ThreeZero - Breaking Bad - Saul Goodman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The production figure in that video has the handkerchief in the pocket so you should be able to get a return based on that if they’re jerks about the packaging.

Also, as a longtime, pre-BB Odenkirk fan it’s insane that this exists haha. Odenkirk is possibly the only less-famous member of a comedy duo to ever successfully flip the script and surpass the other. It would be like if Kyle Gass became more famous than Jack Black or if Alex Winter became more famous than Keanu Reeves. I remember when Odenkirk was appearing on Miller Lite commercials when David Cross was on Arrested Development during its initial run and when Cross threw Odenkirk a bone with that AD guest spot it was almost sad.

My tracking number had been giving me a Thursday delivery date but today it arrived in my town and it now says it’ll be delivered today. I’ll keep everyone posted on my packaging condition and my handkerchief status.

Last edited:
I have to say I’m seriously anxious over the inclusion or possible omission of my figure’s hanky and I will report immediately upon delivery or after work, whichever applies. I’ve never been so concerned over a tiny piece of fabric.

I'm wondering if the purple hanky was slightly pushed down into the pocket and wasn't visible.

Mine definitely has the purple hanky and I don’t think it’s even removable. I also don’t think it’s pushed down in the pocket in the previous pics, I think the previous poster got a defective fig.
1f7b9ed51699bd221e10b545c880d859.jpg

My box was also in good shape.

I will blast this company every chance I get but from the early pics this looks to be one of their best!

I've come to the conclusion that there are (have been) differences from one figure to another from the same release, including, but not limited to, completely different head sculpts packaged. I can all but guarantee I (and many) don't have the same headsculpt on Daenerys as a yet some others I've seen.

This figure looks great and I'd love to pick him up - hopefully in the not too distant future under $100 like I did with my second Walt and first Jesse.

I've come to the conclusion that there are (have been) differences from one figure to another from the same release, including, but not limited to, completely different head sculpts packaged. I can all but guarantee I (and many) don't have the same headsculpt on Daenerys as a yet some others I've seen.

This figure looks great and I'd love to pick him up - hopefully in the not too distant future under $100 like I did with my second Walt and first Jesse.
I'm interested in this, I stopped following that Dany adventure and honestly have never opened mine - do you have any comparative pics of these different headsculpts? I wasn't aware that was a thing.

I can confirm also it’s totally a thing. I believe the first ones, the exclusives with the dragon had far worse paint apps than the regular. I got the exclusive and then another regular head off of TA and it was the case. I repainted them both because even though they were different they both totally sucked, so I don’t have any pics to compare.

This also happened with big chiefs James Bond. Exclusives from them direct were far too dark and purple looking compared to the regular version I got parted off of TA.

Moral of the story don’t preorder and don’t get the exclusives direct from the manufacturer

I am also holding out! I got both Walter and Jesse for under $100 each!

I'm interested in this, I stopped following that Dany adventure and honestly have never opened mine - do you have any comparative pics of these different headsculpts? I wasn't aware that was a thing.

I've been too busy to take photos of my Dany sculpt but I'll try to get some this week - and link here when I do.

I can confirm also it’s totally a thing. I believe the first ones, the exclusives with the dragon had far worse paint apps than the regular.

My suspicion goes beyond paint if you can believe it. I know the sculpt on mine looks nothing like Clarke. All the features are off, the face is super pointy and tiny. I've seen some photos from others of completely untouched figures with what looks like an entirely different sculpt with features matching Clarke precisely with a much flatter and rounder face, different nose and lip shapes. I asked one poster if he'd take some additional photos and he posted at least 5 or 6 more from different angles, with each still looking very much like the actress in her role - totally unlike my sculpt.

Mine was sent direct from Threezero, the exclusive - this other person's was bought retail a few months ago. I have to try and find who it was that posted the pictures as I neglected to save them at the time. I remember they're in Canada and photos were posted to the Canadian 1/6 group on FB.

I got mine about a week ago. Really happy with him. The likeness isn’t perfect but it’s acceptable as is the paint.

I just have to join the chorus here and say what a great sculpt!

I quite like Jesse and Heisenberg, but we go in knowing they are cheaper figs, from a smaller company. We forgive things. And Saul still has a bit of a cheaper feel, with the laptop and the hands and the body and the suit. But suits are really hard to get right in sixth scale and this one doesn't sit too badly after the barest of futzing. I am sure that if I take some time I can get it sitting well. Most importantly, the sculpt is far better than you might expect, as the photos above all attest. It blows Jesse and Walt out of the water. It's a tiny Saul! I never thought I'd have a sixth scale action figure of Saul Goodman, and I never expected it to be my favourite of the Breaking Bad bunch! Dear God I hope they do a Mike now.

Figure prices are creeping up everywhere, and I am really having to choose my battles now in terms of what I buy. But if the smaller companies with more affordable figures are lifting their sculpting game like this, then that opens up everything! I was looking at the DiD Roger Moore thread and it looks like DiD are starting to do great work. The sculpts are the most important part, and the companies that have traditionally been jostling at the rear of the pack have been starting to be really competitive. QMX have some great sculpts for their more affordable Star Trek line too. I was starting to think, 'Well, I guess I am going to be shifting to mainly getting sixth scale WWII soldiers now, because they're very affordable and I can't buy Hot Toys as often as I used to.' But other companies are starting to give us all sorts of tempting offerings, and leaping in to fill an important spot in the price range void nicely.

I got Saul for $150 cheaper than the ROTJ Luke Skywalker I got a couple of months ago. And sure, Saul is clearly the cheaper figure for a lot of reasons, but still ... If I can basically get two figs like this for the price of a Hot Toys, I'm really gonna consider getting two figs like this.

I'll have to take better pics in the light, after more futzing, but these are a couple of 'out of the box' shots I took after getting home from work. I had his watch on the wrong wrist initially.

014a.jpg

012a.jpg

Affordability plus a great likeness equals a real win here for anyone who even vaguely likes the character. I've been saving the latest season of Saul to binge once it gets near the end. I am really looking forward to watching it now with my tiny Saul saying, 'S'all good, man!' from the shelf.

Back