Threezero - Game of Thrones - 1/6 Eddard (Ned) Stark Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's 2 sets of sword holding hands

1 set for Ice which are a bit bigger and another set for the sword and dagger I'm assuming

So to those who have Ned, does the Ice sword come with hands specifically for holding that sword, or are they the same hands used for both swords?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There's 2 sets of sword holding hands

1 set for Ice which are a bit bigger and another set for the sword and dagger I'm assuming

Agree. Just to add a note. Total 3 pairs of hands. One set of relaxed hands.

The hands that are specific for Ice are more flexible and allows for gripping the handle

Thanks guys. Looks like we will need another pair of hands if we missed out on the ex and are planning to buy the letter opener as a replacement.

I got mine yesterday but didn't get a chance to open him up. I'm hoping I can check it out tonight. The tracking was actually correct this time and updated regularly, unlike what happened with Tyrion.

I'll be really bummed if the non-exclusive doesn't have the hands necessary to pose him with the letter opener.

Are the non-Ice-holding hands flexible at all? Could they be opened a bit wider without damaging them?

yeah non ex has no ice holdin hands dont think. i think the relaxed hands could be used to hold ice maybe.....

arrghhh so want that ex but so want the fig in general tempted to go letter opener and get retail ver now route but i know when i do the ex ver will pop up for sale somewhere. life brah.:pfft:

Figure is great overall.

Nit picks:

I'd have to confirm with full size shots from the show, but the head looks a bit small on the figure in-hand. This is especially true when posed next to Tyrion.

The skin tone is a bit too orange for my tastes

The paint on the sculpt looks a bit more rudimentary than Tyrion's - the likeness is there and it's good overall, just maybe not as subtle - this and the above could have to do with the color of base plastics used for the sculpt

The butt on Ice is wrong - sculpt and paint - which I knew going in

Last edited:
I'll be really bummed if the non-exclusive doesn't have the hands necessary to pose him with the letter opener.

Are the non-Ice-holding hands flexible at all? Could they be opened a bit wider without damaging them?

Not as flexible as the ice holding hands. They flex a bit but it's too risky trying to bend further. Plus if the letter opener handle is much thicker than the three zero ice, I don't see the point using the non ice hands.

Figure is great overall.

Nit picks:

I'd have to confirm with full size shots from the show, but the head looks a bit small on the figure in-hand. This is especially true when posed next to Tyrion.

The skin tone is a bit too orange for my tastes

The paint on the sculpt looks a bit more rudimentary than Tyrion's - the likeness is there and it's goof overall, just maybe not as subtle - this and the above could have to do with the color of base plastics used for the sculpt

The butt on Ice is wrong - sculpt and paint - which I knew going in

thks for break down PP! :clap

Not as flexible as the ice holding hands. They flex a bit but it's too risky trying to bend further. Plus if the letter opener handle is much thicker than the three zero ice, I don't see the point using the non ice hands.

think the relaxed hands would hold letter opener handle ok?

thks for break down PP! :clap

think the relaxed hands would hold letter opener handle ok?

You can certainly rest the relaxed hands with the letter opener but it's going to look weird. The ice hands are more of a fist grabbing gesture, plus they are moulded to make the wrist look natural at an angle when pegged into the socket.

You can certainly rest the relaxed hands with the letter opener but it's going to look weird. The ice hands are more of a fist grabbing gesture, plus they are moulded to make the wrist look natural at an angle when pegged into the socket.

:gah:

as alwys thks for the info Chockles! :) so would you suggest to wait and try to get an ex on after then? if ned with ice is a must. what would you do?

The standard left hand (ships on the figure) will work well with the letter opener as it looks more gripping than the right hand. But I think they will both work "well enough" for most people that need to use them. The other two griping hands seem to be designed to hold the dagger and sword pointing up/outward. Some hot water might allow opening their grips a bit more and maybe you can get away with using them as well, but YMMV (the right on has a steep angle at the wrist).

:gah:

as alwys thks for the info Chockles! :) so would you suggest to wait and try to get an ex on after then? if ned with ice is a must. what would you do?

Like you said if ice is a must, I would wait a while to see if anyone is selling on eBay or if anyone/retailers that can help. I say this because the retailer version will be around for a long time and it's much easier to get that at a later date once you tried all resources to get hold of the exclusive.

This figure is still a very new release so chances of seeing the exclusive elsewhere is higher for now. There's no harm in waiting to try your luck.
I know most of the local retailers here in Hk haven't received their exclusive or even the retailer version yet. So there's still a chance they may get them in. If i missed the exclusive preorder back then, I'll be waiting at least a month before I give up on one and then wait and see for a sale to come to pick up the retailer version to ease the overall disappointment.

thansk Pixelpiper and Chockles, greatly appreciated!:clap will wait, just all anxious to get inhand, into GOT big time again as i watch this season.

Back