with lord of the rings guys, so yeah it's pretty disappointing but more so that the resin actually feels and looks cheap and flimsy. It's not the end of the world but metal swords would have made this a stronger peice. Price is not an issue is gladly pay more.

The biggest let down is the head, the sculpt is not as refined as tyrion or quite up to today's 1/6 standards but I will say I think they captured a nice likeness here. The biggest problem is the paint job, the skin is too orange and the bead is too light and facial hair growth pattern and colouring is all wrong. I fixed the beard and cooled the skin tone and it's so much better. Yes I'll post pictures.

All in all I still like this figure and think it's a worthy representation of the character and hoping threezero can step up their game for the next figure. I'd rate this 6/10 straight out of the box. With my mods a 7/10

I can agree with most everything you said, Ray. Though I think I like him a little more than you do. Could you post pics of you revamped sculpt? I'd very much like to see it.

Edit: I completely missed where you said " yes, I'll post pics." [emoji38] Soo nevermind.

Haha no worries. Ill try and get a couple pics up today,

Paint tweaks can bring out something in the very worst of likenesses, since this is a good likeness the tweaks went a long way.

Haha no worries. Ill try and get a couple pics up today,

Paint tweaks can bring out something in the very worst of likenesses, since this is a good likeness the tweaks went a long way.
That's good to hear. :) I've been wanting to see a repaint of this sculpt for months. It's no Blitzway Pacino Carlitos Way but the likeness is there.

Back